• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

POSSIBLE X800XT problem

Mr Blonde.

i just got an x800 xt pci e, and when i play half life 2 it jumps like crazy with the settings up. this is unusual beacuse i used to have an X800 se overclocked to 540 / 400 and it played it fine, with most of the settings up. i thought that the new card would kick ass on it. i benched the cards on 3dmark 03 , 05 the se got 9050 and 2500 and the XT gets 11525 and 5532 . so it seems the card isnt broken. it lets me play farcry on very high and its fine, slightly jumpy but i think thats due to my 512mb of ram. oh also my new card isnt a great overclocker and i wondered what other people had managed to O/C 'd it to. so far all i can get it to is 530 / 530. i am gonna order arctic cooling for it because it runs pretty hot.
any help on anything would be appreciated.

cheers

dave.

SANE

sorry I cant help on this one at the moment....i just ordered an X800 XT for the PCI-E slot. I should have it in a couple days....i will get back to you with the test results when it comes in.

I dont have half life 2, but i do have far cry and doom 3....i will run some tests and see if it jumps around.....

Mr Blonde.

SANE said:
sorry I cant help on this one at the moment....i just ordered an X800 XT for the PCI-E slot. I should have it in a couple days....i will get back to you with the test results when it comes in.

I dont have half life 2, but i do have far cry and doom 3....i will run some tests and see if it jumps around.....

cool , cheers man. i dont think it wil jump around on ur system cos uv got a gig of ram. i am getting a new pc soon il just build it myself but av gotta wait til i get paid on the 29th. unless that lottery win comes up first. fingers crossed :D

dave