• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Philips 32" QHD 328P6AUBREB Monitor Offers 99% Adobe RGB, docking USB-C, $500

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
MMD, the leading technology company and brand license partner for Philips monitors, is rolling out a new Philips Brilliance QHD docking USB-C monitor with High Dynamic Range (HDR). The 32-inch 328P6AUBREB delivers great image quality and one-cable docking for enhanced productivity and effortless convenience.

Connectivity made simple
The 328P6AUBREB is equipped with the extremely versatile connectivity of the latest-generation USB 3.1 Type C technology. Featuring a slim, reversible connector, USB-C enables users to charge, transfer audio and video signal, and connect to the Internet - all with one single cable. Hence, the monitor instantly becomes a hub and serves as a docking station, just without using that extra space on the desk. It also enables easy linking of multiple monitors, which is useful for graphic designers for example. Consequently, USB-C extends the limited connectivity of notebooks and allows users to transfer data securely at ultra-fast speeds. USB 3.1 is 20 times faster than USB 2.0, making data transfer a breeze. And, for those whose devices seem to always be running low on battery, USB-C with power delivery can even charge notebooks.

An unparalleled visual experience
Explaining the display's positioning, Artem Khomenko, Product Manager Philips Monitors Europe at MMD, says: "The P-line monitors are designed to deliver precise, accurate and colour-critical colour performance. We are proud to bring this new model to the market, and to meet the high standards of professionals. This model is the perfect fit for graphic designers, CAD engineers, photographers, video editors and other professionals who rely on an outstanding on-screen reproduction of fine details."

With Quad HD, you will enjoy an excellent viewing experience with high-resolution visuals. HDR technology ensures exceptional brightness and contrast, as well as a rich palette of captivating new colours never before seen on a display. The 10-bit display offers 1.074 billion of them, supported by 12-bit internal processing for natural colours and smooth gradients. With 99% Adobe RGB and 100% sRGB (CIE 1973), the 328P6AUBREB offers professional colour standards and 2560 x 1440 pixels deliver crystal-clear images and make graphics come alive. Thanks to IPS technology, the monitor can be viewed from an angle of 178° without losing any of the colour accuracy or consistent brightness that professional applications demand.

An extra dose of convenience
Beyond its connectivity and stunning visuals, this 32-inch QHD display boasts many of the standout features that have earned Philips monitors their reputation: the SmartErgoBase ergonomic adjustable stand enables users to tilt, swivel and raise the display for maximum viewing comfort. It also features Philips LowBlue Mode which reduces potentially harmful shortwave blue light. Flicker-free technology regulates brightness and reduces flicker for even more comfortable viewing; built-in stereo speakers provide excellent audio reproduction while eliminating the need for peripheral speakers; and what is more, with 65% post-consumer recycled plastics, this monitor is a good choice for eco-friendly users.

The Philips 328P6AUBREB P-line display, with an RRP of £439, will be available in January 2018.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Wow, thats alotza monitor there, hopefully we can get some reviews soon to see if it lives up to the hype :)

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Wow, thats alotza monitor there, hopefully we can get some reviews soon to see if it lives up to the hype :)
What hype? Philips themselves haven't had a decent monitor in ages and this is not even Philips anymore. The pricing is good (even if at 32" you'd expect a proper 4k) so it may be a decent buy. But hype? I don't think so.

Processor R7-7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 rev B
Memory no name DDR5-5200
Video Card(s) Some 3080 10GB
Storage dual Intel DC P4610 1.6TB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34MQ + Dell 2708WFP
Case Lian-Li Lancool III black no rgb
Power Supply CM UCP 750W
Software Win 10 Pro x64
What hype? Philips themselves haven't had a decent monitor in ages and this is not even Philips anymore. The pricing is good (even if at 32" you'd expect a proper 4k) so it may be a decent buy. But hype? I don't think so.

i for one don't give a rat's toss about 4K and i certainly actively don't want it, this monitor looks vewy vewy promising and it's right in the resolution i want.

and at that price it's competitive with dell ultrasharps so yeah, i'm hyped about it

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
i for one don't give a rat's toss about 4K and i certainly actively don't want it, this monitor looks vewy vewy promising and it's right in the resolution i want.

and at that price it's competitive with dell ultrasharps so yeah, i'm hyped about it
I'm thinking whoever buys into HDR now does it either for movies or content creation. So they'd want 4k.
And while the price may be competitive with UltraSharp, I'd be really, really, really surprised if the quality follows suit.

System Name Unimatrix
Processor Intel i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz
Motherboard ASRock x390 Taichi Ultimate
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ RGB DDR4 @ 3400MHz 14-14-14-32
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080 with Heatkiller Water Block
Storage 2x Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD in RAID 0, 1x WD Blue 1TB M.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440
Case CoolerMaster P500M Mesh
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
Keyboard Corsair K75
Benchmark Scores Really Really High

Philips is still a big player in the European market and they have continued to market monitors and 4K OLED TVs.

Just because they are out of the US market, douesn't mean anything.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
The hype I am referring to is all the marketing jazz spouted in the initial post.... Sounds almost like an crafty infomercial rewritten for online uses...

And the point of origin does not concern me at all. I have purchased many thousands of dollars worth of things made in Europe and elsewhere, so if something has the specs and features I want and is noted as a quality product by way of reviews and tests, I will buy it, unless I can find a similar item made in the US...