• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PICO Introduces Lightweight All-in-One VR Headset, PICO 4

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
PICO, a leading VR brand with independent innovation and R&D creation capabilities, has today announced the launch of the PICO 4, a next-generation, all-in-one VR headset that aims to make VR accessible to everyone by combining comfort and performance.

Equipped with the Snapdragon XR2 platform, the PICO 4 features a super lightweight body, Pancake Optics, 4K+ resolution display, and an intuitive user experience. Pioneering the next generation of VR hardware design, PICO's new headset makes the unreal real, with a more vivid, and immersive VR experience. The PICO 4 will be available on October 18th in thirteen European countries, with plans to launch in Japan, Korea, Singapore, and Malaysia this year.

"We are delighted to announce the PICO 4, our best VR headset yet," said Henry Zhou, President of PICO. "At PICO, we pride ourselves on offering immersive and interactive VR experiences, and PICO 4 introduces even more diverse content across gaming, fitness and video."

Experience Better Comfort
Compact and lightweight, the PICO 4 weighs just 295 g without the strap, making it PICO's lightest VR headset ever. The impressive lightness is achieved by implementing smaller and lighter lenses in the PICO 4's Pancake Optics, reducing the thickness of the case to just 35.8 mm at its thinnest.

The PICO 4 comes with adjustable straps and uses a SuperSkin fabric for the cushion lining, a unique material that has effective wicking properties, allowing users to keep cool and dry. The anti-slip PU leather at the rear of the headset brings even greater comfort and control.

The PICO 4 is equipped with a large battery offering up to three hours of gameplay, and industry-leading fast-charge capabilities, as well as TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light Certification and a counter-weight design, ensuring comfort during extended play. The headset's ergonomic design also supports the use of a glasses spacer which is included in the box, enabling users who wear glasses to fully immerse themselves in their VR worlds without compromising on comfort or clarity.

Access to More Entertainment
The PICO 4 provides users with a diverse and inclusive library through the PICO Store, with content across gaming, fitness, video and social categories. Additional titles are also available through Steam VR.

With the growing interest in fitness tracking, the PICO 4 has introduced the PICO Fitness programme to help further streamline fitness progress tracking. Users can review historical VR gameplay data, as well as their energy output through VR motion tracking. Moreover, the PICO 4 can recommend exercise plans for users based on their goals. Fitness content includes LesMills Body Combat, All-In-One Summer Sports VR, and Just Dance VR, which is part of an exclusive partnership with Ubisoft coming in 2023.

PICO 4 additionally offers a broad gaming experience including popular titles such as Peaky Blinders: The King's Ransom, Ultimechs, and The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners - Chapter 2: Retribution. PICO 4 will partner with Wave, the global leader in virtual entertainment, to offer fans immersive, cutting-edge live music experiences in the virtual world.

"The launch of the PICO 4 is an exciting and notable step forward in our efforts to connect players around the globe through immersive multiplayer content," said Paul Brady, co-founder and President, Resolution Games. "With the help of PICO, we were able to make sure our biggest games -- from the just-launched competitive futuresport Ultimechs to our award-winning co-op tabletop experience Demeo -- are available on PICO 4 day one and through what's sure to be a significantly growing market."

More content is slated to come across the worlds of fitness, gaming, video and social. This includes the ground-breaking project PICO Worlds, which will arrive in 2023 to deliver a more realistic physical interaction experience by implementing an avatar system that recognizes over 80 dimensions, as well as exclusive documentaries in partnership with Discovery Channel.

Pioneering Performance Technology
With four well-placed SLAM cameras around the thin frame of the HMD (head-mounted display), the PICO 4 allows for high-precision tracking and mapping of the surrounding environment, while maintaining a stylish appearance. Underneath the cover of the HMD hides a powerful 16MP RGB camera, which produces vivid colour. The PICO 4 is powered by the premium-tier Snapdragon XR2 platform which unlocks cutting-edge display and graphics processing which delivers an optimal balance of performance and power consumption.

The PICO 4 also boasts unmatched visual quality due to its 90 Hz refresh rate, 4K+ screen and 1,200 PPI. Paired with a 5,300mAh rear-mounted battery with support for the latest industry-standard Qualcomm Quick Charge QC 3.0, the PICO 4 is designed to allow users to relax and enjoy an uninterrupted journey into virtual worlds, safe in the knowledge that their VR headset will not let them down.

The PICO 4 controllers notably feature a one-piece rotating arc column, with cleverly placed infra-red sensors. Considering design and structural strength, the controllers allow users to move their hands closer together with ease with added protection provided by hit detection and spatial awareness. The PICO 4 controllers also support 6DoF, allowing users to enjoy a wider degree of movement within the virtual environment, and a HyperSense broadband motor for more realistic haptic feedback.

Upgrade the VR Experience with PICO Accessories

A range of accessories are compatible with the PICO 4, including the PICO Fitness band to effectively monitor lower body movements, carry cases for easy transportation, and wireless dongle for stable wireless transmission in any setting. Fully available by 2023, these accessories offer a more comprehensive and seamless VR experience for consumers however they choose to play.

Pricing and Availability
The PICO 4 starts at just £379 or €429. Europe's Neo3 Link Beta Program members will have the opportunity to pre-order the PICO 4 beginning September 23rd via Bestware, VR Expert, XR Shop, and System Active.

Pre-orders will open to the general public in October via Amazon, Mediamarkt, Saturn, Elkjop, The Very Group, and Coolblue.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name Desktop PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500
Motherboard MSI B450I Gaming Plus Max Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair Hydro X Series Custom Loop
Memory 32 (2x16) GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super FE
Storage 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD
Display(s) Vizio 1080p TV Screen (Temporary)
Case Fractal Design Define Nano S
Audio Device(s) Razer Kraken X Headset
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Razer Cynosa Lite Gaming Keyboard
VR HMD HTC Vive Cosmos
Software Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy: 8706 (Stock)
This looks like a very respectable headset. I hope that it gets released worldwide.

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
Now this looks like a Meta Quest 2 killer. At 429€ price tag it's a bargain for what it offers. If it has a display port option for uncompressed image via SteamVR like Pico 3 it's an instant buy for me.
Yeah this is going to really steal the thunder from Oculus Connect next month. I believe now we will see something about the Quest 3. Maybe not at Connect but they will at least show something off. The fact that it has pancake lenses, motorized IPD adjustment, color pass-through cameras, better headstrap with bigger battery on the back. I did find out that it does not have a display port or wired link. It's all wireless. You can use your wifi6 router or you can buy their adapter for 50 bucks. I think even if you have wifi6 at home it would be worth getting the dedicated adapter.

Over all this looks really good and so far it's much better than anything pico has release as an all around product. Way better marketing, software and hardware.

This looks like a very respectable headset. I hope that it gets released worldwide.
It will come to US at some point just like the Pico Neo 3, but how soon probably depends on how well it sells everywhere else. I don't think it will be long before we get it.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
Oculus really shot themselves in the foot by increasing the price of the quest 2 by $100. If the specs check out in reviews, I see it being pretty popular.

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
Oculus really shot themselves in the foot by increasing the price of the quest 2 by $100. If the specs check out in reviews, I see it being pretty popular.
Yeah, I agree but they still have time to drop it again. I bet they do before the holiday rush. This was probably the plan all a long. While sales were starting to slow down just increase the price and wait a few months before the holiday then announce a be drop in price for the holiday season. People that were on the fence will run out and buy it for 299. It's all marketing, plus Pico is holding off to see how sales are before they release it in the US. We might get it before Christmas.