• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PC keeps crashing on a fixed colour screen

Processor i-9600k 3.7ghz, base clock
Motherboard MSI H310M PRO-VD
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8) DDR4 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) 1 x RADEON RX 570 8GB
My PC keeps crashing on a fixed colour screen, even when just browsing the internet. I've noticed that if I go idle for a few minutes then it crashes on a white screen, and if I turn the power off and then boot the PC, sometimes it loads to the login screen but then crashes and flashes colours continuously. The interval for these crashes can range from a minute after booting to several hours. The GPU usage also continuously spikes to 100% usage every so often. I've tried restoring my PC to a previous update, checked the CPU and GPU temperatures and installed Malwarebytes to check for any viruses, but it is still happening. Can anyone help?

System Name Potentially Epic
Processor Intel Core i5 7500
Motherboard MSI H110M Pro-VD
Cooling Deepcool Alta 7 (CPU) | 2x 120mm RGB Case Fans (Rear and Front)
Memory Hynix 16GB (2x8) 2400Mhz CL13
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5
Storage Crucial BX500 120GB; Seagate Barracuda 1TB+2TB; Dell 1TB Ext. HDD
Display(s) HP 22es
Case Ant Esports ICE-211TG
Audio Device(s) F&D A110 2.1 Stereo Speakers
Power Supply Circle 500 Watts APFC
Mouse Redragon M609
Keyboard TVS Gold Mechanical Keyboard (MX Blue, PS/2)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (v1909)
Benchmark Scores 1457 for CPU in Cinebench R20
might be a ram stability issues, i had same issue even with effectively same as stock speed timings with xmp then i set manual voltage and after that even with much tighter timings it has been pretty stable so far
It could be a gpu issue too by the looks of it as i had something similar with my hd 6850 back in the day, maybe test it on the igpu first and then try tinkering with ram if it doesn't work?

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Microsoft Wireless 5000
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Did this problem just start?

Is this the system you have "partially" listed in your system specs? What PSU?

You said you checked the temps, but you didn't tell us what they were. So we have no way of telling if they are acceptable or not. Is the case interior clean of heat-trapping dust? All fans spinning?

You also said it crashes on a "fixed" color, then say it "flashes" colors.

Are your cables are securely connected? Don't forget to check those on the back of the monitor too.

If the interior is clean and cool and the cables securre, since everything inside the computer case depends on good, clean, stable power, I would start by swapping in a known good, spare PSU. If you have to, borrow one from a trusting friend or relative. This needs to be done before buying anything else.