• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Palit Revolution 700 Deluxe - HD 4870 X2 2048 MB

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Seeing it lag a couple times on benches where the original 4870X2 had it beat is a little misgiving....
great card and all but the price and the performance....eh, Im iffy.

System Name Ultrabeast GX2
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.0GHZ 24/7
Motherboard Gigabit P35-DS3L
Cooling Rosewill RX24, Dual Slot Vid, Fan control
Memory 2x1gb 1066mhz@850MHZ DDR2
Video Card(s) 9800GX2 @ 690/1040
Storage 750/250/250/200 all WD 7200
Display(s) 24" DCLCD 2ms 1200p
Case Apevia
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Digital on-board, 5.1 digital hooked up
Power Supply 700W RAIDMAXXX SLI
Software winXP Pro
Benchmark Scores 17749 3DM06
it's not just ram maybe, and I don't see Wiz doing that for no one........ Why would he in the first place?
ati card

Here is the palit card

yes, i believe there are probably architectural differences, and w1zzard belongs to no one.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
where do you get all this info from ????

:respect::respect::respect:

I'll put my money on the internet.:p Perhaps the outside chance of some printed publication.

Arkilae

TPU recommended?

This shit is for niche market only, it should only be "recommended" if your running around with 600$ in your pocket and you're either A) An idiot or B) A rich idiot.

This is company ass kissing.

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
TPU recommended?

This shit is for niche market only, it should only be "recommended" if your running around with 600$ in your pocket and you're either A) An idiot or B) A rich idiot.

:wtf: A) PALIT :rockout: B) if you had a job you could get it C) thats why theres credit cards :roll:

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
TPU recommended?

if you have the money and are looking for something in that performance class then i can recommend this card to you as one of the options you could choose from.

obviously this card is not for everyone, the same way an intel igp is not for gamers but still a great choice for everybody just doing office and internet browsing.

there is no product (in any category) that fits everyone

Arkilae

if you have the money and are looking for something in that performance class then i can recommend this card to you as one of the options you could choose from.

obviously this card is not for everyone, the same way an intel igp is not for gamers but still a great choice for everybody just doing office and internet browsing.

there is no product (in any category) that fits everyone

But you're recommending it why again? Oh to those looking for performance class cards that fit only a niche market. I have a completely difference sense as to how recommendations and reviews should go by, things should only be recommended when and only when "They meet and exceed expectations of that product". I mean come on even your dollars to performance chart is in ill favor of this card.

Now given the fact that in the review, the CONS both in number and severity outweigh any of the PROs, how the hell would a product still get a rating of 9/10 and be EDITOR'S CHOICE recommended? Telling me it's because it is only recommended to performance maniacs is simply not good enough to warrant someone blowing that amount of cash on the card or even allowing a TPU Recommended sticker on it.

To make my point clearer before I get warned again for bullshit, why on god's green earth would you put an editor's choice recommended sticker and a 9/10 rating on a card that in all actuality is an expensive paperweight, in cost, in performance, in consumption of power, and with the review of it saying the card has more cons then pros. It just seems to me that it is company ass kissing rather than a neutral review of a card. It also in my opinion brings down the weight with which the "TPU recommended or Editor's choice" sticker has an effect when seen at the end.

Last edited:

MKmods

Case Mod Guru
System Name Crossflow III
Processor AMD 965 (4.04Ghz)
Motherboard Asus Crosshair III
Cooling Air
Memory 4 gigs Mushkin 7-7-7-20@1T
Video Card(s) single 9800GT
Storage Raptor 150's in Raid0
Display(s) LG Flatron 24"
Case Custom
Audio Device(s) AuzenTech X-Raider W/OP637
Power Supply Custom modded Corsair 750HX
Software Win 7 64/Solaris Utility
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06--21963 so far
while I would love to be able to spend more than $500 on a GPU unfortunately I can not so I must live vicariously through these reviews..

However, for that much $$ its a shame the cooler is so poorly designed (especially since it takes up 3 slots) Seems that if they had that much space they could have made a much better cooler than the design could have trickled down to the other cards.

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
System Name Work in progress
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Memory Crucial2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-16000
Video Card(s) CrossfireX 2 X HD 4890 1GB OCed to 1000Mhz
Storage SSD 64GB
Display(s) Envision 24'' 1920x1200
Case Using the desk ATM
Audio Device(s) Sucky onboard for now :(
Power Supply 1000W TruePower Quattro
But you're recommending it why again? Oh to those looking for performance class cards that fit only a niche market. I have a completely difference sense as to how recommendations and reviews should go by, things should only be recommended when and only when "They meet and exceed expectations of that product". I mean come on even your dollars to performance chart is in ill favor of this card.

Now given the fact that in the review, the CONS both in number and severity outweigh any the PROs, how the hell would a product still get a rating of 9/10 and be EDITOR'S CHOICE recommended? Telling me it's because it is only recommended to performance maniacs is simply not good enough to warrant someone blowing that amount of cash on the card or even allowing a TPU Recommended sticker on it.

To make my point clearer before I get warned again for bullshit, why on god's green earth would you put an editor's choice recommended sticker and a 9/10 rating on a card that in all actuality is an expensive paperweight, in cost, in performance, in consumption of power, and with the review of it saying the card has more cons then pros. It just seems to me that it is company ass kissing rather than a neutral review of a card. It also in my opinion brings down the weight with which the "TPU recommended or Editor's choice" sticker has an effect when seen at the end.

It's rated by what market it is in, and not the whole market point of view.
To add it is also rated in all the markets

High class market it's a rated 9 card. For what you would get for around 500USD.

This is how I understand TechPowerUp!'s system on doing reviews on different products.

Arkilae

It's rated by what market it is in, and not the whole market point of view.
To add it is also rated in all the markets

High class market it's a rated 9 card. For what you would get for around 500USD.

This is how I understand TechPowerUp!'s system on doing reviews on different products.

Yeah? It's a high performance card with a low performance dollar ratio, how is that a good thing? It's a great thing if you have the money to blow, but when compared to other cards reviewed it is bollocks, that's why I'm scratching my head as to why it got an Editor's Choice, considering, that in my mind, that would be reserved for the cards that perform exceptionally well in all categories rather than a niche market filled with rich idiots. :laugh:

I give up anyway.

Last edited:

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Storage SSD 64GB
Case Using the desk ATM
If the card cost 500, and is supposed to be a high level card. Then it performed as a 9500GT would in games, and benching programs. Then the card would score a 1/10, because it would not be in the market they are calming it to be in.

Being rich would be the view point of the person buying the card. Some people would rather buy the top end, and have less problems with PC games. It could be more cost effective for those people options.

Last edited:

MKmods

Case Mod Guru
System Name Crossflow III
Processor AMD 965 (4.04Ghz)
Motherboard Asus Crosshair III
Cooling Air
Memory 4 gigs Mushkin 7-7-7-20@1T
Video Card(s) single 9800GT
Storage Raptor 150's in Raid0
Display(s) LG Flatron 24"
Case Custom
Audio Device(s) AuzenTech X-Raider W/OP637
Power Supply Custom modded Corsair 750HX
Software Win 7 64/Solaris Utility
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06--21963 so far
imagine comparing it to a 7900GTX (about the same cost before) seems like you get a lot more for your money with the 4870 X2..

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
The issue has been addressed please drop the subject and remain on topic!

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Storage SSD 64GB
Case Using the desk ATM
The issue has been addressed please drop the subject and remain on topic!

I know that this issue has been addressed before in the past. That's why I was explaining it for him; on how it was explained on how products are rated here to all of us.

This will be dropped by me, but at the same time I think we were on the topic at hand.

System Name Obelisc
Processor i7 3770k @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling H110
Memory 16GB(4x4) @ 2400 MHz 9-11-11-31
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti
Storage 850 EVO 1TB, 2x 5TB Toshiba
Case T81
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply EVGA 850 T2 80+ TITANIUM
Software Win10 64bit
You know they almost charged $1000 for the Ultra, wonder how he would have reacted to that review. Seems to me that it's normal pricing for the best of the best these days. Let us not forget the debut price of the 280 GTX, and the very large number of people who bought it at that price tag.

Review conclusions are done relative to what the card is supposed to be. This card is supposed to be the best card available, and for the most part it is. If it was attempting to be a budget midrange card, well that would have resulted in a very different review.

wookie666

high power consumption

The idle power is high because there's no proper 2D clock profile programmed. I agree, you can run two GTX 260 Core 216 cards for this amount of power.

I emailed Palit to ask them why the power consumption was soo high. The reply I got back was that TechPowerUp had been supplied with an engineering sample Revolution 700. The reason for the higher power consumption was because the PowerPlay feature was not optimized in the engineering sample. For the mass production unit, Palit have improved the BIOS setting to optimize the PowerPlay feature.

Hope that helps anyone who was considering to buy the card but was put off by the idle power consumption figures.