• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Prime 95 Version

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
This is an old thread so the OP can be ignored as I don't see the point in starting a new thread

This test was just conducted on the DDR2 platform

I just being playing around with Prime95/memory modules slots in-order to understand why one or two CPU cores will stop "when overclocking" & this is what I've found out.

At a given voltage the best quality memory module must sit in the furthest slot away from the CPU, while the worst memory module must sit in the nearest slot to the CPU when using more than two sticks of memory. This made a complete clear difference if it's to pass Prime95 without one or two CPU cores stopping. In-order to determine which sticks are the best (in-order) they must be tested in dual channel mode (two sticks) in the furthest two slots away from the CPU & overclock as far as you can until it starts to hit errors. Find the two fastest sticks "in dual channel mode"out of four or more sticks. Voltage/Timings must remain the same for all matching memory sticks.

.EDIT: The reason for testing two memory modules in the two furthest slots away from the CPU is it will trigger more errors due to the distance in trace layout away from the CPU. These errors are real & genuine & can be detected with hardware memory tester regardless of which slot is used.

Last edited: