• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problem with KODAK Easyshare in a limited account

dagwood387

thanks for the reply-

I did change myself to an "administrator" but it STILL doesnt recognize me as such when the window you show there pops up- when I clicked in "the following user" part, my name was the only one there (but I have no idea what the password might be that youre supposed to type in there anyways)

dagwood387

lol nevermind- maybe I had to wait a bit for it to take effect or something- it's letting me remove it now- THANK YOU!!

FLMommy

I am sorry to resurrect this post, but I just found this site (yay for google) and this topic specifically.

Yesterday I tried downloading the pics on my EasyShae C643 and the "cannot find the devive" type of window popped up. I installed new batteries into the camera just in case they were drained.

I did nothing different in the downloading process and just went about it like I always do, so why get this error?

I am logging onto Windows the same way, and the ONLY thing I can think of that's different is that my ISP (Cox Communications) changed their security software (on my pc) to MacAfee a few weeks ago.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong? This is so strange...

Thanks in advance.

Tan DJ

Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+
Motherboard Abit AN52 nVidia NF 520 HT2000 Socket AM2 Motherboard
Cooling Stock cooler, 1 rear 120cm fan, 1 front 120cm fan 1 side 80cm fan
Memory DDR2 4G(2x2G)PC6400 800Mhz Heatspreader G.Skill
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
Storage SAMSUNG SP0802N 80Gb, 2 X Seagate SATAII NCQ 500GB 7200RPM 32mb Cache(ST3500320AS) - RAID1 (mobo)
Display(s) Benq FP72G
Case Thermaltake - Soprano
Power Supply Antec EarthWatts 650w
Software Windows XP Pro SP3
Benchmark Scores 3dMark6 - 4661
Sorry for taking so long to reply, but it's been a little while since I've been on this forum.

I gave up trying to use Kodak easy share software for downloading/managing my photos.

I now use Adobe Photoshop Album Starter edition.

The only problem I have with it is that when I am using the scanner on my Epson Stylus PHOTO RX510, I have to exit the Adobe Photo Downloader. Otherwise the scanner doesn't work.

Regards,
Tan DJ