• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PC bought on eBay not working no lights nothing.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Thats wrong that picture was the sellers ,i never got any lights or anything i got sweet FA every time i tried with the basic trouble shooting . :(
I'll bet the PSU went phut so the seller decided to offload it as "working"...

Reactions: 64K
I'll bet the PSU went phut so the seller decided to offload it as "working"...
It could have been worjking when he sent it ,but as we all know something could just pack up ar any time more likely the PSU.It was over 15 years old.Ihad an amp that went wrong not long after the 12 month gurenttee ,i think they should had repaied it for free.it was 500 amp this was 18 years ago.As it was they said it would cost 150 o_Othe amp was electronic swiching i think it was just a few cheap compance.I did pay 150 to get it fixed ,it was either that or dump it.I still have it now but there is something wrong with it.Here it is
This was there budget modal 500o_OIt is a very well made amp and a heavy beast built like a tank,The electronic switching sucks.:(I like the old school knobs.:)

1654343817886.png
lit

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
So have you gotten your ebay complaint finished?

So have you gotten your ebay complaint finished?
The seller got back to me with this message

Just wondered if we could try anything else before the return..? It just seems strange that it chose this moment to stop after working perfectly for 15 years - I built this pc for my brother and he's finally upgraded! What were you planning to use it for ? Maybe we could try and sort it over the phone. I would try a different IEC mains cable in case the fuse has blown...
This is my reply i was going to send to him before i clickd your message on here
I don,t see this would help as i don,t have a smartphone,i assume you think i have.If i did you would be able to look at it on the phone.
As regurds the Pc Working when you sent it.One day something can work the next day it can stip working .nothing lasts forever.
I read all the stuff about you building it for your brother 15 years ago.Windows 98.I like most people have lots of mains leads all work i tried a number of them with the same result sweet FA.​

But ebay have got it in motion.all i have to do is download the labals. The sellers not given up at the end of the day it is not going to work over the phone.Plus the fact i have started packing it.​

1)

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
The seller got back to me with this message

Just wondered if we could try anything else before the return..? It just seems strange that it chose this moment to stop after working perfectly for 15 years - I built this pc for my brother and he's finally upgraded! What were you planning to use it for ? Maybe we could try and sort it over the phone. I would try a different IEC mains cable in case the fuse has blown...
This is my reply i was going to send to him before i clickd your message on here
I don,t see this would help as i don,t have a smartphone,i assume you think i have.If i did you would be able to look at it on the phone.
As regurds the Pc Working when you sent it.One day something can work the next day it can stip working .nothing lasts forever.
I read all the stuff about you building it for your brother 15 years ago.Windows 98.I like most people have lots of mains leads all work i tried a number of them with the same result sweet FA.​

But ebay have got it in motion.all i have to do is download the labals. The sellers not given up at the end of the day it is not going to work over the phone.Plus the fact i have started packing it.​

1)

Good.

Funny my First Sound Blaster ZXR card was proven DOA because I bought it in 2014 and didn't assemble it right away (I was poor then) when I plugged it in it wasnt detected, so i plugged it in another system and same exact thing happened. I was outside Amazons Return policy time so I Opened a ticket with Creative Labs and they sent me a bnib card with the volume controls/cables lol.

Point being is you have to be fast and know what you are doing to troubleshoot. But as each day creeps by the less chance of getting it returned. So anything from ebay is a automatic return if it doesn't work first shot.

You need to contact ebay about the messages you are receiving from this asshat to ensure you get your money back. Also screenshot every message if the idiot decides to kill their account.

Ebay works like an insurance company but you must be active with them because the time window gets smaller. If the idiot claims they never received it, you need to keep track of it, i presume the return lable has a tracking means. If they refuse to give the money back or claims it was never received, Ebay will give your money back and they will go after them for it via law suit. But Keep Ebay in the loop.

This person was deceptive.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
it seems that you could at least try to work it out with him, can't you ask for a phone from family or friends? why are we imediately jumping to a scam. Anyway it's your right to return it.

Good.

Funny my First Sound Blaster ZXR card was proven DOA because I bought it in 2014 and didn't assemble it right away (I was poor then) when I plugged it in it wasnt detected, so i plugged it in another system and same exact thing happened. I was outside Amazons Return policy time so I Opened a ticket with Creative Labs and they sent me a bnib card with the volume controls/cables lol.

Point being is you have to be fast and know what you are doing to troubleshoot. But as each day creeps by the less chance of getting it returned. So anything from ebay is a automatic return if it doesn't work first shot.

You need to contact ebay about the messages you are receiving from this asshat to ensure you get your money back. Also screenshot every message if the idiot decides to kill their account.

This person was deceptive.
I thought it was easy to return something on Amazon .And from a lot of videos on utube they send back a piece of junk back and keep the new item, o_O they don,t check on there.I only know the basics ,but when it comes to putting a paper clip in a PSU that is another all togethero_OAnd putting a screwdriver on the power switch on the case.o_O
I Had not thought about that he has been on there since 2000 but only recently been selling i assume from his messages to me.The labals are ready to send it back,but can,t send it back tell monday anyway .I will make sure it is well taped ,i have plenty of tape.The gun is not that good it was the chepest one i could get.

Processor Raptor Lake 13700K
Motherboard Asus Z690
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz CAS16
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 4070 Ti
Display(s) Samsung C32HG70 - 32" 1440p
Case Silverstone GD-07B
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen - Sennheiser HD595
Well.....you've got a CPU with no thermal protection/throttling, known for having heatsink mounting difficulties (with the small exposed core and mounting clips) that just bounced around during shipping. The motherboard looks to be one of the lowest-end models available at the time, and it was manufactured during the peak years of the capacitor plague. Then you've got a powersupply that looks like a rebadged "Deer" (an absolute bottom-of-the-barrel brand, notorious for spontaneously exploding). Mix it all together and then add 20 years. I would've been more shocked if it actually worked.

I'll try to be constructive though: I would immediately pull the powersupply and toss it in the trash. Check each individual capacitor on the motherboard for leakage and bulging. Remove the HSF and check the CPU for scorch marks, then re-paste and (carefully) remount. Reset the BIOS. Consider using a discrete AGP graphics card. Test with a new/spare PSU. If that doesn't work, test with each RAM module individually.

Well.....you've got a CPU with no thermal protection/throttling, known for having heatsink mounting difficulties (with the small exposed core and mounting clips) that just bounced around during shipping. The motherboard looks to be one of the lowest-end models available at the time, and it was manufactured during the peak years of the capacitor plague. Then you've got a powersupply that looks like a rebadged "Deer" (an absolute bottom-of-the-barrel brand, notorious for spontaneously exploding). Mix it all together and then add 20 years. I would've been more shocked if it actually worked.

I'll try to be constructive though: I would immediately pull the powersupply and toss it in the trash. Check each individual capacitor on the motherboard for leakage and bulging. Remove the HSF and check the CPU for scorch marks, then re-paste and (carefully) remount. Reset the BIOS. Consider using a discrete AGP graphics card. Test with a new/spare PSU. If that doesn't work, test with each RAM module individually.
Thanks for your info on the PC. :)I have sent it back to the seller last week. I did not have a spare PSU well I do have a couple of but they are not 20 + 4. Since that time I found a PC that had been chucked out with the 20 + 4 PSU it works. I know it is only an HP one but it works, shame I did not find it last week. I tried talking each stick out and trying them one at a time and disconcerting the PSU and putting the cables back in. I would put odds on the PSU that had packed up. It was a crappy case too.:(

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Thanks for your info on the PC. :)I have sent it back to the seller last week. I did not have a spare PSU well I do have a couple of but they are not 20 + 4. Since that time I found a PC that had been chucked out with the 20 + 4 PSU it works. I know it is only an HP one but it works, shame I did not find it last week. I tried talking each stick out and trying them one at a time and disconcerting the PSU and putting the cables back in. I would put odds on the PSU that had packed up. It was a crappy case too.:(

So you got your money back though correct?

So you got your money back though correct?
Not yet, as the delivery person said there was no one in at the time. I thought it was taking time for me to get the refund as it usually comes within three days of the seller
getting it back. I only found out about this when I looked at the tracking number. I got in touch with the seller and asked why he had not rearranged for a delivery person to try again. Of course, he said he did not know anyone had tried to deliver it. It was a good job a checked otherwise it would have been sent back to me. I sent the tracking details to him, he got in touch with them to arrange for them to deliver it today. I dare say this happens all over where a delivery person says they tried to deliver something and don,t leave a card. This is why I use click and collect, and only get small items delivered to my address. I have just looked the seller has got it back, So I should get the refund next week. Thanks for asking about it. :)

Last edited: