• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problems flashing 8800 bios

I am trying to flash the bioses of my two evga 8800 gts 640 cards. I have a bootable flash drive with the latest nvflash on it and my cards bios. i type "nvflash bios.rom"(i changed extension from .bin-.rom from the one i downloaded to work around another error) and i get a message saying "I/O ERROR: Cannot open file: bios.rom"

Also is it possible to flash these cards when they are both in the system or will i need to do them on at a time?

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok, does that mean i will have to take one of the cards out of the system to flash? Also would this be the cause of the message i am getting?

Thanks

Yes you have to flash the cards individually, meaning, take one out then flash the one in your computer then when your done flashing that one, take it out and put in the other one and repeat. And on the I/O Error, try a different floppy and see if that works.

Thanks for the reply, i am using a bootable flash drive with the bios on it could that be the problem? I will try with a floppy

i was not using a floppy since i need a 4pin-floppy power adapter for it, but ill try to rewire things.

That is what I used to format the drive. Unfortunately my mobo died so I won't be able to flash my cards for awhile. I will let you know how it goes.

Ahhh, I was wondering what happened, you hadn't reported back in a while. Yeah, when you get your motherboard back, let me know how it goes.