• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problem with SuperAntiSpyware. Help please. :)

Hey guys I just recovered from a problem I was having. My email account was hacked and I had to recover it. I BSOD on a reboot after that, I was worried that something had gone wrong. I scanned my computer with AVG, SuperAntiSpyware and Malware Bytes. SAS found a virus.funlove with I was able to remove, and it also found the usual 80-90 adware.tracking cookie. I removed the virus as well as all the cookies, I then scanned a 2nd time to check and it found a group of 12 adware.tracking cookie. I removed those, rebooted and scanned again, and those same 12 came back again. I've also manually deleted them and rebooted and again, they keep re-appearing. The cookies are located in a Microsoft\Windows folder, are they normal and re-created every time windows is booted? The scan log is below.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 07/07/2012 at 09:07 PM

Application Version : 5.1.1002

Core Rules Database Version : 8862
Trace Rules Database Version: 6674

Scan type : Quick Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:00:51

Operating System Information
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Service Pack 1 (Build 6.01.7601)
UAC Off - Administrator

Memory items scanned : 639
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 54355
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 10542
File threats detected : 12

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Users\Anthony\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\XKKAX1R1.txt [ /at.atwola.com ]
C:\Users\Anthony\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\4EMTT8PI.txt [ /advertising.com ]
C:\Users\Anthony\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\0KZNSXPR.txt [ /cdn.at.atwola.com ]
C:\Users\Anthony\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\QCYPZTM5.txt [ /atwola.com ]
C:\Users\Anthony\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\SBO9NX7J.txt [ /tacoda.at.atwola.com ]
C:\Users\Anthony\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Y6MH5R1U.txt [ /ar.atwola.com ]
C:\USERS\ANTHONY\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\D3R0KB0T.txt [ Cookie:anthony@adsonar.com/adserving ]
C:\USERS\ANTHONY\Cookies\XKKAX1R1.txt [ Cookie:anthony@at.atwola.com/ ]
C:\USERS\ANTHONY\Cookies\4EMTT8PI.txt [ Cookie:anthony@advertising.com/ ]
C:\USERS\ANTHONY\Cookies\0KZNSXPR.txt [ Cookie:anthony@cdn.at.atwola.com/ ]
C:\USERS\ANTHONY\Cookies\SBO9NX7J.txt [ Cookie:anthony@tacoda.at.atwola.com/ ]
C:\USERS\ANTHONY\Cookies\D3R0KB0T.txt [ Cookie:anthony@adsonar.com/adserving ]

I just want to make sure these are not any part of the virus that I've removed and would like to clarify if these seem to be normal or not. No matter what I do, they keep coming back everytime I boot into windows. Looking for a helpful response, thanks guys! :)

Doing a little research I found that atwola.com is linked to all AOL products. Everytime I boot into windows, AOL Instant Messenger is automatically loaded. That would explain why these cookies are created everytime I scan after a reboot. They must be coming from that :)

Last edited:

SolvedThis

This worked for me.

English is not my native language so please grammar nazi's leave me alone.

Whenever I scanned my pc/ laptop, the adware. tracking cookies kept returning. It doesn't matter how may times you try SAS won't delete them.

(I use Firefox as browser)

This is what I did:
I Installed CCleaner and analysed/ scanned and removed/ cleaned everything on my pc. After that I installed a plugin called Cookie Monster.

After all this I scanned my pc again with SAS and the cookies were gone.

Hope this was helpful.

Processor INTEL CORE I9-9900K @ 5Ghz all core 4.7Ghz Cache @1.305 volts
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX
Cooling CORSAIR HYDRO H150I PRO RGB 360MM 6x120mm fans push pull
Memory CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3000Mhz 4x8 32gb @ 4000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORECE RTX 2080 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Case BLACK LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC XL FULL-TOWER GAMING CASE,
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
If you are windows 7 then you have an option in IE to not allow tracking cookies. Also as stated above try CCleaner for the removal of tracking cookies, but be advised you will need to resign into all the internet stuff in IE after removing them.

SolvedThis

What??

I am using Dell laptop with Internet and every time I go with the downloads, I am using windows 2007 where it is not supporting all the softwares while downloading it showing the process and getting virus files due to this some times the files are getting hangover after clearing the virus files I can able to see Instant cookies while surfing my laptop. At last I went to service center as to clear the virus from my laptop. Due to virus recovery my laptop is working good without any interruptions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is really hard to understand. To be honest I just don't understand the problem you're having.
Windows 2007 xD that's kind of funny but it's just Windows 7
What software are you using to get rid of the virus?

But I have some tips though:
Install Anti-malwareBytes (It's free), SUPERAntiSpyware (Free version), CCleaner (Free software) and maybe AVG virus scanner. Scan your laptop with this individually.
After that I'd recommend installing firefox so you can install an addon called Cookie Monster.

I hope this was helpful.