• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Possible solution] BFBC2 Crossfire FPS/Laggy starts problems!

The_Ish

Processor Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V Pro
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory 12GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 580 DirectCU II
Storage Corsair F120 SSD +9,5TB storage
Display(s) Dell U2410
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Software Win 7 x64
Benchmark Scores I only care about practical performance.
So guys, try this.. Went from 40-100 fps and really laggy first 30 seconds upon joining a game to 150-200 fps the instant i hit deploy! (11.7 & 11.7 CAP 2).

All I did enable V-sync, changed resolution to something other than native, and then back.
turned of v-sync and voila! 140-200 fps on maximum settings! :D

Just to make sure it wasn't a one time thing, i shut down the game and restarted my computer, and it still works. So please, anyone having the same issues, try this. I know it sounds odd, but hey! It worked for one person, so why not for others!

edit/ Other things that might have had an effect that i did on top of my head.
Trying the game with standard CPU clock -> Did nothing
Tweaked the CPU to 4.2 Ghz instead of 4 flat.
Uninstalled Games for windows live.

If I can think of anything else, I'll let you know. It's not a PB problem, and it's not a fraps problem, that much I can conclude. At least not in this particular case.

I can't find the post right now, but I originally got the idea of res changing from an old thread at some random forum about this fixing flickering. It did not (SP), but in MP i never had it and thought wth, I'll give it a shot, and it worked so.. :)

Last edited: