• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Project: Cooler Master HLF 932

evoted

Hello, this is my first major modding case i have done so far, i did some modding to my CM 690 but that was a mess i did not really plan or knew what i wanted to do, i just started cutting, but now i did take my time, did some thinking, read a lot of the existing worklogs here and couple other forums and well here is how it's going so far.

The HAF has been rename to HLF since i took all the fans is no longer High Air Flow, it will be High Liquid Flow :D

I forgot to take pictures of the case when i got it so i just found some and here is the Cooler Master HAF 932.

Side view

Front view

After about 365481 rivets as you can see here

Here it is naked

I was not able to find anywhere in this town Self Etching primer, i went to all the hardware stores that i know here in town and none of them had it so i had to go with the normal primer, but trust me you want to get the Self Etching if you are going to pain aluminum.

Here are couple pictures as i was applying some primer, i think i did 3 - 4 coats.

The plan is to mounting the PA 120.2 on top/inside with 2 YL mediums on pull config but since the spacing on the TC are different the holes on the mesh would not work, so the mesh has to come out and replace it with an aluminum sheet with fan holes.

The problem is, i can't just cut the mesh i also need to but that bump or whatever you want to call it and make the surface flat in order for me to install the replacement sheet.

I can't remember what gauge i got, but i want it to be a bit thick for it to not bow once i get the rad install.

Here is the top section before the mesh gets cut out.

And here it is after i cut it out.

So that's the plan with that.

This is it for now with the top section...any thoughts ?

The side panel for the case is going to be replace too, what i decided to do is to cut the mesh out, remove the little window and on top of the panel either use some JB weld or use screws to attach the sheet to the panel. (Thanks to MKmods his idea)

If i do screws is more to make it exchangeable, if i want a new window design then take the one i got off and replace it.

I said aluminum because the thinnest metal sheet that i found was 2 times heavier then the case it self, so i went with aluminum and it is a lot thinner and a lot lighter. I need it to be 20.5" x 19.75". I had already gotten the metal sheet but damn that thing was heavy, but i have a new idea for it now ;) but that will come after i am 100% done with this.

Side panel before cutting

And Side panel before cutting

Side panel after some dremel and jigsaw.

The HDD vent is gone just in case i decide to do a little window or add a fan or do something, i am still thinking about it.

I had a design already cut for the side panel, it is already cut and has couple coats but i didn't like it, i went to far down with the window, so i need to get another sheet and do another design maybe just a square or something, i don't know yet. I just got ahead of my self and started cutting. I did some sanding to help the primer.

I ordered today some stuff for the project so, i have to wait on that.

I hope you guys like it so far.

I will continue to update.

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
Good job so far, I'll love to see the final setup.

What parts are you throwing in it?

evoted

as of right now i am only transfering my current setup, which is good old E6750 with Fuzion V2 + i just ordered EVGA 260 216 + EK full cover + TC PA 120.2. ill be using a pair yates on pull config.

evoted

Done painting with Flat Black, i wonder why Krylon discontinued Semi-Flat Black.

Done mounting the top sheet for the rad.

System Name Serenity
Processor Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Hero
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight II SD1283
Memory 16GB Kingston DDR3
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB
Storage 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSDs, RAID0
Display(s) 2x 27" Samsung curved
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1
Power Supply Thermaltake 1200w
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Looking really good. Subscribed.

h3llb3nd4

System Name My mobo is Laughing at me
Processor E7400
Motherboard P5KPL-E Bios flashed to 0601 (Piece of poo!!)
Cooling Thermalright Ultra 120a
Memory GENERIC 2 GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) NONE!! Beat that!!
Storage 500GB SAMSUNG SATAII, 250GB SAMSUNG SATAII and o'l crappy 4gb maxtor
Display(s) ACER X223W Q
Case AEROCOOL ZERODEGREE (planning to mod)
Audio Device(s) REALTEK ONBOARD
Power Supply GIGABYTE 460W
Software Win 7 x86 build 7022
Benchmark Scores Super Pi 1m 17.000 :(
I like where you are going! Keep up the good work!

ghost28

System Name REDRUM
Processor AMD Phenom2 x4 940 Black
Motherboard ASUS M4A79 Deluxe
Cooling Cooler Master V8 and NZXT Sentry Fan controller
Memory 8gb OCZ Gold DDR2 1066
Video Card(s) 2-HIS 4870 Radeon 512mb running Crossfire
Storage 4-WD Caviar Blue 640s running Raid 10
Display(s) ASUS 24"
Case Cooler Master HAF 932
Audio Device(s) On Board for now
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 (crossfire Edition)
Software Windows XP Pro 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores None yet....hope to do this within a few weeks after i get my surgery and have to stay home doing no
looks great...i have a HAF and i was looking at it the other day to see what was needed to pull it apart to paint the inside black....i may just have to do that soon....