1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Programming C

Discussion in 'Programming & Webmastering' started by LORD_OF_WAR, Jan 30, 2009.

1. LORD_OF_WAR

LORD_OF_WAR New Member

Thanks Received:
    I need help with programming C, please. all i need right now is an IDE to use. as far as i know, there is no Microsoft Visual for C, only C# and C++ Anything that comes with a compiler would be great.

regards,

L_O_W

2. blobster21

blobster21

Thanks Received:
    as your profil says, keep "H4><0RR1NG 1N2 TEH 4-RAMMS" and you will suceed eventually :roll:

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Why do you want C per se? If it's for school or something use whatever they use?

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. qamulek

qamulek New Member

Thanks Received:
    I thought C++ was an extension of C? So grab that C++ compiler and ignore anything C++ related and just use C. Thats what I pretty much do since C does anything I want to do at this time. I use visual studio and have used the regular console application project, and it is pretty much just like djgpp or the other freeware compilers[ide's? i forget since its been awhile] just without the setup hassle. If your a student visual studio is reasonably priced, but if not then the standard addition is a bit much to swallow[especially considering I program for fun not profit] x.x

Have fun learning C :toast:

LORD_OF_WAR says thanks.
  5. LORD_OF_WAR

LORD_OF_WAR New Member

Thanks Received:

Ok, heres da thang:

the Microsoft Visual C++ does not allow you to create a .C file, only .CPP, so that is why i need something else . . . .

6. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    You have to go into the project build settings to change the compiler from C++ to C. The extension really doesn't matter.

In Visual Studio 2008:
    Project -> Properties -> Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> Advanced -> Compile As: Compile as C Code (/TC)

The file extensions really don't matter. If you want, you can just rename all the .cpp files to .c.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. LORD_OF_WAR

LORD_OF_WAR New Member

Thanks Received:
    problem solvered, thanks for the help!!!

8. GearUp New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, Lord of wars the best probably for C is probably GNU IDE on windows and dos. This is free opensource and comes with gcc compiler. But you need to download some extra libraries before you can use.
    Go to this site for details:

http://gcc.gnu.org/