• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Please Help,really desperate

kackumkum

After managing to fix atikmpag.sys BSOD,i also managed to reinstalled all my drivers normally,but now my GPU driver wont install correctly,i have a Radeon 6630HDm but no matter which catalyst i tried,i always get the 6600M and 6700M result in device manager,because of this,my laptop wont use my gpu to run games,instead using intel,i've also tried wiping my drivers with DDU and reinstalled multiple times,below are my specs:

Attachments

• card 2.gif
    card 2.gif
    16.7 KB · Views: 581
  • card.gif
    card.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 798
  • specs1.PNG
    specs1.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 618
  • specs2.PNG
    specs2.PNG
    56 KB · Views: 686
  • sceen.PNG
    sceen.PNG
    961.7 KB · Views: 572
  • specs.PNG
    specs.PNG
    26.7 KB · Views: 533
  • specs2.PNG
    specs2.PNG
    25 KB · Views: 556

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
That is just how the AMD driver reports the card name. They switched to reporting the series as the name instead of the actual card name years ago. I don't see anything wrong in the pictures you have posted.

kackumkum

That is just how the AMD driver reports the card name. They switched to reporting the series as the name instead of the actual card name years ago. I don't see anything wrong in the pictures you have posted.

I used to have 2 separate VGAs,intel hd 3000 and AMD radeon 6630M,im using a sony vaio laptop with switchable graphics (there's a small bar on laptop switches between speed and stamina which i presumes the amd and intel) with that being said,now i cant play any games because my laptop wont use the amd gpu but instead using the intel,i've tried league of legends and 10fps is all i got,worst setting too,i encountered the first atikmpag.sys while in a game of league and the bsod showed up,used the recovery tool but right after i installed graphics drivers,i get the same bsod again,oh and just so you know i've been able to run cod BO2 in max settings before any of this ever happened so,i dont think i dont have any problems
the pic below should have power options,3d settings according to what i remembered

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    79 KB · Views: 556

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
I used to have 2 separate VGAs,intel hd 3000 and AMD radeon 6630M,im using a sony vaio laptop with switchable graphics (there's a small bar on laptop switches between speed and stamina which i presumes the amd and intel) with that being said,now i cant play any games because my laptop wont use the amd gpu but instead using the intel,i've tried league of legends and 10fps is all i got,worst setting too,i encountered the first atikmpag.sys while in a game of league and the bsod showed up,used the recovery tool but right after i installed graphics drivers,i get the same bsod again,oh and just so you know i've been able to run cod BO2 in max settings before any of this ever happened so,i dont think i dont have any problems
the pic below should have power options,3d settings according to what i remembered

IIRC the old model laptops had special modified drivers for early switchable graphics. Have you tried installing the original ones from the manufacturer? They are probably super old but might be your only option.

kackumkum

IIRC the old model laptops had special modified drivers for early switchable graphics. Have you tried installing the original ones from the manufacturer? They are probably super old but might be your only option.
thank you for understanding me point,but sadly i tried,i've looked up and downloaded/installed the amd drivers from sony asia site but after the installation atikmpag.sys comes back up again and my 2 graphics card keep malfunctioning,when i install those drivers if it isnt digitally signed,it came back up as 6600M and 6700M series with no option of 6630M in the model selection tab in device manager :'(

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
thank you for understanding me point,but sadly i tried,i've looked up and downloaded/installed the amd drivers from sony asia site but after the installation atikmpag.sys comes back up again and my 2 graphics card keep malfunctioning,when i install those drivers if it isnt digitally signed,it came back up as 6600M and 6700M series with no option of 6630M in the model selection tab in device manager :'(

dont go by the model in device manager the sub model 6630 will rarely show up. I would uninstall both the intel and AMD drivers you have on it, using DDU if need be. and installing both the Intel and AMD drivers for that model laptop from sonys website. Also make sure you get any odd drivers like sony chipset or sony ADK (keyboard) drivers. This software may contain the driver for the actual chip that does the switching.

Generally the issues you are experiencing are a failure for the 3dbuffer to swap over to the other GPU. Like I said in older machines there are alot of moving parts and laptops are always a pain in the dick, they have finally fixed these issues in new machines you can even use the standard drivers from the nvidia or AMD website. In your case though, you are going to need to do alot of legwork. Like I previously mentioned, this will probably involve the original drivers for both the AMd and intel GPU as well as any chipset or odd custom software provided with the unit (especially since you have a performance button).

If all else fails its unfortunetly totally possible that:

A: the GPU is fucked

B: the os is incompatible (if you formatted it at any point)

Goodluck.

Some thoughts...

Use DDU. It'll wipe all superfluous (oh yea!) display driver files. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

If you've done it right, you'll be greeted with an out of native resolution monitor itching to be told what it is. Tip: have the display driver install package waiting on the desktop. Run it first before changing any display settings.

Some OEM and laptop pc's need the drivers from their manufacturers website instead of the official drivers from AMD. Watch out for bloatware.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
so,i dont think i dont have any problems

I didn't say you didn't have an problem, I said I don't see anything wrong in the screenshots you provided. It looks like the driver is installed properly and functioning correctly.

What does the GPU-Z sensor tab show when you are playing a game? Any load on the AMD GPU?

A: the GPU is fucked

At this point, it is a ~7 year old laptop, thats probably been running hot all that time. I wouldn't be surprised if the GPU just fails under 3D load at this point.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Read my directions carefully.

1. These are the drivers from Sony. Get these first and make sure to write names down on what they each represent. Do not install them yet.

Original Windows 7 Chipset Driver
https://www.sony.co.th/en/electronics/support/vpc-series-vpcse2-series/vpcse26fh/downloads/Y0008044

Original Windows 7 Graphics Driver
https://www.sony.co.th/en/electronics/support/vpc-series-vpcse2-series/vpcse26fh/downloads/Y0008034

AMD Graphics Driver update from Sony.
https://www.sony.co.th/en/electronics/support/vpc-series-vpcse2-series/vpcse26fh/downloads/Y0005624

Note: This is the last set of drivers that will work with the 6630M for Windows 7 64bit. Do not install these yet unless instructed to.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows 7 - 64

2. Get DDU from here. Do not Run it yet.

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1174

3. Install DDU, follow the directions on the Link about disabling your wifi adapter/unplugging ethernet.

5. Create a System Restore point before Running DDU.

6. Run DDU twice in safe mode as instructed, then again in Protected (Windows Normal) mode, restart when told.

6. Create system restore point before installing chipset driver.

7. Install the Original chipset driver, restart the system.

8. Create system restore point before installing Original Graphics Driver.

9. Install Original Graphics Driver. Restart system.

10. Create system restore point before installing AMD Graphics Driver update by Sony

11. Install AMD Graphics Driver by Sony. Restart System.

You should be set.

If you want to Risk installing the Graphics Driver from the direct AMD link, create a system restore point before installing the AMD driver. If it fails or causes weirdness from installing ontop of the existing drivers, restore to before you installed it. Run DDU twice as before in Safe and Windows Mode then install the driver.

Really though it is a low end laptop and support for them in future was pretty slim, safest bet is utilizing the Drivers from the Sony Link only.

PS AMD had started calling GPUs by the series number during the Radeon HD 2000 Series, so you are ok if your Driver Says 6000 or 6600 series.

kackumkum

thanks for your help and instructions,i'll try every single ways you guys have showed me,if all goes swell,i'll comeback with an update

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
Or just follow the instructions in post 9.