• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Project Log] Project Hyacinthum by FlowMods

FlowMods

Hi all!

My name is Filippo aka "FlowMods" and I am an italian modder! This is the first post here for me :D

I am starting this 2018 with a new project :D

Based on a CT eSports Galaxy, "Project Hyacinthum" will be based on a light blue / alluminium color theme and will feature a complete custom water cooling loop with custom distro plates :D
This will be the first casemod I realize with my new CNC router so this will be also a test mod realized entirely by myself and not with the help of an external company :D

I surely have to thank Cortek, a cool company based in Italy, for supplying me the chassis plus the PSU and rainbow programmable fans

Give their site a visit at: http://www.cortekesports.com/main/index.html

But now.. it's time for some starting pictures! Look at beautiful and well realized is that case. I love the colours and the materials used are really really good :D

And this is what I am currently working on :D Completely accurate 3D model made with solidworks, to design the new plate I will be using for this mod.. for me is something like a challenge with myself, testing the new router with something not so easy.. but.. you will see later :D

For now this is all!

Stay tuned and feel free to ask everything you want, I will try to answer your question!
Oh, and if you want to stay more and more update, visit my fb page and IG account in my signature:D

Thank you all!

FlowMods -

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Subb'ed for this :)

System Name Ryzen 2023
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700
Motherboard Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G Skill Flare X5 2x16gb cl32@6000 MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6950 XT Nitro + gaming Oc
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 64MB 7k SATA600 Blue WD10EZEX, WD Black SN850X 1Tb nvme
Display(s) LG 27GP850P-B
Case Corsair 5000D airflow tempered glass
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850W
Mouse A4Tech V7M bloody
Keyboard Genius KB-G255
Software Windows 10 64bit
Wow that is a case I haven't seen yet. It looks nice. Since the fans are RGB do you have a distinct color scheme you plan on using or will it be a full on rainbow theme?

FlowMods

Wow that is a case I haven't seen yet. It looks nice. Since the fans are RGB do you have a distinct color scheme you plan on using or will it be a full on rainbow theme?

HI! Yes the case really looks cool and it's not so common :)

I will be using them in blue / white and blue! These fans really have some nice colour effects :D Will post a video in the next few days!

FlowMods

First renders are done! I designed the case in solidworks and rendered in keyshot :D

I am now ready to design the new mobo plate with integrated reservoir!

Stay tuned!

FlowMods

Added a few detail to the render :D Now I am ready to start with the real mod :D

Oh, I also shot a video to that awesome case! Check it on my YT channel:

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Loving the renders, if only I had the talent :D :toast:

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I look forward to seeing what goes in the build as much as seeing the render come to life!! :)

FlowMods

Hi guys! I am so proud to announce a new sponsor :D

Alphacool joined this project and I will be using their amazing water cooling parts :D

Meanwhile I wait for the cooling parts to finish the render, I made a video to these amazing fans, check it out!

FlowMods

Hi guys! Something cool arrived here :D

Check these awesome Alphacool parts! Love that CPU wb..

What do you guys think about the picture? I am trying my new grey background with different lights setup!

Thanks again to Alphacool obviously!

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Looks like someone is all cooled out!! :D I'll grab my coat now.......

FlowMods

Hi guys! Making progress with the design :D

Here I am designing the most import part, the MoBo plate with integrated channels :)

I hope it will be finished in the week end!

Stay tuned!

FlowMods

Hi guys :D

Planning is the key!
Removed the original mobo plate, designed the new one and made a wooden template to manually draw the channels before passing everything in CAD..

Stay tuned!

FlowMods

Hi guys!

new update :D

Printed the motherboard scheme in A0 to see if everything fits well and yes, it seems that everything is fine :D

Working on the final renders now.. what do you guys think about? :D

Oh.. and I also shot a video to the awesome Alphacool products.. go check it on my YouTube channel!

Stay tuned guys!!

FlowMods

Hi guys!

Last renders for the new mobo plate are ready! It will be machined soon :D

What do you guys think about?

Stay tuned!!

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
Sub'd for an interesting build :toast:

FlowMods

Hi guys!

We are now entering in the best part of the build :D
My new CNC router is ready after some months of work and I started milling the wooden test mobo plate :D

Stay tuned for more updates and fitting tests!