• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Privacy Focused DuckDuckGo Search Engine Surpasses 100 Million Daily Searches

Very true. The first re-innovative search engine that produces results like Google did 15 years ago will ride a massive wave of money. Today all Google shows you is what CNN, Walmart and Hollywood studios want you to unless you use extremely specific keywords.
I have to agree. There is no real discovery of new and interesting websites anymore. Heck, I remember Newegg being way past page 3 of results back then when I was searching for computer parts. Can you imagine them trying to get off the ground today? You would never find them. I used to go back 15+ pages of results and wow, the shear variety of websites compared to essentially same-ish results of today is staggering. Some people like to argue that it's better because you get your results more directly/quickly but I find searches much more boring today and feel like I'm missing a HUGE chunk of available info, stores, news, gaming, etc that should be out there but is hidden.