• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Please, if you are going to review Zacate...

System Name Epsilon
Processor A12-9800E 35watts
Motherboard MSI Grenade AM4
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x4GB DDR4 2400 Kingston Hyper X
Video Card(s) Radeon R7 (IGP / APU)
Storage Samsung Spinpoint F1
Display(s) AOC 29" Ultra wide
Case Generic
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 380w
Software Windows 10
... Please if you are going to review Zacate use an 80plus PSU at least... or use the same PSU you use on the other tests.

I've seen this http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-brazos-platform-tested-e350-apu-review/10

I just can't belive the conclusion about power draw. I bet that if they've used an 80plus PSU the power measurement should be way better. Of course I don't expect miracles, but they don't mention which PSU they've used.... Do they really think power draw will be the same even after switching PSUs?

Also, I usually read TPU reviews when I have the time... and I could see you always mention the PSU used for the whole test, in "test setup" page. But if you don't keep the same PSU from test to test, then all Power Consumption figures would be technically all wrong, or at least, they would have an error to consider.

Now waiting for that review on Zacate.... :toast:

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
But if you don't keep the same PSU from test to test, then all Power Consumption figures would be technically all wrong

not only technically. the old data would simply be invalid, period. (if power consumption was tested at the wall socket). if it was measured "card only" like in our vga reviews the difference should be negligible but personally i'd still retest all cards under such circumstances just to be sure and not get crucified by the readers

i do have a fusion motherboard coming, not sure about the ETA though

System Name Epsilon
Processor A12-9800E 35watts
Motherboard MSI Grenade AM4
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x4GB DDR4 2400 Kingston Hyper X
Video Card(s) Radeon R7 (IGP / APU)
Storage Samsung Spinpoint F1
Display(s) AOC 29" Ultra wide
Case Generic
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 380w
Software Windows 10
not only technically. the old data would simply be invalid, period. (if power consumption was tested at the wall socket). if it was measured "card only" like in our vga reviews the difference should be negligible but personally i'd still retest all cards under such circumstances just to be sure and not get crucified by the readers

i do have a fusion motherboard coming, not sure about the ETA though

ha! thank you w1zzard! hope to read that review soon