• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problems with a modded X800pro vivo (16 pipes)

GazC

In the search of an ever higher number in 3Dmark '01. I took my PC out into the garage to take advantage of the cold air to get the water temps right down and to take advantage of lower ambient temps.

So I set it up and started trying to benchmark it. Now almost everytime I started the benchmark the PC would power down and would require the PSU to be reset before it powered up, as if OIP was kicking in. This never happened when the PC was indoors and I was wondering if the lower temps could be affecting something. I've already fired off an e-mail to PCP&C to see if there is a problem with the PSU. But I'm wondering if the graphics card could be a problem too (hopefully Viper John will see this, I could do with the help of an ATi god!).

The Graphics card is a Powercolor X800Pro Vivo which I successfully modded to 16 pipes and then Pencil modded, which I redid when I fitted water cooling (very good water cooling might I add).
The voltages on the card currently stand at GPU @ 1.9v, VDD @ 2.15v and VDDQ @ 2.2v. The card ran fine like this in doors at 687/642 with a lot of air flow over it caused by the suction from the radiator fans. I also reduced the OIP resistance to 26kohms.

ATi tool was indicating a temp of 6/9 degrees C when I was trying to bench, so it was very cold. I've not heard of ATi cards being adversley affected by temps like that before (especially when people cascade them without problems), but I'm out of ideas and cannot discount anything. If anyone has any ideas, please help.

Thanks.

Processor I7 4770k
Motherboard ASUS z87 pro
Cooling Corsair a50
Memory 4x4 gig Gskil aries ddr3 1866
Video Card(s) Gigabyte r280x windforce
Storage intel 520 120 gig ssd
Display(s) 24 inch Asus IPS
Case Cool Master
Audio Device(s) realtek onboard
Power Supply hiper 880
Software win 7 ult
You make sure you dont have a power problem in the garage? Should be able to run it outside in 0 temps, i do mine. ALLEN