• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Original Bios for XFX RX 5600XT Raw II Pro

Reynolds68

Hello,

I am looking for the original bios for the XFX 5600XT Raw 2. I wasn’t very smart when I updated the bios and didn’t save the original bios. Now I get a black screen and the computer doesn’t even boot. When I use another card in primacy PCI slot and put this card in the second slot I can see the card in windows but says there is an error 43. If I remove the card in windows and then reinstall it Windows says that it is working properly. I can also see the card in GPU ID. I have tried reflashing bios from the XFX site and also from this site and I do not get any errors during the process but I still can’t get the computer to boot with the XFX card in primary PCI slot.

My plan is to try and flash the original bios that the card came with and see if that fixes the problem but I can’t find any of the older bios for the card and I am looking for some help.

Thanks in advance.

Robert

This is the card that I am trying to get to work. It was working fine in my computer until I flashed the bios to the most current one.

System Name i'm done in
Processor AMD 5950x
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory GSkil 64gb 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) Power Color R7900xtx Hell Hound oh hell ya
Storage 2x wd sn770 2tb 1-4tb wd- hd 2x8tb wd hd actually 1 fire cuda
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 1440p 32" 165hz hdr monitor might go oled
Case Corsair 4000D Air Flow
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G5 80+ Gold
Mouse logitech and roccet wcord
Keyboard logitech
Software W10 forever
have you tried reinstalling video card drivers?

Hello,

Could you please give us the information on the white sticker on the back of the card, or just take some pictures of the card.

Thanks,

Windows drivers not going to rescue blackscreen prior to windows loading caused by softbricked bad bios flash

View attachment 190165

I have downloaded and flashed the bios found on this site claiming to be for this card, it's not working for me, that's why I too am looking for a working bios for this card
Yeah unfortunately we have the VGABIOS for RAW II non-pro. Sometimes little differences in the bios are enough for the card to stop working, even if it's the same model or family.
Can't seem to find the exact bios for this model.

Is GPU-Z still able to detect your card / memory manufacturer for the gpu? Just want to make sure I give you a bios that will work first try.

Okay, XFX is kind enough to give BIOS on their website but there doesn't seem to have a working download link for your model...
I would recommend you open a support ticket to ask for the default bios, and ask in the sametime if they could give you the OC vbios that should be available on this page.

In the meantime, you should have an alternative BIOS on your card. You can switch by pressing a little switch near you PCI-E PSU port.
If you're lucky you have 3 positions ;

1. left is quiet
2. middle is default
3. right is oc

else it's
1. left quiet
2. right oc (default).

Last edited:
I have opened a ticket with XFX support, thanks for that suggestion.
The bios switch isn't an option because both sides were corrupted by a 17 year old that couldn't wait for me to get home :)
I know the feeling :laugh:. Let me know if XFX support isn't of any help, I could maybe grab another bios that may be compatible, but it's last resort as I don't want to make things worse lol.

oldupsman

here is the default factory bios on a v1.A 5600xt raw2 pro

Attachments

• 5600raw2prodefault1Abios.zip
    202.5 KB · Views: 176