• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Pay it back (thanks NHKS and MoT).

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
So, in the spirit of giving, and the holidays (which are gone, and so is this game's Hayday), I've got two gift Borderlands GOTY on STEAM*. Now, this is NOT BL2!! Just the original, in GOTY edition, which gets you : Borderlands, Borderlands: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Borderlands: Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, and Borderlands: Claptrap's Robot Revolution.

So. Quick Giveaway, running until 6:00AM EST Sunday morning (which is when I get up, feed the dogs, take a leak, make the coffee, you know, the morning stuff) Jan 27, 2013. Basically, tomorrow morn. If anyone bothers to play along, I'll pass the two games via STEAM*.
Rules.

Can't already have the game (which probably knocks out 2/3 of the people here), must have been a member since Nov 1, 2012, OR 50 posts, OR 10 thanks (to you, not by you. That oughta cover active people).

In the spirit of MoT ...
manofthem said:
WCG/F@H: Active WCG & F@H members are exempt from post/thanked requirements

Post your favorite TPU member (sucking up will do no good, I don't count for crap around here) and why and...
RNG used by Ford's pickrandomline
So, I won't have any input anyways :)

So, have fun, anyone missing this game, here's a good time to snag it. Classic, good play, good bit of fun, and what can I say: IT'S FREE.

Good luck :)

*In case you missed it, this will require a STEAM ACCOUNT.

*edit
By the way, in the LIKELY event that everyone reading this already has it, if you DON'T meet the posting requirements, stick around. After Monday morning at 6:00 AM, I'll move the join requirements, and give them away to the first 2 posters who have joined before Jan 1. If there are any :). Other restrictions still apply. *cheers*

Last edited:
System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
WooHooo!!! Another chance at BL1 GOTY!!!

I entered Man's thread trying to win that but failed miserably. :(

My favorite member here is UncleWebb. If you dont know his name, surely you know his temperature monitoring software: RealTemp. I made a thread about it getting over a MILLION downloads here:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179200

Basically, I have a man crush on UncleWebb. His support thread is literally him responding to EVERY SINGLE post. And his replies are very genuine and never rude.
I've donated to his fund a couple times but sadly it's a drop in the bucket. I've shared his software across multiple websites and social websites but I dont think I've accounted for a fraction of the MILLION DOWNLOADS!!!!

Super edit: I have BL2 and the DLC. I played only a small amount of the original but didn't have time to really play through it. I've always wanted to play it, but games like Starcraft 2, GTA4, and Skyrim have eaten all my time.

IF I am given this, I hereby promise to play no less than 50 hours and fully enjoy this game. :) I've got a couple friends with it but I'd be willing to playthrough with the other winner too :) :D

NHKS

Hey! what do we have here?.. this is Great stuff from Ahhzz! :cool:
and that mention in the title. I feel honored! :eek:

Thanks for contributing/giving back to the community, man! appreciate it :respect:

we need moar entries people! come on, tell who you appreciate from this community a lot :D (favorite could be more than one member, right Ahhzz?)

anyways, have to say it again, great contribution and THANKS!

Ahhzz

Staff member
So, after a long and arduous process, I was able to pick two winn-.... err... One winner from amongst the myriad of contestants. Ok, fine. Mlee you win. :p ... complex process... hard time choosing... after long hours. blah. no fun.

Grats Mlee :) Get me a Steam ID, and I'll have your gift in the mailbox ASAP :)

Fallback Contest Rules
To anyone who stumbles across this page in the future, and needs a BL GOTY, You'll need at least one month of signup on the site, PLUS at least 15 posts or 5 thanks. (This outta keep the random people from stopping in, and signing up just for the free game. ) PM me with your request, and I'll get the last one to you, provided you meet the req's. (this is assuming noone comes in before Monday Morn, and meets the above requirements in the first post).

Any-who, this ends the highly successful contest (for Mlee anyway :) ) for the Borderlands GOTY. Many thanks again to NHKS and MoT for their giveaway that prompted me to throw these out there, as well as the many others here that have run contests in the past (those I've entered and not *cheers*). Have a great rest of the weekend!!

I know I'm way late to the party, but I've got to post a reply here.

TheMailman

Sounds bizarre, but hear me out.

A few months ago he was a raging ID. That little part of us that spews hate and seeks volatility at every corner. He sought out conflict, and always seemed to garner rage wherever his words came from.
For this, he was banned.
A short time later, he came back.
Now we've had good discussions. He's corrected my ignorance, without ever raising ire. Jokingly, I'd have to ask if they've switched his medications. Honestly, if that isn't what this forum is about I'll eat my lefts shoe. TheMailman did a 180 turn for the better, and showed how this forum is full of decent people. I respect so many people here, but seeing that small hate deep inside us quashed out by something better is beautiful.
I never thought I'd speak those words.

Thank you Ahhzz for hosting this.

Last edited:
System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
Woot!

Thanks for the loot Ahhzz!!!!! I cant wait to play, totally looking forward to it.

Perhaps I could pay it forward someday, amazing how this works. :toast:

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E
Cooling DeepCool Castle 360EX
Memory G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Pulse
Storage Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard G Skill KM570 MX Silver
Software Windows 10 Pro
I love to see the spirit of generosity proving to be contagious here, very awesome indeed.

:respect: :respect: :respect: to Ahhzz!!!! and congrats to the winner(s) :roll:

Ahhzz

Staff member
I know I'm way late to the party, but I've got to post a reply here.

TheMailman

Sounds bizarre, but hear me out.

A few months ago he was a raging ID. That little part of us that spews hate and seeks volatility at every corner. He sought out conflict, and always seemed to garner rage wherever his words came from.
For this, he was banned.
A short time later, he came back.
Now we've had good discussions. He's corrected my ignorance, without ever raising ire. Jokingly, I'd have to ask if they've switched his medications. Honestly, if that isn't what this forum is about I'll eat my lefts shoe. TheMailman did a 180 turn for the better, and showed how this forum is full of decent people. I respect so many people here, but seeing that small hate deep inside us quashed out by something better is beautiful.
I never thought I'd speak those words.

Thank you Ahhzz for hosting this.

I stand (or sit) in amazement at the comment :respect:.

So, does this mean you would like to have the last Borderlands key, Hassel? :toast:

System Name WorkStation
Processor Intel i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Cooling Corsair H110 Water Cooler AIO
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr III OC
Storage WD 1TB Sata III
Display(s) Samsung 22-inch LED 1080p
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek 898 HD
Power Supply Corsair CS750M Gold
Software Windows 8.1 Pro x64
I'm in.

I like Prima.Vera, because she says in her bio: "I am a GIRL".

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
Thanks for a great giveaway! I want to contribute, but don't want to enter because I have B:GOTY. :toast:
I have more than one favorite member here at TPU and this is not in order.. or is it?..lol
  1. Kreij - I can see his passion for coding.
  2. FordGT90Concept - We didn't hit if off at first, but after reading a lot of his threads it hit me, he's like me a perfectionist and a great coder... hehehe and after that it would be like fighting with myself.. lol
  3. BuckNasty - We share a lose and became friends exchanging our past loses.
  4. Mussels - Gave me my first and last infraction..lol but gave me some great advice with it.
  5. ChickenPatty - He's my captain! lol and buddy and he's not a girl..lol
  6. TheMailMan - He's my asshole! When I want to laugh I search for what he has replyed to lately..lol
  7. W1zzard - this is the ass kissing.. lol Naw, he's my Overlord tyrant! hehehe

There's more but the giveaway would be over before I was done.. lol

I think it's good to tell people why they are your friends or someone you look up too why you do. Life is to short, and you may not get the chance tomorrow. :toast: Cancer affects us all please come and join us crunching and folding! :toast:

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
As MW said, Thanks for a great giveaway! and I know that who ends up with it will love BL1 cause its a fantastic game!

I stand (or sit) in amazement at the comment :respect:.

So, does this mean you would like to have the last Borderlands key, Hassel? :toast:

If you'd be so kind, then yes.

As far as my point, I stand by it. Anywhere that can convert a "troll" into something respectable is amazing. The person who actually converted is no less amazing.

Edit:
I say this after logging of in the middle of a ragegasm more than once. It always seemed like my skin grew thinner whenever TheMailman entered a discussion.

Ahhzz

Staff member
Sounds good. Sorry to the 2 or 3 late-comers, it was a small and quick one, but the only two I had are now gone, gone, gone. Lilhasselhoffer, if you'd be so kind as to shoot me either an email address, or your Steam id (you'll have to confirm my add before it will let me send it that way, so email would be quicker, but it doesn't matter either way to me :) ), I'll get that Steam gift your way!!

Thanks so much to those who took the time to enter and "thumbs-up" a member, those who just gave the "thumbs-up", and those who just posted. Appreciate your time, both here and in the forums as a whole. Have a great time!!

I suppose I should end this with my "Thumbs-Up", even tho there are several here whom I will forget, more that I don't have experience with, and some who just go unsung.

For me, there's a pretty short list (about a dozen or so) of members here that get "short-listed". (see what I did there ? :twitch:) But, since I know I'd forget at least one, I'll not insult anyone by doing so, and skip straight to one. He's a moderator that usually seems to keep a clear head, not quick to stomp someone, just kinda pokes people and reminds them of the rules. And, about a year ago, he came to us with an issue, and shared.

My father passed away several years ago, and I spoke at his funeral. I couldn't do a true "Speaking" (see Meaning of the Term), not strong enough, and didn't have the time. But one thing I could say, is that you can tell the quality of the man, by the people around him. Stole it blatantly, but it said what I knew to be true. For this member, it meant a lot.

The out pouring here, should tell you a lot about him. He fought a truly hard struggle, and you can tell it was wearing on him, but thru it all, his attitude was not "Feel sorry for me", but "This is what I am going thru, the reality of it." And he was strong. And the responses to him, and the support for him, not sure if they speak more for the character of him, or the overall character of the responders... I think both... Anyway, for me, it's Kreij.

Thanks again everyone, and hope the two winners enjoy their game. Have a great week!!