• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Philips Debuts the Blade 2 IPS Monitor

MMD, the leading technology company and brand license partner for Philips Monitors, today unveiled the Philips Blade 2 monitor that incorporates a stylish ultra-slim design with the latest IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology to deliver an exceptional desktop experience for consumers.

With a depth of just 12.5 mm, the Philips Blade 2 239C4QHSB monitor is one of the slimmest desktop displays on the market and comes in two colors, classy black or elegant white. Combining sophisticated design with leading-edge display technology, the Blade 2 is equipped with a 24" IPS display that delivers color accurate images that are vivid and life-like, making it an ideal choice for both work and play.

"The Philips Blade 2 demonstrates the company's ability to deliver versatile monitors that combines cutting-edge design with excellent performance," said Mayank Christian, Director of Global Product Management, MMD. "The enhancements of the Philips Blade 2 over the original Blade monitor also showcase our desire to push boundaries and develop better products for consumers."

High Performance Display (HPD)

The Philips Blade 2 falls under the High Performance Display range of monitors from Philips and boasts the following features for a superior desktop experience:

- "True" Wide Viewing Angles: With the use of the latest generation of IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology, consumers can now enjoy stunning visuals without any shift in color even when viewed from obscure angles.

- Superior Color Reproduction: The Philips Blade 2 IPS display reproduces images that are color-accurate both on screen and in print, making it ideal for users looking to edit video and graphics.

- Superior Picture Quality: An added advantage of IPS technology is that it produces images that are clearer and more vivid when compared to traditional TN panels, amplifying the desktop entertainment experience for users.

- High Contrast Ratio: With a SmartContrast ratio of 20,000,000:1, quality is not compromised when displaying images with extreme differences between light and dark.

- Environmentally Responsible: The monitors are manufactured with mercury free LED that consume 40 per cent less power than conventional Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps (CCFL) backlighting. In addition, all body plastic parts, metal chassis parts and packing materials use 100% recyclable materials.

Ultra-Slim and Cutting-edge Design

At a stunning 12.5 mm, the Philips Blade 2 ultra-slim design makes it an extremely versatile monitor that overcomes space constraints while helping users to avoid the dreaded desktop clutter. The Blade 2 also features an eye-catching glossy finish and touch-sensitive controls that replace conventional protruding buttons.

Superior Compatibility

Featuring dual HDMI ports and a VGA (Analog) connection, the Philips Blade 2 monitor is fully compatible with the latest work and entertainment devices on the market. The dual HDMI ports also allow users to connect multiple devices to the monitor, which ensures a hassle-free experience for consumers looking to connect their monitor to their existing PC system.

Availability

The Philips C-Line Blade 2 monitor comes in either classy black or elegant white and will be available in Asia Pacific from today through MMD partners.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Response time is 7 ms (gray to gray).Not fast enough :).

How can you post something like that if you don't understand how it works?:(

Its not a TN panel, and IPS is a different technology where panel response works in a very different way.
I don't know this model, but it has overdrive and - in general - a 7ms IPS can be equally fast as a 2ms TN, like how the u2311h or the 2209wa were just as fast as any 2ms 60Hz TN and they only "lost" against a few (shitty gamer-gimmick) 120Hz monitors.

Yes you get some little blur indeed, but it's more like a motion blur because you won't get ugly black overshoots, and you can actually enjoy using them because they can display colors (and from almost any angle btw), and they also have much less input-lag than any TN panel, especially when you run them at 77Hz or above.

Yes I admit I still turn on my CRT at serious matches (but its only me, because I'm so used to them), and I could also understand if somebody used a TN in 2007 because IPS panels were not fast enough....., but today?-> a 7ms IPS with overdrive is "not fast enough" on a tech forum without any test or professional review? seriously?:(

Processor i5 750
Motherboard EVGA P55 Sli Micro
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P
Memory G. Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Msi GTX 465 Golden (flashed to 470)
Storage OCZ 60GB agility
Display(s) Sony SDM-HS95P
Case just sitting ontop of my mobo box
Power Supply Corsair HX 650
Software Windows 7 x64
no mention of price :(