1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Please help me with my problem! :(

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by MelGibson14, Nov 11, 2007.

1. MelGibson14

MelGibson14 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

I have a new computer since few days and I loved it when I saw the
    case coming into my room but I was not so happy anymore when i saw how it
    acted in a way it shouldn't act for the specs it has! :O

My specs are:

Intel(R) Core (TM) 2Quad CPU
    Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz,
    Clockspeed: 2,40 GHz 2,00 GB
    Geforce 7900 GTX 512 MB

I installed games like Call of Duty 4, Bioshock , Medal Of honor, Condemned, Call of Duty 2 and Battlefield 2 ( some more games ! )

It lookd like it ran good but suddenly some weird stripes appeared in my screen like this:
    Condemned
    [​IMG]
    Call of Duty 2
    [​IMG]

As you see these are the stripes that appear in almost each games, sometimes there are spots on models which have all colours of the rainbow. When i minimize the game and maximize it back to the game it looks good again, but if i start playing or walking its back to the old problem again.

Another problem is in COD4, not in other games, models looks like full black, and my own weapon to, it looks like this:

Call of Duty 4
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I asked a friend of mine what to do and he told me to run the program designd
    by ATI called ATItool, it came out like this when i runned it:

[​IMG]

He told me my GFX card is broke but i have to be sure theres nobody else who has this problem or has ever seen it be4, im sure someone seen this before but my question is can somebody help me with this problem? im feeling very bad this happens to me just now i got a new pc! :(

Thanks in advance,

Mel.G ( Raoul Debie )

2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Is this card overclocked or has the factory cooler been removed or replaced lately. The first couple of pics I was thinking maybe a driver issue, but as I continued down to see ATITool 0.26 artifacting like it was really poinst towards a real issue here.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. cdawall

cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    the graphics is dead if its new you can just RMA it to the manuf. and they will send you a new card

@sneeky the card is running @ stock clocks according to AtiTool and is @48C which is well below what that card will start having issues with

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    i would be his friend and to me it looks like something with the shaders on the card is screwed

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. MelGibson14

MelGibson14 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Has anyone ever had this problem, or are you 100 percent sure i have to ask for new card? :O

6. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    not to be rude here Mel , but if you are saying this card is NEW and has yet to be modded, and you have tried an complete wipe and reinstall of the GFX drivers.....Id send it back as of last week.....why beat yourself up on the matter? just hopefully you have another GFX card to use until then . If not may I suggest going to walmart to get a generic MX4 series for like $20 just so you can be online and serfable. By no means is it a gaming card tho, but for $20 bux what can you expect!

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. MelGibson14

MelGibson14 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Allright, thanks for helping me and telling me ur opinion about my problem, i've called the guy who brought me this pc so he'll be coming over here soon! :)

8. MelGibson14

MelGibson14 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys i informed the guy about it, he talked to the guy from the shop where
    he bought the pc for me and he told me i should buy more feeding, and feed it up to 500 WATT, so he ordered... i hope that was the problem ! :)