• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problems with AtiTool .26 and Ati AIW x800xt

BigJohn82

Processor Intel i7 860 2.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P7P55D LE
Cooling Nothing special
Memory 4GB DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) Power Color Radeon HD 4870 1GB
Storage 1TB
Display(s) 22" Acer Widescreen
Case Cooler Master 310
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply 700w crap psu
Software Vista Home Premium 64 (til 7 is sent to me)
Recently my x800gto agp card died on me, so I replaced it for the time being with an aiw x800xt (just until I build a new system) and ive been experiencing problems using atitool now. With my old card when I would open up the 3d cube window, it would report my fps being in the 200s. When I overclocked that card you could see the increase in the fps in the cube window. However, now with my new card when I open the 3d cube window I get around 18-20 fps BUT if I open it up over the top of a webpage it increases to 170-190 fps range and if I do it while having a game open sometimes it will show in the 200s. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it hoping it was just a bug but nothings changed. Ive also had my system lock up while scanning for artifacts several times when theres no reason for it to. Does anyone have any idea whats going on with it? Should I try to new beta and see if that helps at all? Any help would be greatly appreciate since at this point the only thing atitool is good for is watching my temps and controlling my fan speed.

Thanks
John

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
I do remember if my AA and AF was set high in CCC that it would cause the low framerate in the cube.

BigJohn82

Processor Intel i7 860 2.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P7P55D LE
Cooling Nothing special
Memory 4GB DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) Power Color Radeon HD 4870 1GB
Storage 1TB
Display(s) 22" Acer Widescreen
Case Cooler Master 310
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply 700w crap psu
Software Vista Home Premium 64 (til 7 is sent to me)
Sweet, after going into CCC and setting them all to application controlled, it now is reporting the high fps. However, do you have any idea what would cause the system to lockup on occasion while scanning for artifacts? Its not like im way overclocking my card, but for whatever reason it locks up from time to time and did right before I posted about these problems.

Thanks for the help!
John