Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Jhelms, Oct 28, 2012.
Passed 5ghz last night just by a hair. And squeezed in the ram timings a bit more.
Nice! Hows the temps at 5GHz?
Ugly! Had to push her close to 1.6V just to hit 5ghz stable. Temps were pushing 70-72C during a prime run for testing. This cooler does not have it in it to go that far. Plenty stable to run benchmarks though. I like it much better at 1.5V and 4.8ghz... past that she is a voltage pig.
Recon Works Decent
Few updates.. Changed to an H80I, Added an ASUS BR drive, went from the R0 to a single neutron 240GB drive.. About it right now
alright, this is my first post on the forums (hi guys), and I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but this setup has to be the best-looking fit on a corsair 300r that I can find on the internet, so I couldn't help but register. just have a few questions with your setup, though, since I'll most likely be going after something similar to this one:
1. obviously the h80/h80i won't fit with a push-pull setup, so did you do push or pull on the h80/h80i?
2. did you use 120mm or 140mm fans for the top panel? and if you used 120mm, do you think dual 140mms on the top panel would fit with that radiator?
3. did you have to modify the 300r in any way to make anything fit?
anyway, your setup is awesome, thanks a bunch for posting this
Hello, Much appreciated
- Actually the 2nd fan for the push / pull was located outside the back of the chassis. I used long bolts to secure both fans and the radiator together in a sandwich to the case. That was the only way to fit it all in the 300R. The only mod besides the hardware was the rear fan grill had to be removed. Just snipped it out as it would hit the fan.
- The top fans were 120mm, 140mm would not clear the motherboard.
oh, so you had to remove the back grill.. I see.. hmm so if I ran the h80i with just 1 fan, you think I'd be able to fit 2 120mms on the top panel?
What fans are you using in the top are they intake or exhaust
Did not see this necro post lol they were exhaust and they were corsair fans. Looking forward to a totally new build here in the next few months!
Separate names with a comma.