• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Petition] Crysis 3 PC Focus

System Name Loose nuts & bolts
Processor FX-8350 - EK Supreme HF full nickel
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
Cooling Water EK goodness all around 2xBlack Ice X-280
Memory 2 x8G HyperX Fury 1600 @ 9-9-9-24-1T
Video Card(s) 2 x XFX RX 480 w/EK-FC RX 480 nickel+Acetal
Storage Samsung 850 Evo + 2xWD Black 500GB in RAID0
Display(s) Crossover 27" 2560x1440 110Hz OC
Case Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Software Win 10 Enterprise x64
I dunno what makes you dumber.. thinking a petition means anything to a game company or planning on buying crysis 3

That was uncalled for :slap:

System Name Obelisc
Processor i7 3770k @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling H110
Memory 16GB(4x4) @ 2400 MHz 9-11-11-31
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti
Storage 850 EVO 1TB, 2x 5TB Toshiba
Case T81
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply EVGA 850 T2 80+ TITANIUM
Software Win10 64bit
Crytek is seriously out of touch with the the community, and frankly the world in general. All the issues crysis 2 had were foreseeable, I mean crysis 1 had half of them. The other half wouldn't have been an issue if they listened to the community. Interestingly they made a statement saying the community was important, then shut them out immediately. Their entire reason for going multiplatform was childish idiocy. They made crysis 1 pc only, made millions of sales, yet were still disappointed?!? Wtf. They wanted a Halo level hit on the pc, but for half the effort. Totally delusional. Now they've spent just as much if not more money going multiplatform to get worse sales total, totally screwing over the platform that gave them such nice sales previously. At every turn they demonstrated a lack of management skills, unfortunately just like the majority of companies making fistfuls of cash.

When you think about it, it seems like the only reason any company stays afloat with such poor management is poor buying decisions on the consumer end. We're stupid. We throw money around inefficiently allowing companies like crytek to operate inefficiently. Try making a anti-consumer idiocy petition. It'd probably be more effective; crytek won't even know your petition exists.

Talon_257

I dunno what makes you dumber.. thinking a petition means anything to a game company or planning on buying crysis 3

I generally don't believe in petitions but it was requested so I decided to make one and I guess I am putting half an effort into it now. :) Do I think it will have any effect on Crytek? No. However, the simple act of getting people under one idealized boat is good and will raise awareness of the Crynanigans going on. :)

Anti-consumer idiocy petition sounds great! :roll: :D

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator

No offense, ShiB, but that's a bit short sighted.
Almost every game developer does read and assess the gaming community's reaction to a product they produce. Unfortunately that is not always the case with the publishers.
The devs work long hours on henious schedules to meet the publishers insistance upon getting a game out in a certain time frame, and many times are not the ones who make the call as to whether a game is "polished" enough for release.
To say that looking forward to Crysis 3 is dumb, is to say that just because a dev/publishing team falters on one release that they cannot correct mistakes and improve efficiency, productivity and make the next release better.
I disagree with that. I'm not saying it WILL happen in the case of another Crysis game, but others have learned and improved.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
interesting article.

"We could not have created a game with the scope, scale, and multiplayer features of Crysis 2 if it were a PC-only title," Sousa tells us, before going on to address accusations that the company sold out its core fanbase.

"The PC market just does not support that cost of development, but going multi-platform does. If making a game that is bigger, better, more stable, performs better across a wider range of hardware, provides a continued visual benchmark for PC gaming, and more fun with a huge single-player and multiplayer offering is considered selling out, that seems like a really odd application of the phrase. The decision to go multi-platform has allowed us to bring a better game to everyone, which has been our goal all along."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-making-of-crysis-2

System Name WhiteWalker2020 / LAN Box
Processor Intel i7 6900K 4.4GHz / 2500K i5@4.5GHz
Motherboard MSI X99A Krait / Gigabyte Z68-UD3P
Cooling Full custom liquid / XIGMATEK HDT-Aegir
Memory G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000MHz/ 4x4GB G. Skill DDR1866 Sniper
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX1080Ti SC ACX 2.0, EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 2.0
Storage 950 Pro 512GB M.2, 960GB SanDisk Ultra II, Intel 730 480GB and 240GB, 850 EVO 250GB, 17TB Mechanical
Display(s) 39" AMH 399A (no glass) UHD , Wasabi Mango 42" UHD IPS, Samsung 55" 4K
Case Thermaltake Core x9 / HAF 932 Red
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD-Audio On-Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850W / Corsair 650TX
Mouse 2x Logitech 610
Keyboard Razer DeathStalker / Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 64bit Professional
Crytek is essentially out the door in the PC world for most high-end gamers. Every crysis 3 thread will hopefully end in people talking about Battlefield 3 because DICE stepped up to the plate and in 6-8 months is going to tear the roof off and give us what we deserve. I have no problem paying $60 for BF3 but crysis should be in the bargain bin at $29.99 a pop, they can take their "claimed" DX11 patch and shove it.

System Name Frankenstein v7
Processor Intel i7 2600K (@ stock)
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB DDR3 @ 1866MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 7870 WindForce 2GB
Storage Samsung F3 1TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung S24C750
Case Antec P280
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs X-Fi Elite Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro - 64-bit
"We could not have created a game with the scope, scale, and multiplayer features of Crysis 2 if it were a PC-only title,"

Now there's an oxymoron if ever there was one.
I can fully see how ensuring a game that can run on 5+ years old hardware gives you far more to work with, than the cutting-edge technology available on the PC platform :/

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
He's correct, Jack.
Scope : Runs cross platform
Scale : Runs on console hardware.
MP features : Works with XB and PS Networks.

Those things would not work with a PC only title.

System Name Frankenstein v7
Processor Intel i7 2600K (@ stock)
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB DDR3 @ 1866MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 7870 WindForce 2GB
Storage Samsung F3 1TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung S24C750
Case Antec P280
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs X-Fi Elite Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro - 64-bit
He's correct, Jack.
Scope : Runs cross platform
Scale : Runs on console hardware.
MP features : Works with XB and PS Networks.

Those things would not work with a PC only title.

Well.. in the article that's not necessarily what he's saying:
"The PC market just does not support that cost of development, but going multi-platform does."

So the real reason is the age-old financial one..

Talon_257

I read that article, its mostly bullshit.

The only thing that makes real sense is that going multiplatform gets a bigger budget from the publisher.. In terms of "scope, scale, and better", Crysis 2 is anything but that over Crysis 1. The second paragraph you have quoted is just a complete and utter lie, as its the exact opposite direction from where Crysis 1 was in terms of stability and everything else he mentions.

Crysis 2 has weird action bubbles which ruins the scope of it. Crysis 1 has an open environment and a giant innovative multiplayer with Power Struggle. It seems that less of a budget creates a better game...

That article is completely in denial of the trash product they have made.

System Name Thakk
Processor i7 6700k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Z170N ITX
Cooling H55 AIO
Memory 32GB DDR4 3100 c16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080 Trinity
Storage Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD / Intel 250GB SSD / Samsung Pro 512 SSD / 3TB Seagate SV32
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 100hz IPS Gsync / HTC Vive
Case QBX
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 > Creative Gigaworks T40 > AKG Q701
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Ducky Shine TKL MX Blue + Vortex PBT Doubleshots
Software Windows 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12108888
Give it a few months and youl see Crysis 2 as a free oem game in every vidcard boxes ala FarCry2. That is how cheap it is

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
There are alot of multi-platform games out there that justify the PC/Console platforms aka Portal 2. The main issue with Crytek is the fact they dumbed down their game altogether to target a bigger audience which is why to me they appear as sellouts. I don't care if the game is not a PC exclusive or a main focus.

Take Dragon Age for example, the first game was great on all systems but with their second game, they dumbed down the gameplay and screwed up the story for the sake of appealing to more casual/hardcore gamers out there, perfect example of selling out.

Lets just hope both Crytek and Bioware learn from this year's releases, I'm sure they've already heard what their fans have had to say.

Over_Lord

News Editor
System Name BAH! - - tHE ECo FReAK
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 1.15V
Motherboard ASUS 785G EVO
Cooling Stock
Memory Corsair Titanium 4GB DDR3 1600MHz C9
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD5850 @ 1.049v
Storage Seagate 7200.12 500GB
Display(s) BenQ G2220HD
Case Cooler Master Elite 334
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VX550W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
This petition makes total sense.

I guess you guys must have read about how difficult it was for Crytek to get such a massive scale game to work on the lowly x360 and complex ps3 hardware. Guess we know WHERE MOST OF THE DEVELOPMENT COST lies.

So, developing a PC exclusive will not ONLY BE EASIER, BUT CHEAPER, and EARN MORE due to DIGITAL SALES.

And I think it's decided, PC gamers aren't going to buy a CONSOLE LIMITED Crysis 3 ever., ever...
Making Crysis 3 will bring back what little respect they have left after their self-proclaimed blockbuster bombed.

Sales figures of Crysis 2 were good in the first 2 weeks, but 4 weeks down, Homefront is selling more than Crysis 2. Whereas, due to the super community of Crysis, mods and tweaks, and the amazing PC exclusive graphics and all, Crysis sold in the long run few million copies, which Crysis 2 will never attain.

Talon_257

This petition makes total sense.

I guess you guys must have read about how difficult it was for Crytek to get such a massive scale game to work on the lowly x360 and complex ps3 hardware. Guess we know WHERE MOST OF THE DEVELOPMENT COST lies.

So, developing a PC exclusive will not ONLY BE EASIER, BUT CHEAPER, and EARN MORE due to DIGITAL SALES.

And I think it's decided, PC gamers aren't going to buy a CONSOLE LIMITED Crysis 3 ever., ever...
Making Crysis 3 will bring back what little respect they have left after their self-proclaimed blockbuster bombed.

Sales figures of Crysis 2 were good in the first 2 weeks, but 4 weeks down, Homefront is selling more than Crysis 2. Whereas, due to the super community of Crysis, mods and tweaks, and the amazing PC exclusive graphics and all, Crysis sold in the long run few million copies, which Crysis 2 will never attain.

Yep, that is exactly what I am trying to explain and show Crytek. :)

I am sure they can do the number crunching themselves and come up with a conclusion but as long as I can (hopefully) get them to open their eyes to the PC benefits of profit margins, that will be very good indeed. :)

System Name Benny
Processor Phenom II 1055t @ 3.3GHz; 300x11; 1.380v; NB 2700; HT 2400
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Formula (2002 BIOS)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE 120 Black + 2 Xilence Red Wing PWM 120mm (push/pull) + polycarbonate fan holders
Memory 8GB GeIL Ultra 2133MHZ C9 running at 1600MHz @ 7-7-7-21 1T 1.5v
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr II GTX470 @ Stock w/CPU fan cable-tied on, as one of the GPU fans broke.
Storage 60GB OCZ Agility3 (OS);500GB WDC Grn; 1x1TB WDC Blk (Backup)
Display(s) ASUS PA823Q
Case Silverstone Raven 2 (all cables custom sleeved with velcro mod on side panel...)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi (Onboard) + Harmon Kardon HK6100 amp powering JVC HA-RX700's with Zalman mic
Power Supply Corsair HX650W
Software Win7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores No benchies so making this space useful! Corsair M90, Logitech G19. Phobya FlexLight LED's (gawjus)
I can't believe how many people are being bashed for wishing for a decent game. There's nothing wrong with hope. I couldn't care less about it being PC focussed, just a decent game would be nice.
Must be a full moon or something.

System Name My Gaming System
Processor Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Impact (ITX)
Cooling Custom Full System Water cooling Loop
Memory G.Skill 1866 Mhz Sniper 8 Gb
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ti SC
Storage Samsung SSD EVO 120GB - Samsung SSD EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS W246H - 24" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD
Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Modular PSU
Software Windows 8.1 Home Primeum
I agree with the fact that Crytech sold out! Call me names for saying so all anybody wants. But Crytech forgot their base and were they cam from plain and simple!!!

ctrain

Crytek is seriously out of touch with the the community, and frankly the world in general.

Crytek actually has hired a lot of people from the mod community over time, whether they put them to good use is another story...

Crytek should just stop doing these interviews because without fail, every time, someone manages to say something false and they look fucking stupid. Oh yes your PC only titles totally didn't give you enough financial support to buy a bunch of new offices and Free Radical.

Well, the technical aspects were interesting but why does Crytek always have to add on some stupid bit to try and justify the consoles and how PC totally wasn't working out meh only sold 5 million copies oh shit we're sinking

Processor 2700x under H100i progeebee
Motherboard ASUS x470 prime
Cooling Fans
Memory gskill ripjaw 3200
Video Card(s) MSi Vega 64 ref
Storage 120Gb OCZ Vertex 2E SSD - 500Gb Games - 1.5tb Storage and Media
Case CM HAF 932
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software Win 10
I signed my own petition by not buying Crysis 2 when they left DX11 out upon release. They released a game which was not ready and that was their biggets fault here. I still think they can bring Crysis 2 into being a leading visual benchmark when they do get the patch released but the gameplay will always be consolized. The good news is Crytek should be releasing the editor for Cryengine 3 and we will see some solid mods from it. Mods like MechWarrior Living Legends are a sample of what can be done with the engines Crytek is producing.

Cryengine 3 is a fvking beast of an engine when it all boils down to coding. It is coded better than Crysis and Warhead. It's more GPU dependant (which we like) and the DX11 patch will blow the doors off what we consider "top end" graphics today.

Sure the gameplay and mission development focus was ALL on the consoles and their limitations but there is something more to Cryengine 3 and Crytek will probably get my money when they sort their shit out.

Port this port that. How many ports have working dev consoles these days? How many engines cook to 3 platforms from the same build?

Had Crysis 2 simply been released with larger open world maps and DX11 everyone would be tripping balls to upgrade for the Crysis experience just like the original.

Mech Warrior Living Legends on the Cryengine 3 would probably be the best game EVER! (edit: after BF3)

Last edited:
System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
nice disclaimer ;)

i still think you are being way too generous. you are basically saying "if Crytek made Crysis 2 GOOD, it would be GOOD" but they didn't

they didn't release it with dx 11, they released it with a broken sp system, broken ai, small levels, crap story, shoddy multiplayer advancement with a non-existent anti-cheat system.

it may be a good engine, but for 90% of gamers that means nothing if the game made for it sucks, and crysis 2 sucks. they can't fix all the problems through patching, and they have already waited too long even if they could. crysis 2 has already failed, and it will not be "fixed"

as for mods, of course. but i see that as the exact opposite of a "plus" for c2. sure the capability is great that they added it, but the fact that we have to look to mods to enjoy one the most anticipated games in years is a serious disappointment.

@scaminatrix, aside from one obvious comment, i don't see a ton of personal bashing. people are bashing the game itself, and the idea that crytek will listen. the person who gave the idea is being mostly well received. i see it more as cynicism than bashing. there is plenty wrong with hope, when that hope influences your actions in the physical world, for something so unlikely to hold any merit.

he's more than welcome to run a petition, we just don't think it will do anything.

Talon_257

nice disclaimer ;)

i still think you are being way too generous. you are basically saying "if Crytek made Crysis 2 GOOD, it would be GOOD" but they didn't

they didn't release it with dx 11, they released it with a broken sp system, broken ai, small levels, crap story, shoddy multiplayer advancement with a non-existent anti-cheat system.

it may be a good engine, but for 90% of gamers that means nothing if the game made for it sucks, and crysis 2 sucks. they can't fix all the problems through patching, and they have already waited too long even if they could. crysis 2 has already failed, and it will not be "fixed"

as for mods, of course. but i see that as the exact opposite of a "plus" for c2. sure the capability is great that they added it, but the fact that we have to look to mods to enjoy one the most anticipated games in years is a serious disappointment.

@scaminatrix, aside from one obvious comment, i don't see a ton of personal bashing. people are bashing the game itself, and the idea that crytek will listen. the person who gave the idea is being mostly well received. i see it more as cynicism than bashing. there is plenty wrong with hope, when that hope influences your actions in the physical world, for something so unlikely to hold any merit.

he's more than welcome to run a petition, we just don't think it will do anything.

Well again, I don't believe in petitions either. It was requested over at the Crysis forums so I started one up and am putting an effort into it now, I guess. :)

What's the worst that can happen anyway? You wasted a minute of your time to sign a petition that didn't work? I understand the pessimism when it comes to petitions - I have the same approach. However, no harm will come from simply spending a minute of your time to hit the sign button for something you believe or want.

Anyway... Its not just the graphics of Crysis 2, its the entire gameplay and total experience. It simply does not live up to expectations and has a serious lack of innovation, while being a completely unfinished beta-product on the PC.

The game is horrible, the sales are horrible, and I hope Crytek wakes up to reality. Their PC focused games were just fine in quality and sales, the point of the petition is hopefully to wake them up to their blunders. The petition starts now so that when it does get delivered to Crytek - its not already too late.

If you were disappointed in Crysis 2 - just sign the petition. I realize that many of you aren't planning on buying future Crytek games (at this point I'm not either), but you can still sign in support for an improvement in their future titles. After all at the end of the day, the petition is really just asking for a better PC game.

Last edited:
System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
I realize that many of you aren't planning on buying future Crytek games (at this point I'm not either), but you can still sign in support for an improvement in their future titles.

bam

Processor 2700x under H100i progeebee
Motherboard ASUS x470 prime
Cooling Fans
Memory gskill ripjaw 3200
Video Card(s) MSi Vega 64 ref
Storage 120Gb OCZ Vertex 2E SSD - 500Gb Games - 1.5tb Storage and Media
Case CM HAF 932
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software Win 10
I'm just playing devils advocate. I know Crytek dropped the ball hard.

Mod tools arent eaxctly a plus for Crysis 2's gameplay but they could be for thoses who bought the game. I have more hours in MWLL than Crysis. While Crytek failed at delivering this game the community may still make some awesome content from that engine and bring some real value to customers.

Talon_257

I'm just playing devils advocate. I know Crytek dropped the ball hard.

Mod tools arent eaxctly a plus for Crysis 2's gameplay but they could be for thoses who bought the game. I have more hours in MWLL than Crysis. While Crytek failed at delivering this game the community may still make some awesome content from that engine and bring some real value to customers.

Crysis 2 has no mod support planned for the future, everything is encrypted. Crytek is releasing an SDK in the summer that is meant for indie developers or total mods like MWLL. A simple Sandbox like Crysis had is not planned and Crysis 2 will remain "legally" unmoddable.