• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PC version of Batman Arkham City Delayed till November.

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
It is bad practice to assume that what someone is using right now is what they always use and favor.

I agree, but look at the odds. when it's stacked 4-0 you start to see a pattern whether good practice or not, it's human nature. truthfully i'd think you a little too restrained if you wouldn't at least consider the same conclusion.

and i do still think it's safe to assume you favor nvidia. you can say "i don't" , but your actions, your words, your sig and your specs, everything speaks to the opposite of that statement. i am not saying you are lying, but simply with that much in one direction, it takes more than "i'm not" to turn it around... for me at least.

it is human nature to have bias, to suggest that you are above that is something i am hesitant to believe. i like and prefer AMD. however my main rig is an i7 920, and my next will likely be intel as well. I also bought my 5850s before fermi was out. I buy by price and performance, but i still recognize my bias. i think that is important.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I agree, but look at the odds. when it's stacked 4-0 you start to see a pattern whether good practice or not, it's human nature. truthfully i'd think you a little too restrained if you wouldn't at least consider the same conclusion.

and i do still think it's safe to assume you favor nvidia. you can say "i don't" , but your actions, your words, your sig and your specs, everything speaks to the opposite of that statement. i am not saying you are lying, but simply with that much in one direction, it takes more than "i'm not" to turn it around... for me at least.

it is human nature to have bias, to suggest that you are above that is something i am hesitant to believe. i like and prefer AMD. however my main rig is an i7 920, and my next will likely be intel as well. I also bought my 5850s before fermi was out. I buy by price and performance, but i still recognize my bias. i think that is important.

The only bias I have is price. Just because you favor one over the other doesn't mean everyone else does as well. If I could have gotten some HD5870s for $99 I would have those right now instead, but I couldn't, so nVidia cards it is. I still buy almost exclusively AMD for middle to low end rigs, like most of my rigs in the shop, because they are cheaper.

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1

it is human nature to have bias, to suggest that you are above that is something i am hesitant to believe. i like and prefer AMD. however my main rig is an i7 920, and my next will likely be intel as well. I also bought my 5850s before fermi was out. I buy buy price and performance, but i still recognize my bias. i think that is important.

I personally don't have a bias towards any company, i don't believe in human nature either.

I think you're making the assumption that the bias exists based the hardware people have, but just because you run certain parts or what you say doesn't mean you prefer that company only. My system is all AMD, but it has nothing to do with liking them as a company, i just buy whats within my price range at the time and gives me the performance i need. On here im usually always forced to defend Nvidia actually because people usually make false and over-dramatic claims about the company. Doesn't mean i prefer the companies products though.

It's possible to not have a bias towards anything.

Last edited:

InnocentCriminal

Resident Grammar Amender
System Name BeeR 6
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K*
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene (1155/Z77)
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Samsung Green 1600MHz DDR3**
Video Card(s) 4GB MSI Gaming X RX480
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung C27F591FDU
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
Software 64bit Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores *@ 4.6GHz **@ 2133MHz
I'm bias, but it doesn't stop me buying the best hardware I can get for what I can afford.

Fuck PhysX give me bloody Batman already.

Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
The only bias I have is price. Just because you favor one over the other doesn't mean everyone else does as well.
everyone has bias, the fact that you can't even admit there may possibly be one is what i question. that's all i question. you just try to turn it around every time without (it seems) even considering the idea.

a bias does not necessarily mean you prefer one company wholly over another. the fact that you use amds for low end rigs is a bias in favor of their price/performance at that level.
I personally don't have a bias towards any company, i don't believe in human nature either.
you do too. it may be minimal but it exists, see my example above. you can go ahead and not believe in human nature but it exists. there are common threads to the way everyone behaves. we are much more alike than we realize, with input(environment) being the real difference between us.

I think you're making the assumption that the bias exists based the hardware people have,
no, i'm not. i am saying that having 4 nvidia rigs in your profile and no amd DOES, EASILY lend itself to the assumption that you prefer nvidia. that may or may not be true but calling someone an ass for making that assumption is a bit ott.
It's possible to not have a bias towards anything.
i'm sorry, but it's not. it's a physical reality of our brain's wiring and chemistry.

paths are made, we are more likely to follow existing paths than to create new ones. this very definitely means that when we make a decision it creates a path and makes it easier to make that decision again, without us even noticing consciously. that's what bias is and that is a known fact of our brain chemistry. it is only possible to not have a bias if you have never heard or experienced anything to do with the subject ever in your entire life. and that's even harder than it sounds. if you have a previous bias for color, shape, material, company, sounds of names, etc - that plays into it.

your brain does much more than you ever notice, behind the scenes. these things can be explained by someone objective with the right information.

I'm bias, but it doesn't stop me buying the best hardware I can get for what I can afford.
exactly, thank you.

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
Cooling Corsair H70
you do too. it may be minimal but it exists, see my example above. you can go ahead and not believe in human nature but it exists. there are common threads to the way everyone behaves. we are much more alike than we realize, with input(environment) being the real difference between us.

no, i'm not. i am saying that having 4 nvidia rigs in your profile and no amd DOES, EASILY lend itself to the assumption that you prefer nvidia. that may or may not be true but calling someone an ass for making that assumption is a bit ott.

i'm sorry, but it's not. it's a physical reality of our brain's wiring and chemistry.

paths are made, we are more likely to follow existing paths than to create new ones. this very definitely means that when we make a decision it creates a path and makes it easier to make that decision again, without us even noticing consciously. that's what bias is and that is a known fact of our brain chemistry. it is only possible to not have a bias if you have never heard or experienced anything to do with the subject ever in your entire life. and that's even harder than it sounds. if you have a previous bias for color, shape, material, company, sounds of names, etc - that plays into it.

your brain does much more than you ever notice, behind the scenes. these things can be explained by someone objective with the right information.

Environment determines human traits such as thinking, feeling and reacting, cultures exists where having a bias is practically nonexistent. It's all learned and not a natural human trait, it's the same as greed. There is nothing natural about human behavior. By your definition of human bias we'd still be living in caves, because it's again making the assumption that once something is proven to work then humans stick with what has worked before, as human intelligence and tools has grown throughout history how can you say having a bias is human nature?,

If corporations didn't exist, humans would solely decide what works best that's not having a bias(as it would be based on environment again)

Also you should never assume just by looking at someones system, assumptions get you no where, if 6 women came walking out of your house, i could makes lots of assumptions. Doesn't mean their true.

This is all off topic though, more Batman talk!!!

Last edited:
Environment determines human traits such as thinking, feeling and reacting, cultures exists where having a bias is practically nonexistent. It's all learned and not a natural human trait, it's the same as greed.
what cultures are you talking about? learned is a subjective word. you can (hypothetically) grow up in the forest alone and still learn, it doesn't mean anybody taught you. you use learn like it is unnatural, and not part of human nature as well. i think that it is.

There is nothing natural about human behavior.
how is it anything but? i do not understand this statement.
By your definition of human bias we'd still be living in caves, because it's again making the assumption that once something is proven to work then humans stick with what has worked before, as human intelligence and tools has grown throughout history how can you say having a bias is human nature?,
no, that's not what i am saying at all, that's your interpretation which goes wholly beyond anything i've said or hinted to. i never once said it was impossible to move past bias, in fact i pointed out it is possible to recognize it in yourself and then make a decision that renders it irrelevant - but you have to recognize it first.

have you ever wondered why it took hundreds of thousands of years to get from caves to dirt huts, and then only thousands to get from huts to modern life? it's precisely because human nature exists that it took so long to get out of caves, and also because of it once we were social in huts we flourished quickly.

bias is part of human nature, so is progress. so is logic, and emotion. it's not that one precludes or excludes the other, they all exist within us to a certain extent - but there are things that are certainly common between the majority of humans:

we learn best in the first 20 years. it takes about the same time to reach the minimum level for emotional maturity. teens tend to be rebellious and dismissive, though the strength of family bonds overrides that in many cases. the list goes on. hormones, emotion, brain chemistry - there is more similar between us than there is different, and that lends itself to a "human nature" that creates common threads between us all.

Also you should never assume just by looking at someones system, assumptions get you no where, if 6 women came walking out of your house, i could makes lots of assumptions. Doesn't mean their true.
i know the argument. say you are in the woods and you see bear tracks, and hear a heavy growl - but see no bear. it is safe(r) to assume there is one nearby.

when you see 4 nvidia rigs and someone arguing for nvidia, it doesn't make you an ass for assuming they favor nvidia. that's all.

InnocentCriminal

Resident Grammar Amender
System Name BeeR 6
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K*
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene (1155/Z77)
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Samsung Green 1600MHz DDR3**
Video Card(s) 4GB MSI Gaming X RX480
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung C27F591FDU
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
Software 64bit Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores *@ 4.6GHz **@ 2133MHz
It's going BAT-SHIT crazy in here.

HURH HURH!

yeah i'm sorry. i'm obviously having a hard time explaining myself and so i'll bow out at that, i'm happy to continue the discussion in GN or PMs if you want...

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
Cooling Corsair H70

Correct, i never said learning can only occur through mean of teaching even self teaching isn't human nature. A boys who grows up around nothing but a forest learns what he does for survival in his own environment, boys growing up in Compton learn difference techniques for survival in their environment. None of that is natural, you're not born with an idea of what is right or wrong, the difference between a serial killer and a saint is environment, but we are taught that there are naturally people that do bad and naturally people that do good, yet you if change the environment, you change the person.

Emotions and logic is not human nature either, it's not natural for someone like a neo-nazi to hate other races, the brain is formed to fit that ideology. What is logic is purely dependent on environment, but there is nothing thats fixed within out brain that tells us to a certain way needs to be followed, that is again, determined by environment and the culture.

Anyways again, this is a thread for Batman, not human nature talk. If you make a thread in GN we can carry on there!:)

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
Cooling Corsair H70
The reviews have been awesome for this game, still haven't tried it yet though.:(

I didn't even finished Arkham Asylum yet.

You are the only person I have ever heard say that. I'm not a huge Batman fan and that game really impressed me. Especially comparing it to most other comic book games. But as a game in the Action Genre it held it's own.

I think I have yet to see you not complain about a game. You seem like a glass is completely empty kind of guy, I'm actually surprised to hear you say you like anything at all.
You know he's not the only one who feels like it was overrated. I like AA, don't get me wrong, but it seems to me people gush over this game a lot. And it can be criticized.

I'm probably going to get AC, particularly with the discount on steam for AA owners, but a lot of reviewers and people thought it was the end-all-be-all of gaming until AC came out. Some of whom wouldn't acknowledge criticisms of AA until rocksteady changed some of those things. (Fluidity of combat working well now, Also, with Batman being so movement 'capable' having more room to move around and [I haven't actually played it, this is all from reviews I'll obviously admit] what sounds like more roomy finales [which were way too cramped in AA])

System Name JIM LAHEY
Processor CORE I9 9900K
Motherboard ASROCK Z390 TAICHI
Cooling COUGAR HELOR 360 AIO
Memory 32GB TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 ULTRA
Storage SAMSUNG EVO 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG STRIX 4K UG27UQR
Case THERMALTAKE VIEW 37
Audio Device(s) STEELSERIES ARCTIS 7 WIRELESS
Power Supply EVGA SUPERNOVA G+ 1000
Mouse STEELSERIES RIVAL 600
Keyboard STEELSERIES APEX 7 TKL
Software WINDOWS 10 ENTERPRISE
Benchmark Scores WUT
Looks like it won't be coming out until november 22nd per steam. I have it preordered and it said november 15 a few days ago, So, it has been delayed again! yay for pc gamers!

Attachments

• 11232845.jpg
    11232845.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T v2
Cooling Noctua D-14
Memory OCZ Gold 1600
Video Card(s) Powercolor PCS+ 5870
Storage Samsung SpinPoint F3 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung LE-B530 37" TV
Case Lian Li PC-B25F
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 700w
Software Windows 7 64-bit
Looks like it won't be coming out until november 22nd per steam. I have it preordered and it said november 15 a few days ago, So, it has been delayed again! yay for pc gamers!

They need time to insert the Securom that everybody has been eagerly waiting for.

System Name JIM LAHEY
Processor CORE I9 9900K
Motherboard ASROCK Z390 TAICHI
Cooling COUGAR HELOR 360 AIO
Memory 32GB TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 ULTRA
Storage SAMSUNG EVO 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG STRIX 4K UG27UQR
Case THERMALTAKE VIEW 37
Audio Device(s) STEELSERIES ARCTIS 7 WIRELESS
Power Supply EVGA SUPERNOVA G+ 1000
Mouse STEELSERIES RIVAL 600
Keyboard STEELSERIES APEX 7 TKL
Software WINDOWS 10 ENTERPRISE
Benchmark Scores WUT
Looks like it is being released tonight at Midnight! now all I need to do is download it seeing that they didnt offer a pre install :cry:

JrRacinFan

Served 5k and counting ...
System Name Dual Build Streamer
Processor Ryzen 7900x3d : Ryzen 4600G
Motherboard AsRock B650E Steel Legend : Giga B450i Aorus
Cooling Custom Water 1x420 : Stock
Memory 32GB T-Force Deltas : 16GB Dominator Platinums
Video Card(s) PowerColor 7900 XTX Liquid Devil: iGPU
Storage 20+ TB
Display(s) Sammy 49" 5k Ultrawide
Case Custom White Painted Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2
Audio Device(s) Onboard : Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1200W P2
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite White
Keyboard Hyperx Origins 65
Software Windows 10
Might get it later, Zelda has been taking up alot of my free time (almost too much). :D