• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Plz, Help me. Deactivate undervolting settings after setting in FIVR filed of throttlestop.

Leica

Hi, guys.

I need your good guys help.

I have been using the Throttlestop program well. (I think the application is the best program about CPU performance settings.)
I don't know when it started working abnormally, but I found yesterday that the settings in the program weren't working properly.

The two problems is as follows.
No.1
- Unable to adjust clock 'turbo ratio' area on FIVR part ( Worked in the past ) : adjust button is locked.
No.2
- Offset voltage is adjusted but not working after 'apply' ( Worked in the past )
=> Right side of FIVR panel 'Offset' area.
=>'offset data' of 'HWMonitor' is same after setting.

캡처.JPG

Especially the problem that the offset value of the second problem is not reflected was also confirmed through the 'HWMonitor' program.

*One possible reason for this is the fact that Windows was updated a while ago. Perhaps the temperature readings on the Throttlestop have increased since then.

My computer system is
-HP X2 1013 G3 original. (not tunned)
-CPU : i5-8350U
-Windows 10 Pro (Genuine)

PLZ, Help me~~~!

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
A serious security issue has been brought to Intel's attention so Intel decided to release a microcode update to fix this problem. This microcode update disables under volting and another side effect is this fix also locks out adjustment of the turbo ratios.

This article explains why Intel has been forced to do this.

No more under volting means your CPU will be running hotter from now on. Power consumption will go up so you will not be able to run as long on battery power. Intel's fix is going to create some headaches for laptop owners.

If under volting is more important to you than system security, you will have to try and disable the update that Microsoft sent to your computer. I use a program called Sledgehammer so I can keep a close eye on Windows Updates.

ThrottleStop 8.72

TS 8.72 reports if your CPU has been locked or not.

ThrottleStop also reports what microcode update your CPU is using.

I was able to copy an older version of mcUpdate_GenuineIntel.dll into the C:\Windows\System32 folder. This allows the CPU to use an older microcode. Under volting and turbo ratio adjustments should be restored. Search your own computer for mcUpdate and you will probably be able to find a previous version that you can use.

System Name BorgX79
Processor i7-3930k 6/12cores@4.4GHz
Motherboard Sabertoothx79
Cooling Capitan 360
Memory Muhskin DDR3-1866
Video Card(s) Sapphire R480 8GB
Storage Chronos SSD
Display(s) 3x VW266H
Case Ching Mien 600
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Cooler Master 1000W Silent Pro
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Rosewill RK-1000
Software Win7x64
Intel just keeps giving. :)

Applying something like this to a system without permission should be a crime.

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
Intel just keeps giving. :)

Applying something like this to a system without permission should be a crime.
I hope you didn't expect Intel to leave one security issue with their CPU's not patched when there's been how many now? I'm sure Intel would rather avoid any government interference/over sight into leaving their CPU's with open exploits.

Leica

Thanks, guys. I understand your saying. Have a nice day.