• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

P5N32-e SLI booting to Failure, system

Friendlymonsta

Hey, I am having an error with my new P5N32-E Sli 680i. When i turned on the PC for the first time it booted to new CPU installed go to BIOS. When i did that i was able to go to BIOS for 2 minutes then the screen went crazy. It rebooted itself and show grapichal errors all over the screen and then comes to a spot that shows an error that is missing some charcters: (D I _ _) ( _ _ _ T) ( _ A I L U _ E,) (I _ _ E _ T) ( _ Y _ TEM) and goes no fathure. I have removed all devices but Mobo, CPU, memory, and GPU. The GPU is a ASUS EN8600GT GeForce 8600GT 512MB. I am thinking that it is a PSU issue, but can not find any info on this issue any were. Any ideas??

Namslas90

Reset the CMOS according to your user manual instructions and try reboot. If is does the same, try the clear CMOS method in the troubleshooting section. If it still does the same, Try using only one stick of Ram then the Other (if 2). If no change then RMA mobo.

:toast:

Friendlymonsta

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. I have it down to one memory stick right now, but have not tried to reset the CMOS that was going to be my next step when i get home from work.

Graogrim

System Name Paradigm
Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43
Cooling OEM
Memory 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 2133
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2 GB
Storage 128 MB Corsair M4 SSD + 1 TB WD Caviar Black
Display(s) Samsung 24"
Case Rosewill Challenger USB 3
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply Corsair GS 800
Software Windows 7 64 bit
Also, before you RMA the motherboard, check your CPU cooling. If the system has been off for a while and has gotten completely cold, you might get another window of opportunity where it works properly for a brief period. If you do, see if you can monitor the CPU's temperature from the BIOS. If it keeps going up up up until poof then you have a smoking gun.

Ahem. Not that you should see smoke. That would be bad.

Friendlymonsta

Tried that too

I have tried that step after i woke up to day. I first had this issue this morning and when i got up i thought the same thing and it boot right to the same issue. I have also tried 2 PSUs, only thing is one was a Antec 430w with 20 pins (second one i tried), and a Cheap power supply that i got from a friend do to not having the right PSU for this board and wanted to test it. The cheap PSU is a 600w Single rail, and a 4 pin CPU power connecter instead of 8 pin. I am going to see if i can find a good PSU in town. Not many choces to choose from in ND.

PuMA

Processor lapped C2D e6850, 3600mhz
Motherboard ASUS P5N32-E SLI (680i SLI)
Cooling NOCTUA NH-U9, 3 2x120mm 1x180mm case fans
Memory 6GB A-DATA vitesta DDR2 900mhz (2x1gb + 2x2gb)
Video Card(s) LEASTEK GTX 260 (701/1408/1105)
Storage SAMSUNG F1 640GB SATAII/SEAGATE 250gb SATAII
Display(s) SAMSUNG 226BW 1680x1050 2ms
Case ANTEC three hundred
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX, SONY surround AMP
Power Supply XION 630W
Software VISTA ULTIMATE x64
Benchmark Scores 3dmark06:15126 (701/1408/1105) vantage: 11698
my mobo booted fine with this xion PSU wich has about 550W of constant power. it allso has only 4pin CPU power. Have u tried re-seating the cpu and see if some of the pins are bent??? sounds like the bios chip could be damaged tho...

allso try reseating the GFX

Friendlymonsta

Finally tested GPU

I barrowed a GPU from a guy at work (MSI 7900GTS 512MB). The computer now boots with this card. I installed that OS XP X64 and then tried to install my ASUS 8600GT 512MB and it still does the same thing. Wondering if there is a known issue with this card?

Graogrim

System Name Paradigm
Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43
Cooling OEM
Memory 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 2133
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2 GB
Storage 128 MB Corsair M4 SSD + 1 TB WD Caviar Black
Display(s) Samsung 24"
Case Rosewill Challenger USB 3
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply Corsair GS 800
Software Windows 7 64 bit
Oh so the video card is new as well? That definitely changes the diagnosis. It might seem painful but it's critical to spell out in fine detail all the little things like that when you're looking for help.

As to known issues, there aren't any showstoppers that I'm aware of. Sure, you'll see a fair number of people complaining about problems with their Nvidia/ATI video cards on various forums, but there's no reason to read too much into that--the vast majority of people who don't have any problems have no reason to post.

System Name StarCruiser Dark Knight v.2
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-3570K
Motherboard P8Z77-V LX
Cooling 1x custom W/C loop/ inflow:6x120 /outflow:4x120, 2x200
Memory Viper 3 Black Mamba (4x4GB)
Video Card(s) Powercolor LCS 5870
Storage 1X 128GB OCZ, 2 x 1.500 Gb Seagate
Display(s) Samsung 24" LC24F396
Case custom MDF case (I BUILT IT) check sig.....NOW
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Tagan 900 watt
Software Win 7 RC / Open office / Games
Oh so the video card is new as well? That definitely changes the diagnosis. It might seem painful but it's critical to spell out in fine detail all the little things like that when you're looking for help.

As to known issues, there aren't any showstoppers that I'm aware of. Sure, you'll see a fair number of people complaining about problems with their Nvidia/ATI video cards on various forums, but there's no reason to read too much into that--the vast majority of people who don't have any problems have no reason to post.

+1
BTW does your gfx require extra power?
try booting with "control key" pressed just in case the card was over overclocked...