• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Post your desktop/computer pics.

System Name Onus
Processor E8500 @ 3.95ghz ~1.25v
Motherboard ASUS P5E Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Orochi cpu, 5x 120mm Zalman red LED case fans, stock GPU coolers
Memory 8gb (4x2gb) G.Skill PC8000 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) 2x ASUS 3870x2s
Storage 4x160gb RAID 0 Main, 2x 500gb RAID 0 media storage.
Display(s) LG W2600H
Case Lian Li PC-A70B, painted black and other modded aspects :)
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker. Klipsch RF-3II fronts, Yamaha NS-A222 rears, Klipsch RC-3II center, Klipsch SUB12
Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64, lots of games, photoshop n stuff.
Dude, obso1337, you are a retard. Yes, AMD has the advantage right now, but so what? The guy has an Intel, big deal. It's not like he's going to get 2fps because he's got an intel. Intel's are very strong processors. Yeah sure you'll get 10-15fps more than an intel, but you can't see the difference between 90fps and 105fps. I used to have a 2.8ghz Northwood before I got this cpu. I was able to do a virus scan and still play games at the same time. I sure as Hell can't do that with this AMD. AMD is best in gaming, Intel is best in multimedia, but the differences are so little between the performance that it really doesn't matter which CPU you get.

N

nightelf84

LoL @ Intel vs AMD posts (or crap as I would put it).. Recent history has shown that no one side holds the lead for very long.. It has always been a see-saw battle.. Applies to graphics card as well. X800 series came out and pwn anything nVidia had. But then nVidia came back with the 6800 series and whoop Ati's ass. But then Ati came back with X850s which matched and outperformed single 6800s. AND ATi has their answer to SLi in the works (coming soon to a PC near you).

So you see, AMD has the advantage right now.. sure, no doubt about that, if anyone has said different, I wud hv bitch slapped him/her. But just you wait when Intel comes back with something totally different and more advanced.. It has happened before, and what makes you think it wont happen again? You expect Intel (a multi-billion dollar company) to just sit there and let AMD pwn their over-paid asses? I don't think so.. So yes, ur AMD may be superior.. but don't be a fool and flame an Intel owner.. when Intel makes a come back.. I sure hope you have a big hole to dig and bury ur head into...

System Name i5Panther
Processor Intel i5 760 @ 4Ghz (Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B)
Motherboard ASUS P7H55
Cooling Front: 1x140mm, Left Side: 1x140mm Right Side: 1x80mm, Rear: 120mm Top: 2x140mm, Bottom: 2x120mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB DC DDR3 PC12800 @1600Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon HD 6950 (Unlocked Shaders, 880/1375)
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 32MB/Wester Digital Caviar Green 1TB 64MB
Display(s) Iiyama E2002WS-B1 20"
Case Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic (Logitech X-530 5.1)
Power Supply Corsair ModXStream Pro 700w
Software Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores P6040 - 3DMark11
Ooops, i hope this isnt getting personal?

System Name Onus
Display(s) LG W2600H
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker. Klipsch RF-3II fronts, Yamaha NS-A222 rears, Klipsch RC-3II center, Klipsch SUB12
Rule-R said:
Ooops, i hope this isnt getting personal?
It seems to be for Morlak and Obso1337.

System Name i5Panther
Processor Intel i5 760 @ 4Ghz (Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B)
Motherboard ASUS P7H55
Cooling Front: 1x140mm, Left Side: 1x140mm Right Side: 1x80mm, Rear: 120mm Top: 2x140mm, Bottom: 2x120mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB DC DDR3 PC12800 @1600Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon HD 6950 (Unlocked Shaders, 880/1375)
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 32MB/Wester Digital Caviar Green 1TB 64MB
Display(s) Iiyama E2002WS-B1 20"
Case Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic (Logitech X-530 5.1)
Power Supply Corsair ModXStream Pro 700w
Software Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores P6040 - 3DMark11
Yes, for them..
I guess forums arent the place to make ppl look bad?

Processor AMD 5800x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Water Loop
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z neo
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 NVMEs / SSDs
Display(s) 27" AOC AG271QX
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE-7
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750
Software Windows 10
This thread is for your desktop pics...not AMD vs Intel. lol

-Dan

System Name Onus
Display(s) LG W2600H
djbbenn said:
This thread is for your desktop pics...not AMD vs Intel. lol

-Dan
Amen.

obso1337

wtf8269 said:
Dude, obso1337, you are a retard. Yes, AMD has the advantage right now, but so what? The guy has an Intel, big deal. It's not like he's going to get 2fps because he's got an intel. Intel's are very strong processors. Yeah sure you'll get 10-15fps more than an intel, but you can't see the difference between 90fps and 105fps. I used to have a 2.8ghz Northwood before I got this cpu. I was able to do a virus scan and still play games at the same time. I sure as Hell can't do that with this AMD. AMD is best in gaming, Intel is best in multimedia, but the differences are so little between the performance that it really doesn't matter which CPU you get.

i agree lets get back on topic he started it. anyway, 10-15 more fps is a big deal. sure visually you cant tell, but mathmaticly it does matter. you would get 20 fps with a intel and 30 with amd, thats visual diffrence. 30 is relativly smooth and 20 is unplayable. well thats jsut an example of it mattering, although none of us here get 20 fps in a game (at least i hope not you guys). mathmaticly it would be nice to get that extra 15 fps in a game is smoke in hl2 or something loads big in a game you have 15 fps to "fall back on" so you WONT get a visual performance diffrence. if you cheap s#!t your computer you will get cheap s#!t performance, thats science. so who else is posting pics? i gotta getn ew pics of my chaintech.

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
I agree to what your saying and thats why I am swichting over to a AMD. But lets drop it and get back to the topic thats this thread is for. If people are gonna talk about this, go to general hardware and start a thread.

-Dan :D

System Name Onus
Display(s) LG W2600H
obso1337 said:
i agree lets get back on topic he started it. anyway, 10-15 more fps is a big deal. sure visually you cant tell, but mathmaticly it does matter. you would get 20 fps with a intel and 30 with amd, thats visual diffrence. 30 is relativly smooth and 20 is unplayable. well thats jsut an example of it mattering, although none of us here get 20 fps in a game (at least i hope not you guys). mathmaticly it would be nice to get that extra 15 fps in a game is smoke in hl2 or something loads big in a game you have 15 fps to "fall back on" so you WONT get a visual performance diffrence. if you cheap s#!t your computer you will get cheap s#!t performance, thats science. so who else is posting pics? i gotta getn ew pics of my chaintech.
Yes, it is mathematically a big difference, but I was just saying that you won't see the difference if you're above 30 or 40. Most people get 60fps in HL2 and D3 anyway.

Anywhoo, I ordered this mouse a couple days ago and it'll be here tomarrow so I'll have pics of that sometime tomarrow probably.

Is anybody gonna post screenshots of their desktops, or is everybody ashamed of theirs? Here's mine, except now I have CPU temp in the taskbar too since I got SpeedFan working.

obso1337

i dont use a desktop, too lame, i never got used to a desktop right when windows 95 came out, i was used to allot of dos and windows 3.1 windows. so i found the explorer window around 1996 and have been using it since, i made it pop-up when my computer starts, it even pops up into my ---MAIN--- folder and it uses 15k of memory. its small enough so it dosent slow down games. i have a nifty ---MAIN--- folder where i am most of the time, i keep shotcuts to mozilla, games, whats in the picture you see. so thats like a mini desktop. all the file browsing is in the left and other neat stuff, easy installation and other things. well this is a great way of working a computer, i can do so much more than just having a desktop. i think iv seen my desktop once since the last time i formated windows, LOL (o, and nevermind that icon that says "steam game hack" with the yellow gear... i use that to download all of the steam games for free, oh and that hl.exe, thats non-steam for cs 1.6. its very apparent i hack things now!! OOPS! OWNED)

System Name Onus
Display(s) LG W2600H
I love explorer, it's all I use to get to all of my folders except for two of which I have shortcuts for one my taskbar.

Deeko

obso1337 said:
i dont use a desktop, too lame, i never got used to a desktop right when windows 95 came out, i was used to allot of dos and windows 3.1 windows. so i found the explorer window around 1996 and have been using it since, i made it pop-up when my computer starts, it even pops up into my ---MAIN--- folder and it uses 15k of memory. its small enough so it dosent slow down games. i have a nifty ---MAIN--- folder where i am most of the time, i keep shotcuts to mozilla, games, whats in the picture you see. so thats like a mini desktop. all the file browsing is in the left and other neat stuff, easy installation and other things. well this is a great way of working a computer, i can do so much more than just having a desktop. i think iv seen my desktop once since the last time i formated windows, LOL (o, and nevermind that icon that says "steam game hack" with the yellow gear... i use that to download all of the steam games for free, oh and that hl.exe, thats non-steam for cs 1.6. its very apparent i hack things now!! OOPS! OWNED)

Ah, I remember you obso, you got banned from Nvidias official forums for being an idiot.

wazzledoozle

Processor X2 3800+ @ 2.3 GHz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
Memory 2x1 Gb OCZ Plat. @ 3-3-2-8-1t 460 MHz
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ 4670 512Mb
Storage 640Gb & 160Gb western digital sata drives
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen LCD w/ DVI 5ms
Case Thermaltake Soprano
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 softmod@Audigy 4, Logitech X-530 5:1
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 500w
Software XP Pro
System Name Onus
Display(s) LG W2600H
Deeko said:
Ah, I remember you obso, you got banned from Nvidias official forums for being an idiot.
Lol.
wazzledoozle said:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/wazzledoozle/dt.jpg

For some reason the task tray auto-minimize doesnt work :?
That's odd. Sounds like its just a missing script or something? Maybe you can try to fix it with Resource Hacker if you're good at that kind of thing. I love auto-hide, I couldn't live without it.

Morlak

Deeko said:

Busted, but most people here should already know he's an idiot.

I just think of him as a putz fanboi retarded idiot.
Hey no Intel vs AMD stuff here Boso, opps I mean Obso. Pure flames fanboi.

And so sir, I did not start it you freaking dumbass retard, you did. And in case you missed it the first time, my "retarded" video card has owned yours. Owned. lewl all over that fanboi. Whatever lewl means. Sounds like drool to me, but you should know how to drool anyway being a tard and all.

You still crack me up with that "math" of yours. Like how in the world would you even know how to calculate percentages, your a tard. And finally I can't believe you would actually tell everyone you didn't quite get the windows desktop thing. OMFG, you have to be the most retarded computer user of all time. 1000x dumber than I even thought you were. I even gave you the benifit of the doubt too. LMAO @ Obso the tard.

Well back on topic, my desktop is indeed lame, but I dont spend much time looking at it either. Its either BeyondTV, or a game like eq2. BeyondTV records shows while Im playing.

Attachments

• desktop-1.JPG
    desktop-1.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 510
  • EQ2_000000.jpg
    EQ2_000000.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 460
  • BeyondTV-1.JPG
    BeyondTV-1.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 480

obso1337

Morlak said:
Busted, but most people here should already know he's an idiot.

I just think of him as a putz fanboi retarded idiot.
Hey no Intel vs AMD stuff here Boso, opps I mean Obso. Pure flames fanboi.

And so sir, I did not start it you freaking dumbass retard, you did. And in case you missed it the first time, my "retarded" video card has owned yours. Owned. lewl all over that fanboi. Whatever lewl means. Sounds like drool to me, but you should know how to drool anyway being a tard and all.

You still crack me up with that "math" of yours. Like how in the world would you even know how to calculate percentages, your a tard. And finally I can't believe you would actually tell everyone you didn't quite get the windows desktop thing. OMFG, you have to be the most retarded computer user of all time. 1000x dumber than I even thought you were. I even gave you the benifit of the doubt too. LMAO @ Obso the tard.

Well back on topic, my desktop is indeed lame, but I dont spend much time looking at it either. Its either BeyondTV, or a game like eq2. BeyondTV records shows while Im playing.

wow listen to this freakin moron people. AMD > intel and you just pissed my computer owned yous. big deal if im the "fanboi" lol its owning you SOUL!!! TO DARKNESS!!!! NEXT! i got banned from nvidia forums because those gay admins think there hott S#!T and there lame. they banned me because my attitude is radical and extreme, but you cant get anywhere in life unless you own.

obso1337

Morlak said:
B
morlak the treetard. dude get over the fact the way i run my computer owns you. i can copy files, burn cd's benchmark, game, browse internet, etc etc etc!!! 1000x faster then you. i was just so used to the old operating systems like windows 3.1 and dos, and iv been repairing, gaming, building, small programing since 1992. meaning i have more experience then this "morlak" person. i never LIKED the desktop idea. there is nothing wrong with that. omfg you just sound raged and mad. OWNED i refuse to continue any further in this matter, if you want to "say" anything back like a moron then just PM me dont start spamming the boards, my apoligiseies go to everyone who had to read this other than morlak.

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
Omg people...its not a forum of who has the better computer. Its to help people and share ideas. Drop it and get back on topic.

-Dan :p

Morlak

obso1337 said:
wow listen to this freakin moron people. AMD > intel and you just pissed my computer owned yous. big deal if im the "fanboi" lol its owning you SOUL!!! TO DARKNESS!!!! NEXT! i got banned from nvidia forums because those gay admins think there hott S#!T and there lame. they banned me because my attitude is radical and extreme, but you cant get anywhere in life unless you own.

Dribble drabble drool on fanboi, i didnt understand your ramble. Sorry but I didnt piss on anything. Only retards like you piss on anything.

AMD high-end machines own everyone here. You are not on that top-of-the-line list, so quit babbling. I owned your machine putz, get over it.

obso1337

Morlak said:
AMD high-end machines own everyone here. You are not on that top-of-the-line list, so quit babbling. I owned your machine putz, get over it.
with your crappy processor and video card you own nothing. not me, barely anyone else. blah blah i owned you, you know it and i said PM me idiot. lets not spam the forums. if you post here flamming me because im right and you cant take it i will call over an admin.

AMD64 3400+ 1meg L2
chaintech 6800 GT unlocked pipes, ultra speeds
1gig samsung PC3500
MSI K8N neo plat nForce3 800fsb sata
3Dmark05 - 6531

OWNS

P4
asus mobo
3Dmark6286

its just a fact i cant help it. i really wish i could have been you freind if you would have kept it freindly. exact words "slow processor, messy wires" i recently cleaned up my wires a bit, nothing to spiffy, wires will always be a bit of a problem.

Last edited:

obso1337

wtf8269 said:
I love explorer, it's all I use to get to all of my folders except for two of which I have shortcuts for one my taskbar.
a smart person, he owns morlak too. LOL i agree taskbar shotcuts own! lets all get on topic here next one gets reported to admin. i think desktops should be an option, would be cool i think. not everyone likes them. my freinds do explorer window too.

Last edited:

Deeko

You got banned from Nvidias forums because people over there have a high technical knowledge and told you whats what with hardware, you didnt like that, and the main reason you were banned is because you were bragging about pirating software and never buying any games which I think is out of order and you are doing it again by posting screenshots about your pathetic hacking prowess and how you download your games for free. You are a leech.

Morlak

obso1337 said:
morlak the treetard. dude get over the fact the way i run my computer owns you. i can copy files, burn cd's benchmark, game, browse internet, etc etc etc!!! 1000x faster then you. i was just so used to the old operating systems like windows 3.1 and dos, and iv been repairing, gaming, building, small programing since 1992. meaning i have more experience then this "morlak" person. i never LIKED the desktop idea. there is nothing wrong with that. omfg you just sound raged and mad. OWNED i refuse to continue any further in this matter, if you want to "say" anything back like a moron then just PM me dont start spamming the boards, my apoligiseies go to everyone who had to read this other than morlak.

How in the world would you know how much experience I have? You are such a lame putz. 1000x faster than me, get real dimwit. I posted my scores, which are better than yours, with links, and screnshoots to prove my system owns yours. And you still babble on. Want to send me some email retard? Do it and I will PM you putz. Im not mad, this is fun calling you out like the retarded putz that you really are.

obso1337

Morlak said:
How in the world would you know how much experience I have? You are such a lame putz. 1000x faster than me, get real dimwit. I posted my scores, which are better than yours, with links, and screnshoots to prove my system owns yours. And you still babble on. Want to send me some email retard? Do it and I will PM you putz. Im not mad, this is fun calling you out like the retarded putz that you really are.
lol i recall me getting more fps in games and i get a better PC mark and 3Dmark05 scores. which mean my system owns yous. LOL you can say a million things or call me and my better system a million things and it wont change the simple facts that i just built a better system. well that wraps it up. i already reported you to an admin and he said he will deal with you being a tard. later dude.