• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problems with MSI 7900GTO

SrBurns

First sorry about my english, I'm from Spain hehe :)

Well, I've got a Core 2 Duo E6300, Asus P5B-VM (mATX) and MSI 7900GTO.

I've formated the HD and installed Windows XP SP2. I've installed all the drivers and I've test some different versions of NVIDIA drivers and the problem persists. The problem is when I run Aquamark, 3DMark (any version) or some GPU Benchmark program, the screens get freezed for 5-15 seconds when de benchmark starts, and then continue. I put an image of AquaMark3 for you to see the problem. As you can see, in the part 2, the screen gets stopped and time still count, soy the average frame rate is going down. In 3DMark 2005 I get 6500 points, terrible beacuse normally with 7900GTO is 9000-10500... And i don't know what to do :( THe voltages, temperatures and conections are all ok... :S

slicksickwilly

Processor Intel coreI7 930
Motherboard asus t6p delux
Cooling Cyberpower 240mm Liquid cooling
Memory 6 gb Corsair Dominators
Video Card(s) ATI 5870
Storage 3xwd 750gb
Display(s) samsung 204b 20.1"Samsung 22"
Case Corsair Obsidian 800 full tower
Audio Device(s) Creative XFI
Power Supply Corsair 850w
Software XP vista Win7
Run memtest to eliminate ram as cause..
Run prime 95 for hours to make sure system is stable..
Try all diff drivers and if the problem still exists and you passed all of the above...you probably have a bad card..

SrBurns

I ran memtest86 without problems. One thing it's very rare is that I formated the HD and install all and without problems running benchmarks and anything. But i went to the MB bios and changue the memory from "Auto" to "DDRII-667" and then return to freeze the graphic card. So I put it in the bios at DDR Auto again but still have the problem. Is something very incredibly u_U