1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

power saving options

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ste2425, Jan 24, 2010.

1. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    well wat i want to do is find a way where my computer will only wake up from sleep if i press the keyboard, now it will wake up if i move the mouse or press a button on it and when im doing uni work im constantly nudging it bringing the computer on when its not needed. So is there a way to stop this? so only my keyboard will bring the computer from its screen saver or wake it up?

2. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    bios might have disable keyboard wake

ste2425 says thanks.
  3. EviLZeD

EviLZeD New Member

Thanks Received:
    In device manager under "mice and other pointing devices" right click your mouse then properties under power management tab uncheck "allow this device to wake the computer" check box.

Hopefully that would work sometimes the mouse buttons are considered keyboard keys I know it is for my g9 they are disabled in the same way but their located under keyboards instead.

ste2425 says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  4. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    the buttons apear to be considered as part of the keyboard on mine too but ive disabled the chek box as you said an moving the mouse no longer wakes my rig so problem solved thanks:toast: