1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Palit 9600GT Sonic 1GB Overclock - Broke 14K in 3DMark06

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by dadi_oh, Jun 11, 2008.

1. dadi_oh

dadi_oh New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    809 (0.24/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Almonte, Canada
    Finally got around to overclocking the memory on this thing. The VDO tool that shipped with the card would not OC the RAM. If I set it to even 1MHz beyond the default 950MHz memory clock it would instantly artiufact all over windows and lock up the machine.

So I fired up Riva Tuner V2.09 and overclocked the memory that way. The following are what I was able to achieve with no artifacting in ATI Tool.

740 MHz Core (default was 650) 14% OC
    1850 MHz Shaders (default was 1625) 14% OC
    2080 MHz Memory (default was 1900) 9% OC

I know this is a pre-overclocked card so wasn't expecting tp get huge OC out of it.

I am running on a Maze4 GPU water block and temps are hitting about 45C in a 28C room. Memory is cooled with Zalman memory heatsinks. I am surprised at how toasty this memory gets. Probably because they are back to back and heating each other through the board.

Tried a default run of 3DMark with settings in Nvidia tool on "Quality" since that's what I play on everyday. I guess I could get a little higher by tweaking things but I want to reflect my actual gaming enviuronment.

See screenshot below. Comments? Suggestions?

Attached Files: