• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Post your desktop/computer pics.

Processor Intel i7-8700k @ stock
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro iirc
Memory 16GB Corsair DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1070 FE
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500G NVMe
Display(s) 34" ASUS ROG PG348Q + 28" ASUS TUF Gaming VG289
Case NZXT
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CoolerMaster Storm XT Stealth
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Yup, it's the same in my class don't worry! At least my friends knew what I was talking about. But I'm really aceing programming on highest grade... :D Although my class are all grade 12's so they have a basic idea of pc architecture!! BASIC though!! ;) Try it with MOSFET or CMOS... They'll never know what your'e saying! It's fun playing on someone else's incompetence. :rolleyes:

System Name Onus
Processor E8500 @ 3.95ghz ~1.25v
Motherboard ASUS P5E Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Orochi cpu, 5x 120mm Zalman red LED case fans, stock GPU coolers
Memory 8gb (4x2gb) G.Skill PC8000 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) 2x ASUS 3870x2s
Storage 4x160gb RAID 0 Main, 2x 500gb RAID 0 media storage.
Display(s) LG W2600H
Case Lian Li PC-A70B, painted black and other modded aspects :)
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker. Klipsch RF-3II fronts, Yamaha NS-A222 rears, Klipsch RC-3II center, Klipsch SUB12
Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64, lots of games, photoshop n stuff.
nightelf84 said:
At least you didn't say Central Processing Unit instead of CPU... or did you? ;)
I just said processor, this is just a basic Microsoft Office class (I'm a freshman) and I needed to take that as a prerequisite(sp?) for any other computer class. Anyway there are a lot of hot girls/popular people and I didn't feel like making a complete smart@$$ of myself. :p Although I did go into great detail about my overclocking/overvolting and flashing my graphics card.
zAAm said:
Yup, it's the same in my class don't worry! At least my friends knew what I was talking about. But I'm really aceing programming on highest grade... :D Although my class are all grade 12's so they have a basic idea of pc architecture!! BASIC though!! ;) Try it with MOSFET or CMOS... They'll never know what your'e saying! It's fun playing on someone else's incompetence. :rolleyes:
Haha I know what you mean. The kid that sits next to me when he first saw my computer instead of asking what kind of processor it has in it, he said "What kind of Pentium does that thing have?" He had a hard time understanding that there was something else out there besides Pentiums. Anyway, yeah moronic people are fun to mess around with. :D The only thing that sucks is that theres only a couple of other people in my grade that have similar knowledge as me. Both of which are my best friends. Which means, small LAN parties.

Case NZXT
Mouse Logitech G502
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
There are only 2 people my age (both my friends) that know close to what I know about PC's... One of them actually convinced someone that he didn't know that you could change the wallpaper from the default XP background. It was hilarious to see this guy trying to explain it to my friend (who was being intentionally dumb)... But what the heck! :D

System Name Onus
Display(s) LG W2600H
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker. Klipsch RF-3II fronts, Yamaha NS-A222 rears, Klipsch RC-3II center, Klipsch SUB12
Ahahaha. I remember this one guy didn't know how to install a motherboard or processor or anything. I just made up a buncha BS like don't forget to lubricate your CPU before you put it in the socket.

wazzledoozle

Processor X2 3800+ @ 2.3 GHz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
Memory 2x1 Gb OCZ Plat. @ 3-3-2-8-1t 460 MHz
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ 4670 512Mb
Storage 640Gb & 160Gb western digital sata drives
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen LCD w/ DVI 5ms
Case Thermaltake Soprano
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 softmod@Audigy 4, Logitech X-530 5:1
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 500w
Software XP Pro
wtf8269 said:
Ahaha I'm in my computer class right now (EEEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSYYYYY!!!!) I just presented a PowerPoint to the class with talking agents in it. It was all about my computer and it had pictures and stuff. They were all just like :confused: :confused: :confused: Lol, I even went so far as to say double data rate random access memory instead of DDR RAM. :D
Im a freshman in highschool, and I have to take a computer TYPING CLASS. Excel and word all daY!!! So boring. Its easy though, I jsut mess around all week and do all the work on fridays :D

Its really annoying how even our teacher doesnt udnerstand ANYTHING about computers. She calls the computers the CPU's, and when windows gets a BSOD or just freezes, she has gotten to think that that means the mouse is broken!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO :eek:

Processor AMD 5800x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Water Loop
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z neo
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 NVMEs / SSDs
Display(s) 27" AOC AG271QX
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE-7
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750
Software Windows 10
Ha, I have a class called exploring tech. The teacher doesn't care what you do. Its sweet.

-Dan

Bugalaman

System Name Crap of a OC'er for some reason
Processor C2D 6300 @ 1.83 (Stock)
Motherboard Gigabyte 965P DS3 rev 3.3
Cooling Thermalright Ultra 120
Memory Ballistix 2048MB DDR800
Video Card(s) BBA X1950 Pro
Storage WD Raptor 74Gig
Display(s) Samsung 226BW 22" 1050X1680
Case Antec
Audio Device(s) Integrated, using optical out
Power Supply Antec Neo 430 (I think)
Software Vista Ultimate 32 bit
Benchmark Scores no, i have no want or need to compare penis size here
these are quite old but here they are anyways:

thats my old crappy 17" viewsonic E70F, since then I've upgraded to a Samsung 730B LCD

damn its only my 2nd post :rolleyes: (and lol, I haven't changed my sig since I bought my BFG6800GT over 6 months ago, hahaha)

wazzledoozle

Case Thermaltake Soprano
Software XP Pro
Wow is that video card getting bent down by the ram slots? :eek:
Makes me thing twice about getting a long video card.

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
Ya it looks like it is...can't help the card any. My X800 just clears the ram slots by about 2mm.

-Dan

N

nightelf84

why is the 'Antec' and 'AMD Athlon' inside your case? Does it have a windowed side panel?

Case NZXT
Mouse Logitech G502
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Bugalaman said:
thats my old crappy 17" viewsonic E70F, since then I've upgraded to a Samsung 730B LCD

Hey don't say that! There are people here that actually have the same monitor eh! :mad:
Hehe, but my E70f is still good enough for me at the moment thanks... :p

JALOOS

looks like MSI had a good thought moving the ram on the mobo. Won't get in the way of the longer cards. Now if the nf3 chipset was moved it would be better.

System Name i5Panther
Processor Intel i5 760 @ 4Ghz (Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B)
Motherboard ASUS P7H55
Cooling Front: 1x140mm, Left Side: 1x140mm Right Side: 1x80mm, Rear: 120mm Top: 2x140mm, Bottom: 2x120mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB DC DDR3 PC12800 @1600Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon HD 6950 (Unlocked Shaders, 880/1375)
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 32MB/Wester Digital Caviar Green 1TB 64MB
Display(s) Iiyama E2002WS-B1 20"
Case Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic (Logitech X-530 5.1)
Power Supply Corsair ModXStream Pro 700w
Software Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores P6040 - 3DMark11
U can make ppl believe anything, i once told some person in some gaming lobby that i was @ the CIA main terminal or something similar. and that i could host up to 200 persons on server. ANd he took it for real, afterwards i told it wasnt true, but he thought i was kicked in the arse by my "boss" and wasnt making a joke. Thats what i call: ppl believe anything!

N

nightelf84

Rule-R said:
U can make ppl believe anything, i once told some person in some gaming lobby that i was @ the CIA main terminal or something similar. and that i could host up to 200 persons on server. ANd he took it for real, afterwards i told it wasnt true, but he thought i was kicked in the arse by my "boss" and wasnt making a joke. Thats what i call: ppl believe anything!

huh?

System Name Onus
Display(s) LG W2600H
wazzledoozle said:
Im a freshman in highschool, and I have to take a computer TYPING CLASS. Excel and word all daY!!! So boring. Its easy though, I jsut mess around all week and do all the work on fridays :D

Its really annoying how even our teacher doesnt udnerstand ANYTHING about computers. She calls the computers the CPU's, and when windows gets a BSOD or just freezes, she has gotten to think that that means the mouse is broken!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO :eek:
Ahaha that sucks. My teacher knows a good ammount about software. Mainly just Office though. I respected her at first but by about halfway through the year I found out I knew more than her. So eh, atleast she knows software. She's clueless about hardware though.

I can't wait til Junior year. Computer Tech 1, A+ Certification here I come!!!

Morlak

I never did A+. It wasn't around when I was in school (neither were PCs), or even when I worked on PCs. By the time that cert came out, I had been doing network related work, and started doing Cisco certs instead. I even droped my CNE cert to concentrate on Network certs. I work for Cisco now and do system testing on the BTS10200 SoftSwitch. It's a class 5 voice switch that runs on Sun servers. Have you thought about what you want to do? I knew pretty much when I was 8 years old it would be something in electronics. Got a Amateur Radio licence in 1972 that got me interested in electronics, and that led me to computers, then to networks, and now Voice over IP :)

Case NZXT
Mouse Logitech G502
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Hehe. Strange... I've wanted to be a programmer for 8 years since I was 9 but now I'm going to study Financial Engineering. A bit off course?! :D And I don't think A+ will interest me though. I'm not into much software. I know alot about it, but I don't see the need to have a qualification in basic computing... I'm going to be programming in Java and also do maths in a similar way as an Actuary. But we'll see how it turns out...

Anyway, I've wanted to ask you guys, do you think a blue side fan would destroy my X logo on my PC?? Because that would pretty much then become ".X" or sumthin. Maybe I should keep with a black Stealth fan on the side and blue inside?? Any ideas?

PS. Included a pic in case (no pun intended ;) ) you guys forgot how my case looked :p

Attachments

• Side.JPG
    Side.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 393
System Name Onus
Display(s) LG W2600H
Morlak said:
Have you thought about what you want to do? I knew pretty much when I was 8 years old it would be something in electronics. Got a Amateur Radio licence in 1972 that got me interested in electronics, and that led me to computers, then to networks, and now Voice over IP :)
Something with computers for sure, for awhile I wanted to do something with cars (my other love), but I know a little more in the computer industry and it's booming right now so I figured computers would be the better way to go. I don't know specifically what I'd like to do, but I'm just going to take damn near every computer class my school offers and then see where it takes me. I'd like to work with hardware more than I would software. Dream computer job would probably be working at ATI designing/texting new cards. :D

zAAm said:
Anyway, I've wanted to ask you guys, do you think a blue side fan would destroy my X logo on my PC?? Because that would pretty much then become ".X" or sumthin. Maybe I should keep with a black Stealth fan on the side and blue inside?? Any ideas?

PS. Included a pic in case (no pun intended ;) ) you guys forgot how my case looked :p

Yeah, we should probably get back on topic lol. I vote a tornado fan + fan controller. It would still be black, and it would cool off your video card even more. :) However, if you do want an LED fan, a Tt LED Smart Fan would be a good choice as well. I think either would look good.

Case NZXT
Mouse Logitech G502
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Thanks... I think I'll probably get a black fan though. Might look better? Maybe a Thermoflow or a Tornado. Although I like the silent PC idea (which is why I built my own fan controller to switch between 7V and 12V for each fan) I've never left my fans running at 7V! Dunno why, maybe because my CPU fan makes so much noise anyway... :)

wazzledoozle

Case Thermaltake Soprano
Software XP Pro
wtf8269 said:
Ahaha that sucks. My teacher knows a good ammount about software. Mainly just Office though. I respected her at first but by about halfway through the year I found out I knew more than her. So eh, atleast she knows software. She's clueless about hardware though.

I can't wait til Junior year. Computer Tech 1, A+ Certification here I come!!!
Dont waste your time. Just get a good A+ book. Most of it you wont need to know for the test though. (Or so ive heard form numerous people)

Morlak

zAAm said:
Hehe. Strange... I've wanted to be a programmer for 8 years since I was 9 but now I'm going to study Financial Engineering. A bit off course?! :D And I don't think A+ will interest me though. I'm not into much software. I know alot about it, but I don't see the need to have a qualification in basic computing... I'm going to be programming in Java and also do maths in a similar way as an Actuary. But we'll see how it turns out...

The A+ is for computer hardware. I did programming (C/C++, and Assembler) in graduate school, and didn't want to make a living doing that.

System Name Onus
Display(s) LG W2600H
wazzledoozle said:
Dont waste your time. Just get a good A+ book. Most of it you wont need to know for the test though. (Or so ive heard form numerous people)
I'm just taking the class because it looks like fun. We get to build robots and then take them to competition. The A+ Certification is just a bonus.

System Name Onus
Display(s) LG W2600H
Hey, Morlak, have you done any benches now that you've got your card back? I'll bet that sucker screams. :D

Last edited:
Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
Just got some pics of mine. Friend brang his digital camera over. Got a new PSU on the way and hopefully a new mobo and cpu in the summer.

-Dan

Last edited:

Morlak

wtf8269 said:
Hey, Morlak, have you done any benches now that you've got your card back? I'll bet that sucker screams. :D

I was bored and edited my sig, its fixed now to (soon). He has not even received the card yet, that will not happen until Monday according to Fedex. It means I wont have it back for about 2 weeks. Dont worry, I'll post pics of it and bench it soon after :)