• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Project: Never Alone

It's not been all that long since my first build really but here I am being trusted with another project but this time with a new sponsor, be quiet! This is something that I'm really looking forward to, my daughter couldn't be overly involved in the last project due to it being for her but this one I will be keeping her involved as much as possible throughout the whole process!

Sponsored project by be quiet!

Hardware list:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: Hyper X
Motherboard: MSI B350 PC Mate
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2
GPU: XFX 480 RS
SSD: OCZ Agility 3
PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 550w
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 600 black windowed
Fans: be quiet! Silent Wings x5
Cablemod GPU bracket
Cablemod Pro Cable

Project: Never Alone is based on the game Never Alone, let me begin to explain how we come to choose this game as the theme for our next build. Well, my daughter told me it had to be a 'game case and black' she means game themed and the black I presume she's seen another case mod on the internet recently that was Egyptian themed, so that was that. I wondered what game I could actually use considering we haven't really got much of a collection especially if I'm going to keep her input for the build here and there, Never Alone, the very first game we started playing together, albeit sometimes she will watch me instead of 'helping' but nonetheless it is a game we really enjoy! The game story is excellent and very interesting to say the least and being based on true facts around the Alaskan Inupiat native people and how they treat the land fairly and with sustainable ways of living without harming the earth are all good things to teach my daughter, on the downside I have heard about the storyline of the game and we have tough times ahead if she is to play through the whole game with me, it is a game we play at our leisure so may take another year or two to complete. I'll have to leave that part there however as I don't want to ruin the game for others.

Today we managed to take the 12 mile trip to the acrylics shop and get what we need ordered, hopefully we can go pick that up tomorrow and then the real work can begin!

I've actually let her take a few measurements and not double checked them so if something doesn't fit it's on her.

It's been awhile, I've had a busy few weeks (who doesn't love the school holidays). Anyways I've been doing the odd bit here and there when I've gotten the chance.

Firstly it started off with breaking some precious acrylic, I was attempting to get a mountain silhouette in the piece but it didn't go well at all.

Next up of course is some prep work along with the paintwork, the top panel and the removable cover are both being painted, the top panel is staying white whilst I have something special planned for the removable cover, you will find more on that closer to the time.

And to give you an idea of how this goes together...

You're probably wondering where the front panel is by now? Well Actually I've just not got around to that yet, I've de-badged it ready for paint but as I mentioned above with the removable panel, this will have something a little more special added to it.

time to show you what I'm currently doing to the fans, just adding a little sparkle and high gloss shine to help give the fans an icy look to them.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Looking very much forward to this :) Hoping to do something similar with my daughter, so I hope I get some good tips along the way!! :) Can't wait for the next post!

Looking very much forward to this :) Hoping to do something similar with my daughter, so I hope I get some good tips along the way!! :) Can't wait for the next post!

You don't need no tips, trial and error is the way and make it fun for your little girl! If she show's an interest then get the dremel out and help her cut some squares or something she can go wild with a spray can afterwards to give it her desired look. It's messy but they enjoy it and learn along the way!

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
I think it might be a rather pink case she'd like but definitely would love to do something for her :) Just grabbed her a start of her new PC along with my partners too... I can't have the two arguing about someone's being faster than the other!! :roll:

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Awesome :D I think I'm going to be doing more work than I intended with these two builds!!

I gave the fans a few extra coats, wasn't too pleased with the look so here's the new improved version.

Time to get the front coated with primer ready for the artwork that will come.

I've even attempted some mountain silhouettes but I need more practice, however they will look better once I've added a few details.

I wasn't going to use a HDD in this case but still want to keep a HDD caddy, I may have a use for it in the end though, we will see.

All ready for the artwork to begin!

Over the next week we should be finished, hate to say it but having my daughter around throughout the school holidays sure slowed down this build but I'm more than happy to see the end is near!

A little update for you all and in my opinion is where the look of the rig starts to change completely!

Not going to be so bland after all.

Stay tuned as more will be happening shortly.

Cute kiddo :) Also, mad respects for going all out BeQuiet. They have amazing quality stuff that always kinda flies under the radar of the masses. I didn't pick their case, but I have over 250€ worth of other stuff from them in my case (Dark Power Pro 11 750W PSU and 6x SilentWings 3 fans). Really quality gear.

Cute kiddo :) Also, mad respects for going all out BeQuiet. They have amazing quality stuff that always kinda flies under the radar of the masses. I didn't pick their case, but I have over 250€ worth of other stuff from them in my case (Dark Power Pro 11 750W PSU and 6x SilentWings 3 fans). Really quality gear.
Cute... It's not going to look so cute once it's painted, think dark, gloomy, arctic.

I cannot agree more! be quiet! - yes that's the way they like it spelt, no upper case, are out standing and are great to their customers too! I did originally want the Dark Base 700 but in all honesty the Pure Base 600 feels right for this build.

A little progress update for you, what do you think about the way it's heading? :)

Ok I wasn't going to share any more tonight but I'm loving this PSU shroud so much I can't resist!

And another panel is finished! :D

Last edited:
And without further delay I can show you the final images of the build.