• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PC power light keeps blinking (no beep sound) (no signal on monitor) !!

what_am_i_gonna_do

hi, hope experts here can help me.......my SSD has info (tabs from Chrome's Session Buddy) that's important to me......so the situation was like this......

after my old desktop was shut off for the night........i tried to power it on next day, the power light came on for a few seconds (after the beep) then went out..........same thing happen after several more tries......i swapped the SSD's SATA cable and connected DVD-ROM's power cable to the SSD and still the same thing........

========================================================

this is what i did last night...........

1) i replaced the CMOS battery.......the power light keep blinking (no beep sound)......LCD monitor says ''no signal''........

2) the CPU fan spins......i connected the original HDD and it spins...........i swapped SATA cables + SATA ports + power cables......still the same

3) i swapped the RAM sticks.......also, tried to use just 1 stick...............the power light keep blinking (no beep sound)......LCD monitor says ''no signal''

so what could be the problem ?......i merely need to get my Session Buddy saved tabs out of the SSD.............MANY THANKS !

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Remove everything from case and put on non conductive surface, swap power supplies, start with just the motherboard, cpu, vga, ram, keyboard, nothing else attached.

what_am_i_gonna_do

Remove everything from case and put on non conductive surface, swap power supplies, start with just the motherboard, cpu, vga, ram, keyboard, nothing else attached.

many thanks for the reply and info.......

however i don't have a spare PSU.........you mean i should try to power up the PC without the hard drive ??........

Can be a gpu issue, I’ve had this issue with an old q6600 and nvidia 8500gt 9500gt ? can’t remember and it kept happening, turns out that windows 10 was updating the gpu driver with the wrong ones .

it’s difficult to help without knowing more , maybe you’re running old hardware ? How about you share the system specs that would be nice.

System Name KHR-1
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASRock B550 PG Velocita (UEFI-BIOS P3.40)
Memory 32 GB G.Skill RipJawsV F4-3200C16D-32GVR
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT
Storage Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF OLED-ASRock PG27Q15R2A (backup)
Case Corsair 275R
Audio Device(s) Technics SA-EX140 receiver with Polk VT60 speakers
Power Supply eVGA Supernova G3 750W
Mouse Logitech G Pro (Hero)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
I suspect it's in standby and not coming out of standby! I wonder if it's a problem with "fast boot" again.

I had a problem with "fast boot" causing me to get nicked with a "Critical" level error for not shutting down properly on a fresh 190x installation back in January, 2020, IIRC.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
many thanks for the reply and info.......

however i don't have a spare PSU.........you mean i should try to power up the PC without the hard drive ??........

Pull psu out as well, my message was clear

what_am_i_gonna_do

Can be a gpu issue, I’ve had this issue with an old q6600 and nvidia 8500gt 9500gt ? can’t remember and it kept happening, turns out that windows 10 was updating the gpu driver with the wrong ones .

it’s difficult to help without knowing more , maybe you’re running old hardware ? How about you share the system specs that would be nice.

i don't have a graphic card........the Acer PC was 10-yrs-old.............:D

i'm just trying to boot up then try to get my Chrome Session Buddy data from the SSD.........

I suspect it's in standby and not coming out of standby! I wonder if it's a problem with "fast boot" again.

I had a problem with "fast boot" causing me to get nicked with a "Critical" level error for not shutting down properly on a fresh 190x installation back in January, 2020, IIRC.

but PC wasn't put into Sleep.......it was turned on and can't boot up......power light just keep blinking (with no beep sound):cry:

Pull psu out as well, my message was clear

but i don't have a 2nd PSU to test............or are you suggesting i pull out all the power cables and then reconnect them ?:confused:

System Name Back in Black
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-224-XT Black
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8) 3000mhz C15
Video Card(s) Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 TI Advanced Edition
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB / Solidigm P41 Plus 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 32" TV 1080p
Case Montech Air X Black
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750W Gold
Mouse Redragon M711 Cobra
Keyboard Corsair K55

i'm just trying to boot up then try to get my Chrome Session Buddy data from the SSD.........

but PC wasn't put into Sleep.......it was turned on and can't boot up......power light just keep blinking (with no beep sound):cry:

but i don't have a 2nd PSU to test............or are you suggesting i pull out all the power cables and then reconnect them ?:confused:
@eidairaman1 is asking you to take everything out of the case, including the power supply. Put the motherboard on a non conductive surface (example: the mobo box), connect power to the CPU, put the RAM sticks in and connect only the keyboard (no mouse). The PSU can lay on the floor (as long as it's not carpet) or on top of another box.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD

Test the system without the case.

what_am_i_gonna_do

@eidairaman1 is asking you to take everything out of the case, including the power supply. Put the motherboard on a non conductive surface (example: the mobo box), connect power to the CPU, put the RAM sticks in and connect only the keyboard (no mouse). The PSU can lay on the floor (as long as it's not carpet) or on top of another box.

Test the system without the case.

ok......but how am i going to power on when the ''power button'' is part of the case ?:confused:

also, becoz it's one of those SSF type of pc......the AC inlet is attached to the case.........:(

System Name Back in Black
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-224-XT Black
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8) 3000mhz C15
Video Card(s) Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 TI Advanced Edition
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB / Solidigm P41 Plus 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 32" TV 1080p
Case Montech Air X Black
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750W Gold
Mouse Redragon M711 Cobra
Keyboard Corsair K55
ok......but how am i going to power on when the ''power button'' is part of the case ?:confused:
You can use a screwdriver to pin the JFP connector on your motherboard, which is where you plug in the front panel "power button".

For your safety and reference:

also, becoz it's one of those SSF type of pc......the AC inlet is attached to the case.........
If it's not soldered, you can take out the PSU and it should have a power cord to plug in after the PSU is out.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD

also, becoz it's one of those SSF type of pc......the AC inlet is attached to the case.........:(
Remove the power button or short pins together, read your mobo manual or take it to a shop.