1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Possible dead mobo/CPU

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Yellow&Nerdy?, Mar 12, 2014.

1. FX-GMC

FX-GMC

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried to see if Asus will send you a new I/O shield? Maybe the next one will fit better. Couldn't hurt right?

2. Yellow&Nerdy?

Yellow&Nerdy?

Thanks Received:
    So, finally had time to put the rig back in the case. Put washers between the mobo and the screws, didn't install the I/O shield, and it works just fine now. So I'm pretty sure it was the I/O shield that caused this. Luckily it's not too big of a deal to run the rig without one. Thanks to everyone for their input, I'm a bit of a newbie, so couldn't of solved this without your guys' help.
    They won't send me a new one, because I didn't file a complaint within 7 days of purchase... Which is BS, cause I bought it on the 9th of December, but the store didn't ship my stuff until like the 20th of December because of some availability hiccups. Oh well, there are pretty much no bugs where I live so it's no biggie.

3. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    Glad its working now. IO shields are sometimes on eBay, however this depends on your geographic area.

rtwjunkie says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  4. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie PC Gaming Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    You can usually find just about any IO shield you need on ebay. If there isn't one for yours today, try again in a couple days. PAtience will win you your prize!