• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PC Gaming Hardware Market to Hit $23.6 Billion in 2012 Says Jon Peddie Research

The recession is winding down and the Enthusiast and Performance class PC gamers (those who spend over $1000 on equipment) have spoken...with their wallets. With chips from AMD, Intel, and Nvidia, new machines from Alienware, HP, Lenovo and others, components and accessories from companies like ASUS, EVGA, Corsair, Logitech, and MadCatz, and new games in the pipe like Far Cry 3, BioShock Infinite, Crysis 3, ARMA 3, rFactor 2, and Interstellar Marines, the financial engine of the world's most elite gaming platform is fully fueled and will drive the global market to $32 billion by 2015.

This time the hardware suppliers will be ready for them with new machines, Ultra HD and 120 HZ stereo3D capable displays, new super power supplies, sound systems, cases, cooling, high performance memory, SSDs, keyboards, mice, the list goes on and on.

The MMO worlds like EVE and WOW will eat every bit of performance the gamers can bring to them. There's going to be hell to pay and play in the gaming community this summer and going forward.

Average selling prices for some components could suffer as competition heats up in 2013, but unit shipments will continue to rise, and components like SSD's are counterbalancing and buoying system integrated and DIY ASPs.

Ted Pollak, Senior Gaming Analyst said "We are witnessing the market morph and grow into different areas. This has always been a strong point of PC gaming; the ability to adapt to different entertainment environments and requirements. The hobbyist aspect of the DIY market is driving billions in component sales and small form factor rigs are being hooked up to HDTVs, essentially being used as 'super consoles.'"

A Global Phenomenon

In its 33 country analysis of the gamer market, JPR has found very strong demand in the BRIC countries for systems, accessories, and upgrades approaching $4.7 billion in 2012 and growing to $7.7 billion by 2015.

China's internet café's are driving incredible demand for Mainstream and some Performance class gaming equipment. However, the market for individually owned Performance and Enthusiast class equipment has become serious business there as well, with a very strong trend for custom and DIY builds. Russians love PC gaming and Brazil and India are just getting started.

Jon Peddie, President of JPR, notes that S3D has huge potential but that it must be standardized to really take hold with consumers. Peddie also notes that PC gaming use of Microsoft Kinect is still in its infancy but combined with the creative passion of PC developers and modders, it could find interesting application in the coming years.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
there wont be shit if devs keep rolling the PC market with bad console ports. games push people to upgrade, and without that then theres not much point. why would the average consumer need tri-sli GTX590s or tri-fire 7990's to run games like CoD?

Its not going to work without there being an incentive/reason to upgrade.

::EDIT::

Unless all the hardcore gamers/enthusiasts turned into benchers with the soul purpose of having the most expensive rig that money can buy and using it for nothing more then bench runs then that would be depressing.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
Lies! PC Gaming is dead!

System Name HAL
Processor Core i9 13900k @5.8-6.1
Motherboard Z790 Arous master
Cooling EKWB Quantum Velocity V2 & (2) 360 Corsair XR7 Rads push/pull
Memory 2x 32GB (64GB) Gskill trident 6000 CL30 @28 1T
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gigagbyte gaming OC @ +200/1300
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) 65" LG OLED 120HZ
Case Lian Li dyanmic Evo11 with distro plate
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350
Software Microsoft Windows 11 x64
Lies! PC Gaming is dead!

Lol I went from concole, to pc and I had no clue barely, even how to use a pc, when I did it. I cannot be happier I did it..
Shake those chains loose, that the console makers, put you in.. Come to the force.. The dark side has you, young padowan..

System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
"Interstellar Marines?" Wha? Don't they mean Colonial Marines?

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
The recession is winding down... LOL. Perhaps if you're watching the TeeVee of propaganda. I didn't know increasingly massive debt (for europe and US) and fake GDP growth (all that wasted borrowed/tax money in the US) was ending the recession.

I would like facts when I read online. Not the same bullshit I can see in newspapers.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
The recession is winding down... LOL. Perhaps if you're watching the TeeVee of propaganda. I didn't know increasingly massive debt (for europe and US) and fake GDP growth (all that wasted borrowed/tax money in the US) was ending the recession.

I would like facts when I read online. Not the same bullshit I can see in newspapers.

Ya No Kidding I see right through the leader of the US right now, he is a jackass through and through

jeffz6

Im seeing some really good stuff comming Russia etc, the likes of Arma series and many others are outstanding.

I love upgrading, its a hobby. But that should be driven by innzvative pushes of graphics etc, not poor coding forcing you to buy better hardware to run it.