• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problem with ASUS ROG STRIX RX 570 4GB Gaming [BIOS]

doobrila

Hi all,
I got ASUS ROG STRIX RX 570 from friend, GPU was bricked. I have tried all bioses from the site (verified and unverified), and bout 4h of seaking I have found one that make my GPU give screen (right now I am typing form this GPU), but right now I have other problem.

My problems are :
1. in device manager I got Error 43
2. GPU-Z shows crazy reports
rogstrix 570-1.png

rogstrix 570-2.png

3. why is GPU and Memory clock 0MHz, Pixel and Texture Fillrate Unknown ?

When I test this gpu in benchmark it bearly show 1FPS.

EDIT :
On GPU i have two stickers
1. ROG-STRIX-RX570-4G-GAMING 171759-02356 YV0AJ1-A44
2. ROG-STRIX-RX570-4G-GAMING (SERIAL NUMBER: HCYVCM136352)

Please help, I am trying to fix this for two days (don't have money right now for new one)

Also what friend told me, he tried to put BIOS from MSI card becouse he couldn't use AfterBurner propertly with ASUS ROG strix Bios... after he installed the MSI BIOS he bricked the GPU, so how I installed this bios first I tried with iGPU from BIOS but black screen stoped me every time. When I unplug 8pin connector, windows starts but not recognised GPU in Device manager niether Atiflash.exe. So last time what I did (and that worked for me), unplug 8pins from GPU and turn on PC, when Bios screen shows quick connect 8pin in GPU and after that system recognise GPU and I did just flash (atiflash.exe -f -p 0 (biosname).rom) and it worked.

I hope this will help someone.

EDIT
More info :
rogstrix 570-3.png

Please fell free to ask for more informations, Thank you.

Last edited:

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
Take the PC outside, open the case, and remove all the dust with air blower or hair dryer with a cold setting.

Remove the graphics card and blow some air in the x16 PCI express slot.

Carefully remove the heatsink from the graphics card and clean the fans with a toothbrush.

Clean the graphic cards with isopropyl alcohol and cotton swabs. Especially the GPU area and PCIe pins.

Check which memory chips are used. Write down the brand and model.

When you're done, reapply thermal paste on the GPU, remount the heatsink, plug it back in.

Try BIOSes from other vendors and reference AMD for RX 570 4GB that support the memory on the card.

doobrila

Hi, Thank you for fast response, memory is Hynix. Already cleaned MOBO and GPU with air and alcohol.

Hi, sorry for long delay.
This is what happened :
Gigabyte G1 gaming RX 570 bios - no screen at all

MSI Bios :
rogstrix 570-MIS.png

after reinstalling drivers error 43

Sapphire:
rogstrix 570-Sapphire.png

error 43 also

XFX :
rogstrix 570-xfx.png

I want to emphasize that after every reflashing I use atikmdag-patcher and then reinstall driver.

What can I do next ?

as I can see from every picture, GPU Power Draw, VDDC Power Draw, VDDCI Power Draw, VRM Efficiency have same value, also Clocks and Fillrates are same (Unknown)

Also I forgot to mention, I am using testing PC with Celeron G1850 2.9Ghz (socket 1150), 8GB of DDR 3, PSU 750W Thermaltake. Can processor block GPU ?

Last edited:

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
Maybe the card is just defective. BIOS flash isn't a magic cute to all problems.

doobrila

Thank you for response, my Friend was using this card for gaming and card was good untill he decided to flash bios (on ASUS ROG STRIX he flashes MSI). After flashing he bricked card (black screen) and he gave it to me, I flashed the BIOS (not orginal because I can not found the orginal one, but same vendor). All time what I think is maybe orginal bios for this card will work fine and is problem maybe with atikmdag-patcher ?

If someone can provide me with orginal I will appriciate that, on Techpower I could not find the right one for ROG-STRIX-RX570-4G-GAMING 171759-02356 YV0AJ1-A44

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
Thank you for response, my Friend was using this card for gaming and card was good untill he decided to flash bios (on ASUS ROG STRIX he flashes MSI). After flashing he bricked card (black screen) and he gave it to me, I flashed the BIOS (not orginal because I can not found the orginal one, but same vendor). All time what I think is maybe orginal bios for this card will work fine and is problem maybe with atikmdag-patcher ?

If someone can provide me with orginal I will appriciate that, on Techpower I could not find the right one for ROG-STRIX-RX570-4G-GAMING 171759-02356 YV0AJ1-A44

He flashed a wrong BIOS, instead of fixing it himself, he gave it away. Sounds like your friend is trolling you.

doobrila

Thank you for BIOS I will try now to flash it, @Regeneration, I dont think so becouse he buy rx5700 becouse he couldn't get back bios (he do not want to try anything that will stress him, and I love to work with hardware) and he gave me this as gift to try repair it for my self. Thank you, anyway.

Last edited:
System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Flashing with a different BIOS is risky, flashing with a BIOS from a completely different manufacturer is braindead (much like your friend). If the BIOS that Caring1 provided doesn't fix things, then likely the MSI BIOS has killed the card.

doobrila

:ohwell: this bios didn't work... will linux help me instead of Windows ? Last hope refllow RAM if that didnt work I will record video how to hammer rx 570 ROG STRIX, :D

System Name Alienation from family
Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard Hero VIII
Cooling Macho revB
Memory 16gb Hyperx
Video Card(s) Asus 1080ti Strix OC
Storage 960evo 500gb
Display(s) AOC 4k
Case Define R2 XL
Power Supply Be f*ing Quiet 600W M Gold
Mouse NoName
Keyboard NoNameless HP
Software You have nothing on me
Benchmark Scores Personal record 100m sprint: 60m
The elephant in the room is: does he have peace of mind with radeon 5700?

doobrila

If he use that card like RX 570, I will be here again asking for help about 5700 :D

Card did not survived, thanks everyone for help. I will soon post video on youtube if you want to se how does look like this p. Of s. Hammered... 3 days repairing for about 13h each day and nothing, stress therapy.