• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Powercolor < best technical software to date.

They did it. Holyy fuk the difference is literally day and fking night. Guess what im talking about guys !

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Im not going to try so cut the suspense crap and tell us.

Also I helped you get a sapphire card running recently.

Last edited:
Im not going to try so cut the suspense crap and tell us.

Also I helped you get a sapphire card running recently.

Powercolor got pure dos flasher for newest cards for 5600xt on their site (works with modern cards too i guess) :D Huuuge stability improvement over shty windows tools . I can tell by how smooth things became after this method of flashing. It feels like im using different card right now after using it compared to windows flasher.

Probably ranking :

1.spi flasher
2.dos flasher
6. windows flasher

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Powercolor got pure dos flasher for newest cards for 5600xt on their site (works with modern cards too i guess) :D Huuuge stability improvement over shty windows tools . I can tell by how smooth things became after this method of flashing. It feels like im using different card right now after using it compared to windows flasher.

Probably ranking :

1.spi flasher
2.dos flasher
6. windows flasher

So it's a separate file in their bios update package that is extractable?

And are you telling me the tool works on other companies cards besides powercolor?

So it's a separate file in their bios update package that is extractable?

And are you telling me the tool works on other companies cards besides powercolor?

Im telling you that techpowerup had last release of atiflash in pure dos mode from 2013 AFTER 7 YEARS we got dos flasher that performs so much better than windows ones on powercolor download page. Its like atiflash.exe just you cant run it under windows you have to make bootable usb ( i used freedos ) and flash from there.

Here in thread called
AMD/ATI Flashing Guide

You have (4.17 as of writing R9 compatible) from 2013 latest dos flasher and powercolor has this updated on their website.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Ok so it works with cards other than the Power Color, like it works with sapphire, asus etc?

Ati Winflash was made for the technically challenged.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Ati Winflash was made for the technically challenged.

It was made because DOS flashing isn't going to be a sure thing forever. UEFI was supposed to kick all that to the curb, but I have a feeling CSM compatability will be harder to kill than the floppy drive was.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
It was made because DOS flashing isn't going to be a sure thing forever. UEFI was supposed to kick all that to the curb, but I have a feeling CSM compatability will be harder to kill than the floppy drive was.
And CSM is a great thing tbh. My motherboard I left it on, doesnt give a performance hit at all and can be left on for any OS.

Cmd is an extension of dos along with powershell too.

Idc if its dos or uefi shell all but not os ! My performance skyrocket after flashing from dos like i knew itll improve a lot but it imporved it even harder. Why is flashing from windows even allowed? As far as motherboards they say that flashing under windows is insta failure or instability . I mean you can do it but it is no match for dos/uefi flashing. I mean this guide "AMD/ATI Flashing Guide " is telling how it is :
"if you decide to not heed this warning and flash via windows anyway and totally scramble your GPUs brains I have a section for that but not sympathy. In Fact I will probably publicly shame you. "

All i can tell is that @Solaris17 knows his shit about flashing amd cards.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Link to tool?

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Idc if its dos or uefi shell all but not os ! My performance skyrocket after flashing from dos like i knew itll improve a lot but it imporved it even harder. Why is flashing from windows even allowed? As far as motherboards they say that flashing under windows is insta failure or instability . I mean you can do it but it is no match for dos/uefi flashing. I mean this guide "AMD/ATI Flashing Guide " is telling how it is :
"if you decide to not heed this warning and flash via windows anyway and totally scramble your GPUs brains I have a section for that but not sympathy. In Fact I will probably publicly shame you. "

Dude i think you have a placebo effect, also drivers are recommended for reinstall after a bios flash.

Yet i helped you get the sapphire card working correctly with a verified bios and attempted to restore a screwed up asus card.

Dude i think you have a placebo effect, also drivers are recommended for reinstall after a bios flash.

I mean fps count is the same no matter what flashing method is used . So in that meaning of performance nothing changed. The thing is my testing method is a game. I feel how smooth my movement is and how fast i can react/respond ( input lag plays role here). Before flashing ( windows method) i feeled delayed like something is off after using dos my scores improved radically because i can feel more in touch with a game. Math is the opposite of placebo or imagination and numbers dont lie . I did not change anything other than flashing method ( same bios files ) from windows and dos. And after flashing from dos everything runs smoother even tho fps count is the same which is proven by much better scores. ( again you could use camera and count freezes,spikes after flashing from windows and smoothness from dos but im too lazy to do this.)

#edit

Yes thats good that you help people its appreciated but you did not write guide like he did and you did not point dos flashing as beeing valuable and as far as i remember you said its comparable with windows method nowdays . Thats what i meant by praising @Solaris17 and thats what your edit comment might suggest .

Its a good community , good luck and thanks for effort.

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
I mean... either a flash is good, or a flash is bad. It's not going to change your performance. Most bioses these days execute a basic checksum, so it literally can't be different. It just wouldn't work. The only difference comes from flashing a different file, not flashing the same file with a different tool or method.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
I mean fps count is the same no matter what flashing method is used . So in that meaning of performance nothing changed. The thing is my testing method is a game. I feel how smooth my movement is and how fast i can react/respond ( input lag plays role here). Before flashing ( windows method) i feeled delayed like something is off after using dos my scores improved radically because i can feel more in touch with a game. Math is the opposite of placebo or imagination and numbers dont lie . I did not change anything other than flashing method ( same bios files ) from windows and dos. And after flashing from dos everything runs smoother even tho fps count is the same which is proven by much better scores. ( again you could use camera and count freezes,spikes after flashing from windows and smoothness from dos but im too lazy to do this.)

#edit

Yes thats good that you help people its appreciated but you did not write guide like he did and you did not point dos flashing as beeing valuable and as far as i remember you said its comparable with windows method nowdays . Thats what i meant by praising @Solaris17 and thats what your edit comment might suggest .

Its a good community , good luck and thanks for effort.

Erm wrong, most lack competency here to do it in DOS, there is a command line flash procedure I use for users changing the subsystem IDs of RX 5700s to XT specs.

And Most here that it works in Ati Winflash never had a problem with it.

I mean... either a flash is good, or a flash is bad. It's not going to change your performance. Most bioses these days execute a basic checksum, so it literally can't be different. It just wouldn't work. The only difference comes from flashing a different file, not flashing the same file with a different tool or method.

Exactly my point.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
And Most here that it works in Ati Winflash never had a problem with it.

Yeah it was back in the old days that it was really bad. A lot of guides are old and still assume that.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Yeah it was back in the old days that it was really bad. A lot of guides are old and still assume that.

Thats why there is a really good video in my sig and some bookmarks for command prompt flash procedures.

Im not trying to convince any1 here im happy that it helped me and want to share what my experience is after switching from windows mode to dos !

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
All i can say is if you buy another gpu after that sapphire card which was used like the asus card BUY a brand new card.

All i can say is if you buy another gpu after that sapphire card which was used like the asus card BUY a brand new card.

Thread of my asus card is closed. I did not buy card i got it from "manufacturer warranty" as a replacement. My previous asus was not used i was trying to find original vbios to it and dos flasher which was not available at the time . Thanks for vbios file suggestions tho.

And to topic :

If you lift 50 kg for a month and then after 1 change u suddenly lift 200 kg. This is analogy to dos flasher so no1 will convice me that its different, placebo or whatever you could literally record it with high fps camera that dos flash made card work so much better than windows flash ! I understand that for casual users if screen is not black it means flash went good but thats not all. Exact same vbios files were flashed in windows/dos. Fps the same, performance gap in how game works ( i would say something adds input lag after windows flash )

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Thread of my asus card is closed. I did not buy card i got it from "manufacturer warranty" as a replacement. My previous asus was not used i was trying to find original vbios to it and dos flasher which was not available at the time . Thanks for vbios file suggestions tho.

And to topic :

If you lift 50 kg for a month and then after 1 change u suddenly lift 200 kg. This is analogy to dos flasher so no1 will convice me that its different, placebo or whatever you could literally record it with high fps camera that dos flash made card work so much better than windows flash ! I understand that for casual users if screen is not black it means flash went good but thats not all. Exact same vbios files were flashed in windows/dos. Fps the same, performance gap in how game works ( i would say something adds input lag after windows flash )

W/e floats your boat.

/thread

From objective standpoint of view i can say that after reading some tutorials ,arctiles and so on those stand out the most @Tatty_One @Solaris17 and @W1zzard. Thats where i get most knowledge from and got my card running so well right now