1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PC Wizard motherboard temp

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by hat, Jan 4, 2008.

1. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Is the motherboard temp reading in PC wizard the northbridge? I need to know cause my northbridge fan has been making some rattling noise and I want to just unplug it. It has a copper heatsink on it so it might run passively... not sure
    although PC wizard can't be fully trusted, it says my +12 rail is putting out 11.08v, and it says my CPU is running at 67c, both are impossible cause I got a Corsair 450vx, one of the best manufactures in the world, and if my cpu was really 67c I would have mad stability errors, and coretemp says 50c anyway :/

my motherboard:
    [​IMG]

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Well, since this is way way down on the bottom of the page.... bump

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Usually it measures the temp sensor on the motherboard, what mobo is that?

hat says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  4. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    DFI Lanparty UT 590 SLI
    speedfan freezes my computer...

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Dark_Webster

Thanks Received:
    You are not the only one... perhaps it has to be speedfan not liking nForce chipsets?
    Speedfan worked on my pc... for a while. Then EVERY that I opened it my pc stops responding. Reset FTW!!

About PC Wizard, yes it reads from the motherboard chip, but would be better to monitorize temperatures with Everest.:)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
    hat says thanks.
  6. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Will see what Everest ultimate says, I know Everest Home was reading my +12 rail as something like 10.8v, so it's not exactly trustworthy either

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. Dark_Webster

Thanks Received:
    Mesauring voltages by software isn't 100% accurate. You should get a multimeter for that thing.

But I think that everest can be the best determining CPU and Northbridge temps. I remembered another good program, but I can't find the name in my head.

hat says thanks.
  8. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Hm, Everest Ultimate reads my +12 correctly, 12.03v, actually better than it should be (that's under load!)

The only complaint I have with it is it ready my CPU temp 30C too high. It thinks CPU temp is core temp +15c, not -15c... my CPU seems to be a cool 40C under full load though using core temp -15c. It reads the cores correctly... heh

Anyways thanks, will try the passive northbridge now.

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. Dark_Webster

Thanks Received:
    Perhaps the northbridge will run passively but nForce chipsets are known by it's heat so do a stability test after that.:):)

hat says thanks.
  10. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    i dunno if I can trust everest with the temp though. It says 42c idle, 42c under load (F@H SMP), 41 under load with the window open (winter), and idle 40c (again, window open)

seem normal?

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. sorehammer New Member

Thanks Received:
    everest is wierd i have a quad core on cpu info it showed cores 1,2 and 4 at 2.8 and core 3 at 4.0.:eek:

12. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Nope. I think I can trust Everest Ultimate with everything except CPU temp though... I also got rid of a few progs Everest Ultimate already had a version of built in, cpuz was no longer needed, nor was coretemp...

Yeah I did an Orthos stability test and after a few minutes it got up to 55c, when I touched the heatsink... it was hot to the touch! Full load otherwise remained under 45c.

Never thought that fan would be so effective... although it's only like 40mm and moves <5 CFM of air, it cools the heatsink! I guess the heatsink was designed for it... its a good heatsink

oh well

10 Year Member at TPU