• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Overclocking the AMD FX 8350 to 5ghz

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
I agree Garage start with the voltage a bit on the high side maby not 1.4700 but 1.4250(amd recommended nominal voltage) if hes got a chip from a decent batch 1.42 should be enough
Prime95 sucks for FX chips. You will mostly get errors regardless. Prime95 needs to update there software to include FX compatability.

Many people including me are getting 4.70GHz with 1.4v MAX and 4.40GHz with NO Increase in Voltage. The OP should OC to 4.40GHz and leave everything on Auto, if he succeeds, he could have a good batch. I don't buy this notion about jacking up the Voltage then OCing.

You should attempt the OC then up the Voltage if required. How do I know? I was running 4.80GHz with/ 1.385v Rock Stable. But I favored the higher Bus Speed and lowered the CPU speed 100MHz less & upped the voltage to 1.4v. I guess the bus speed requires more voltage for stability. :D

Last edited:

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
I did.... Go away. Your kinda annoying.

All you can pull on your Phenom II is 4GHz? LOL, that is childs play.

I think you need to get off your high horse and stop insulting people just because their overclock isn't as high as your. This isn't a pissing contest.

I hit 6Ghz on FX chips. I am a very seasoned veteren but thanks for the shout anyhow.

Screenshot and validation or it never happened, also with what kind of cooling because I seriously doubt you could that with air or water.

All he has to do is run prime95 and check the temps (keep load temps under 60).

Prime95 alone is a bad gauge weather or not his system is stable. It's a good first step but running a LINPACK/LAPACK based stress test and a video game should give you more accurate result as far as stability is concerned in addition to P95. If you were a "veteran overclocker" you would have known this. No offense.

Go away. Your kinda annoying.
So are you, but we're not telling you to leave...

andresgriego

Hey Simmyen, I think 5GHz on air is hard to get, if even possible. I tried with mine, it took 1.52V to make it stable enough to boot into Windows but it wasn't stable for anything other than simple tasks.

I haven't got mine overclocked right now so I can't offer any good advice. I do have the GA970-UD3 and the Noctura D-14, similar to your setup.

AMD chips are so cheap right now, I don't worry so much and therefore say, volt it until she craps herself.

Have fun and good luck.

=P

Processor AMD FX-8350
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3-1866
Video Card(s) XFX 7970 W/ Arctic Accelero 7970 Cooler
Storage 1x 128GB Samsung 840SSD / 1x Seagate XT 2TB
Display(s) ASUS 22" 1680x1050
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Scout 2
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Sparkle Power Inc - 750 Watt 80 PLUS GOLD
not on a lot of boards it isn't the minute you start touching the multis the board will start adding voltage usually way to much better to set the voltage to something safe like 1.38v

That is a very important fact that a lot of people seem to forget with newer boards, Auto and Default are not the same thing, I did not realize this until I was OC'ing a 1090T in a ASUS M5A88-M and was doing incremental multiplier increases with 5 minute Prime95 runs. At first I thought I was getting excellent speeds from the stock voltage until I checked and noticed my VCORE was at 1.5V. The setting was AUTO in the BIOS. Always a good idea to find out the stock voltage and set it to that manually when you begin your trial and error increases.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
Prime95 sucks for FX chips. You will mostly get errors regardless. Prime95 needs to update there software to include FX compatability.

Many people including me are getting 4.70GHz with 1.4v MAX and 4.40GHz with NO Increase in Voltage. The OP should OC to 4.40GHz and leave everything on Auto, if he succeeds, he could have a good batch. I don't buy this notion about jacking up the Voltage then OCing.

You should attempt the OC then up the Voltage if required. How do I know? I was running 4.80GHz with/ 1.385v Rock Stable. But I favored the higher Bus Speed and lowered the CPU speed 100MHz less & upped the voltage to 1.4v. I guess the bus speed requires more voltage for stability. :D

EXACTLY
the FX chips have a WEAK FPU and prime wont tell you shit for stability on those chips at least someone here knows what they are talking about

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
I think you need to get off your high horse and stop insulting people just because their overclock isn't as high as your. This isn't a pissing contest.

Screenshot and validation or it never happened, also with what kind of cooling because I seriously doubt you could that with air or water.

Prime95 alone is a bad gauge weather or not his system is stable. It's a good first step but running a LINPACK/LAPACK based stress test and a video game should give you more accurate result as far as stability is concerned in addition to P95. If you were a "veteran overclocker" you would have known this. No offense.

<offtopic>don't waste your breath his comment(about prime95) told me all I needed to know about his ""overclocking ability and general knowledge of computers"" hes on my ignore list I recommend you do the same I may be a asshole but at least I know what I am talking about<offtopic/>
back to the topic at hand 5Ghz might be asking a bit much of that cooler as other people have stated if you are dead set on 5Ghz then a water cooling kitt are gonna be in your shopping cart in the near future

System Name Halloween Boo!
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77-Up7
Cooling Custom Water/ Thermalchill TA 120.3/ Swiftech Apogeee XT/ MCP655/ Swiftech M icrores/ XSPC RX 240
Memory 16G G.Skill trident 2400MHz
Video Card(s) 3 x Radeon 7970
Storage OCZ Revo Drive 240G
Display(s) 24 inch Viewsonic
Case Phobia WayCoolIt Test Bench
Power Supply Nexus 1100 watt
I have no idea why you guys are arguing stability tests. Prime95 does the job. In some instances Prime95 will pass and linpack won't In some instances Linpack fails and Prime95 won't. There is NO test that is 100% accurate for stability. Prime95 WILL stress the NB harder than Linpack if you guys don't know at 2.5 hrs. Anyway, stability is in the eye of the beholder when overclocking. pass Prime95 3 hours and just about every system will be stable enough to through anything at it.

Onemoar and Aquinas your not by far the ultimate athority here. You both spread a lot of BS at times so you need to both keep your panties on. If you two would just french kiss you may be a nice couple! LOL

System Name Halloween Boo!
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77-Up7
Cooling Custom Water/ Thermalchill TA 120.3/ Swiftech Apogeee XT/ MCP655/ Swiftech M icrores/ XSPC RX 240
Memory 16G G.Skill trident 2400MHz
Video Card(s) 3 x Radeon 7970
Storage OCZ Revo Drive 240G
Display(s) 24 inch Viewsonic
Case Phobia WayCoolIt Test Bench
Power Supply Nexus 1100 watt

My apology, You aggravating.......

If you have to ask if 6 GHz was done on water, something is wrong here.

Here is a review I did for a site I used to review for. That Drdeath(Jim) guy is me.. LOL. I am sure you will ask for a photo ID.
The subzero results are on the review....

http://www.pureoverclock.com/Review-detail/asrock-fatal1ty-990fx-professional/12/

=P

Processor AMD FX-8350
EXACTLY
the FX chips have a WEAK FPU and prime wont tell you shit for stability on those chips at least someone here knows what they are talking about

I'm pretty new here and glad to have joined such as awesome community. Not here to start some flaming post but there is no excuse for blaming a fully functional piece of software which is world known as the go to stability test. If you are receiving errors with Prime95, the OC is unstable, it may never BSOD, it may run for a year without any issues and there may be no concern to change any settings for just Prime95 to work but Prime95 is a intense piece of software that has a simple rule run iterations of Lucas-Lehmer (Is this mersenne number prime or not), and to do one after another requires the previous one to be correct. If you receive an error, your hardware made a mistake, a miscalculation. I don't know about you guys but knowing my CPU made a math mistake is unacceptable even if it will never affect my daily computer use. Prime95 is one of the only few apps that give you true bullet proof CPU stability results.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
I'm pretty new here and glad to have joined such as awesome community. Not here to start some flaming post but there is no excuse for blaming a fully functional piece of software which is world known as the go to stability test. If you are receiving errors with Prime95, the OC is unstable, it may never BSOD, it may run for a year without any issues and there may be no concern to change any settings for just Prime95 to work but Prime95 is a intense piece of software that has a simple rule run iterations of Lucas-Lehmer (Is this mersenne number prime or not), and to do one after another requires the previous one to be correct. If you receive an error, your hardware made a mistake, a miscalculation. I don't know about you guys but knowing my CPU made a math mistake is unacceptable even if it will never affect my daily computer use. Prime95 is one of the only few apps that give you true bullet proof CPU stability results.

I have seen and owned plenty of machines that where 24H prime stable that still crashed in certain applications
Prime95 and ESPECIALLY on AMD's FX chips will not give you a accurate measurement of stability no 'stress test' will Simulated workloads will never give you a 100% reliable result all they will do is tell you if you got the settings in the right ballpark
saying that prime95 is the best way to tell if a machine is stable is like putting your car on a dyno and running it for 1000 miles and saying that you are absolutely 100% sure that it will be ok to drive it 5000 miles non stop and you are 100% sure it won't break down EVER

Anybody that says all you need todo to test a overclock is run some stability testing software has clearly not been doing it very long

Last edited:

jed

System Name REAPER
Processor AMD FX-8350 x8 @ 4.64 GHz (20x232, 1.4625v)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair Liquid H60. 2 front in, 1 side in, 1 rear out (H60), 1 top out.
Memory G.Skill Sniper 2x4 GB DDR3 1333 @ 1546
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7950 3GB @ 1095/1395
Storage Crucial M500 240 GB SSD and Western Digital Green 1TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Acer H223H 22.5"
Case Antec 300 Black Steel
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair CX-600 Watt 80 Bronze
Mouse Corsair Sabre RGB Optical
Keyboard Logitech G610 Mechanical
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores 3dMark 2011 - 8965 15210 3dMark06 (old system)
I've got a thread going here with my OC journey for this chip. Having issues going past 4.7 but that's a pretty good boost. Hope some of the info and pass/fail, etc. helps you in your quest as well.

Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
I believe you misunderstood the discussion regarding Prime 95 and FX chips. Even at default speeds,Prime 95 gives errors on FX chips, reason they have to update the software so it can properly recognize the new chips.

Anyhow, I think the Intel Burn Test is the best to measure stability.

=P

Processor AMD FX-8350
I believe you misunderstood the discussion regarding Prime 95 and FX chips. Even at default speeds,Prime 95 gives errors on FX chips, reason they have to update the software so it can properly recognize the new chips.

Anyhow, I think the Intel Burn Test is the best to measure stability.

Oh no I understand completely, I'm just in disagreement with that statement for I am running the same CPU and do not receive such errors with Prime95. I'm simply stating my opinion that If I do not see an instability with my FX-8350 and Prime95 then I would not say Prime95 is at fault. Yet again I could be completely wrong because I may just have a "golden chip". This would be a good topic to start up in a different thread, with some screenshots displaying stock voltages & frequencies with errors in Prime95.

But anyways in regards to the topic at hand I've gotten to 4.8GHz @ 1.45V but found it to be to hot to stress test with my air cooling. If your not to familiar with overclocking and are unsure about the correct voltages to use, some motherboards give you color coded warnings in the BIOS when you start increasing them to high, such as yellow (caution), red (dangerous). If these are available in your BIOS then stick with increasing the voltages into the low yellow ranges and only play around with the NB, CPU, and CPU-NB voltages while performing your trial and error increases of the CPU Multiplier and/or Bus Speed. Everytime you perform a stress test always keep some sort of temperature monitoring software open such as AIDA64 and watch for any drastic changes to the temperatures such as over 10c on the motherboard and keeping the CPU under 60c is a good idea.

Retsetan78

the FX chips

I may not have the FX 8350, but i have the FX 6100 6 core and i was able to overclock it to 4.7 with 6 cores and to 4.9 stable with disabling 2 cores, right now seeing its summer i clocked it down seeing when i live does not have AC. so its runnin at 4540ghz and avg temp is about 106f with a load

my system is the

MoBo MSI 970A-G46

Mem Kingston HyperX Beast 2133 8gigs

CPU AMD FX 6100

Video- XFX 7950 Black Edition double D

cooling Antec 620

Case Xclio Windtunnle modded put two 120mm fans in the top suckin out later going to cut more and put two 140's in it

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
my advice... get a sempron/ unlocked athlon and learn overclocking on it. then move to the fx 8350. :p

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X AX
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
Benchmark Scores d1nky@hwbot.org
that motherboard is barely adequate for overclocking
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...D79Joo7tdE9xMUFlMEVWeFhuckJEVF9aMmtpUFE&gid=0

if i were you id focus on keeping that 4.6ghz and tweaking cpunb/HT and tightening ram timings.

a higher cpunb than stock will aid in overall performance.

and i wouldnt disbable cores, means they got to do more work = more heat.

aim for that upmost stability and tweak from there.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
I think someone didn't look at how old the thread was. It's 5 months old. I recommend letting the thread die in peace instead of necro'ing it.

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
I think someone didn't look at how old the thread was. It's 5 months old. I recommend letting the thread die in peace instead of necro'ing it.

i think this was moved here or posted here today

I may not have the FX 8350, but i have the FX 6100 6 core and i was able to overclock it to 4.7 with 6 cores and to 4.9 stable with disabling 2 cores, right now seeing its summer i clocked it down seeing when i live does not have AC. so its runnin at 4540ghz and avg temp is about 106f with a load

my system is the

MoBo MSI 970A-G46

Mem Kingston HyperX Beast 2133 8gigs

CPU AMD FX 6100

Video- XFX 7950 Black Edition double D

cooling Antec 620

Case Xclio Windtunnle modded put two 120mm fans in the top suckin out later going to cut more and put two 140's in it

Pipson

CPU: FX-8350 4.0ghz Overclocked to 4.5ghz
Motherboard: M5A99X EVO R2.0
GPU: VTX3D 7870 LE Black Edition
RAM: 16GB 4x4 Kingston DDR3 Dual Channel 1600mhz
Cooling: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling system w/ 120mm Radiator ad 6 120mm fans

So ive got it set up at 4.5ghz, ive tested it with:
Cinebench: CPU 7.73 OpenGL 77.23
3DMark11 Basic Edition: 7609
Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 Score: 1341

Here are all my bios settings and few other screenshots: http://s129.photobucket.com/user/PipsonFM/slideshow/Overclock%204500

Can someone please have a look at my settings and tell me what to change to improve it? Sometimes i do get very high Temps when doing a stress test, overall i just want an expert to anazyle what i have done and tell me where i could change to improve it as this is my 1st attempt at over clocking it, also my aim is to get to 4.8ghz any advice on that id appreciate it too!

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
heres a good read if ya havent already.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...=ggvMtAboH-0tMMRVdcedYA&bvm=bv.48572450,d.bGE

theres a couple of guys in this thread that have the same board that could help

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153443&page=68

im not familiar with that uefi bios. but LLC for cpu could be high not very high. depending on vdroop. disable spread sprectrum. set cpunb voltage to 1.25v or up to 1.3v

prime95 is a good stability test, i find intel burn test creates more heat than prime.

everything else seems ok but check that thread link i posted and ask again.

System Name Selene / Yoda
Processor Fx 8350 @ 4.4 / Phenom II x6 1090t @ 3.6
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 r4.0 / Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Cooling H100i / Xig Dark Knight
Memory 4x 8gb G.Skill Snipers / 4x 4gb G.Skill Ares
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9 290x / XfX DD & VisionTek HD6850's C'fired
Storage 256gb ssd, 2x 2tb Wd Blacks & 1x 1tb Wd black / 1x 1tb
Display(s) Dell Ultra Sharp 2408 WFp / Hp w2207
Case Raidmax Vampire / Chieftec Alum. Dragon Blue
Audio Device(s) Onboard Hd Audio / Onboard Hd Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX 850 watt / Corsair TX 750 watt
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Win 10 pro / Win Vista Home prem. 64 bit
Benchmark Scores What are benchmarks anyway?

kenshin6104

hello everybody im a newbie to the forums and this topic really touched me if this person wants to get 5.0ghz on air its very possible.

I also have an fx-8350 im running it on a 990fXA_UD3 Gigabyte mobo. How i achieved 5.0ghz with my 8350 is that i went to bios dropped 4 cores henchforth turning it into a quadcore. Next i went to cpu settings tab in bios and set the multiplier to 24 that 4.90ghz from stock multiplier which is 4.00ghz. Next i went to the FSB which is 200 by default i changed my fsb to 206 which puts me at 5.00ghz. leave HT and northbrige at their defaults. Next go to your voltage settings and change your vcore 1.46 and no higher and set your LLC to medium. and leave the rest of the voltage settings to default. Doing it this way i was able to get my 8350 to 5.00ghz at a safe voltage. my idle temps are 24c and dont go no higher than 42c on full load. right now i'm running my 8350 at 5.12ghz currently. Even on four cores its significantly faster.

Now trying to overclock this chip on 8 threads to 5.00ghz is going to require alot of VCORE where talkin 1.52 vcore or better and your temps fly thru the roof. hope this helps with your overclocking.

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
I know some people that drop their 8 cores to 6 for stress testing as it requires less volts etc.

to me and probably many others this is a false economy, 8 cores require individual amounts of power, it will probably crash with 8 cores 5ghz @ 1.46v.

also that motherboard has had many complaints about withstanding power delivery.

my advice is to start from scratch, use all 8 cores, make sure the cpu is cooled enough (sub 62*c) and overclock gently!

also ive been told that AMD have been stockpiling 5ghz capable vishera chips for some time, so that the weaker chips are sold as 8350s etc.

I agree 100%.
Slow and steady increases in OC will eventually get your max OC with low voltage from my experience. Sort of like breaking down the CPU in a gentle way.

kenshin6104

also ive been testing and benchmarking the fx-8350 on 5022.67mhz according to cpuz which is 5ghz and some change on crysis 3 and other intensives games as well no BSOD's and no freezes and temps go no higher than 40 degrees celcius. Even today no application uses all eight core's so why not take advantage of the headroom that your bios have to offer.:)

a side note being that my mobo is a C3 revision of the 990FXA-UD3 even on eight cores my cpu will never stabilize at 5ghz in less i have some serious cooling. to make a long story short by going this route i can make my 8350 run pare to pare with an i7.
and by doing it this way the 8350 has to adjust its voltage so it uses lesser voltage vs eight cores henchforth the TDP will be lower. trust me the 8350 has a lot of potential.

Last edited: