• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Plese help me, my X800 PRO VIVO have a problem...

eduddo

Hello to all the members of this community, this is my first Thread, I live in Mexico City, and....I need your help....

This is my computer:

DFI LP PRO 875B
P4 2.4C GHz (northwood, 800/512Kb)
2x256 OCZ EL PC3200
2X WD RAPTOR (RAID 0)
PSU TT 420W PFC active
etc..etc....

Recently I buy this Video Card:

Connect3D X800 Pro, VIVO. Have the samsung 1.6ns memory, and the problem is..........

First, when I install the drivers, the system restart(normal), but when windows is full loaded, my computer stop all Activity, and the system freezes......

But in safe mod and when the drivers are not insatalled, the system is stable......

Is not drivers Conflict, because I format my hard discs, reset the RAID Volume, and I Initiate all from zero...

I try with several drivers(Catalyst, Omega, DNA), but the result is the same. I try too in other computer....but no changes....

In one ocasion a message appear:

Windows restart because...........

C:\WINDOWS............\Minidump\mini112604-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\WER2.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

My computer is not overclocked.....so what is the problem???

I need change the video card because is damaged???

Other question:

When drivers are not installed...ATITOOL can´t detect pipelines actives....

PIPELINES.............0

is that normal???

No flash mod has made on this Video Card.......

Please help me....

Thank you.

horvatbe

What is you computers PSU power in Wats? I am saying you might need some extra juce to power your computer. 450-500wats,

420 Watt should be more than enough if you ask me.
My 2 oced Prestonias and an unlocked/oced 6800LE run on a cheap 450 Watt.
Wouldn't know whats causing this though, try to stresstest your computer with some DOS util, leave Windows alone. That way you can make sure it's not the CPU, RAM or mobo. If those work fine test the card in another computer, see if you still get lockups, if that is so it might be the card.

eduddo

Thank you.

I try in 3 distinct computers.......and the problem persists.....I´m sure taht is the video card....is defective..

Some body know if connect3d have phone warranty service in spanish language???.........

What I need to obtain warraty service??...

Thank you.

spenc00

I've had the same issue...also with a connect3d x800Pro ViVo (1.6 Samsung). Reinstalled Windows several times...no solve for the problem. My Win always crashed after installing the vid drivers and the following restart.
There is a way to fix this problem and it's that damn funny...

Flash your Card with the Bios from the Connect3D X800 XT. After flashing with that bios there has been no error anyway for me. Don't know whats the problem of these cards but when flashing back to any(!) x800 Pro Bios the problem appears again.

Flash it and enjoy your card.

bye

eduddo

Thank you "spenc00".....I will try to Flash my Card with the Bios from the Connect3D X800 XT.......

Really I hope that this solve my problem....

See you later.

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
eduddo said:
Thank you "spenc00".....I will try to Flash my Card with the Bios from the Connect3D X800 XT.......

Really I hope that this solve my problem....

See you later.

Eduddo ... backup your original BIOS ... if you have to send it back ... you may need to flash back

eduddo

Urlyin.....I have a backup of the original BIOS..... :cool: ......

But, thank you for your response......