• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Overheating Sapphire X800XT PCI-E ???

Pihrana

Hey Guys.

Euhm i have a few issues. This morning for the first time EVER ive actually started getting Artifacts in game. The Card is clocked at its DEFAULT settings of 500Mhz for both Core and Memory, yet i couldnt understand why i was getting them all of a sudden. For a start its Winter so the ambient temperature is a few Degs lower, and it didnt do this in the summer time when i couldnt control the Ambient !!

I dropped into windows to check my GPU temps and to my amazement found it was running at 74Degs C (around 165 Deg F) !!!

Now since ive never checked it before i dont know if this is high or normal, but since my O/C'ed Athlon doesnt break 40 Degs C in anything i throw at it i think i have some cause for concern !!

So guys, what should i expect from an X800XT GFX card after 2 hours playing BF2? IN addition, ive checked the HSF Assembly and taken it clean off. Ive cleaned up the core and HSF and applied a nice fresh coat of Artic Alumina Thermal paste and although my temps have come down a few Degs were still talking above 70 Degrees C in a LOAD situation !!

Comments please. Is my Card about to die?