• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Project Scorpion

Hi guys, it's been awhile since my last build but I finally have another in the works, This one I call project Scorpion

Going with the Thermaltake Core P5 V2 for the case, here it is with my great Sketchup skills that don't catch any details but I guess you'll see those as I add them along the build process.

Along with with the Thermaltake M360 Plus water cooling kit!

... and of course the Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 ARGB 850w PSU!

I've not got everything I need for this build yet so this will be an ongoing project, however, that said, I've made a start where I can.

When the build is going to stagger in places it is bound to leave me time to think about things that I can change to improve my design, I decided to try the Cablemod Vertical GPU mount, it looks amazing on this case and that's even with the weird 8600GT I used! :D

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
That is an interesting case.

Along with with the Thermaltake M360 Plus water cooling kit!

Can you take some pictures of ports of the Pump/Res? I have been looking at picking up that pump/res.

System Name just ordinary potato system, but dont understimate potato..
Processor ryzen raven ridge 2200g, ryzen 2600 upgrade:)
Motherboard msi b350 pc mate, biostars a320, asrock ab350m micro
Cooling x2 cheap china handmade, i got plenty aigo/fantech rgb fans now heh
Memory klevv dual channel 8gb 3000mhz, trident 16gb 3600mhz, random ddr2 stick
Video Card(s) back to square, using vega 56 now:D
Storage wd green ssd 240gb, 3tb seagate expnasion, random laptop hdd x4, 1tb 3.5
Display(s) acer vgo 22inch fullhd 75hz
Case cheap segotep/dazumba mid atx, alcatroz mini atx
Audio Device(s) genius retro wood style, harman kardon stick iii
Power Supply be quite system power9, powerlogic standar, voltron 300fx, thermaltake smart 1200w
Mouse rexus, genius ps/2, powerlogic ps/2 ball tracking
Keyboard rexus, random china product x3
Software talking abt best software, autodesk/unity3d/notepad yes notepad!!
Benchmark Scores theres nothing to brag abt potato, but it can run decent 30fps fullhd with good setting:)
idont even know such credible brand like thermaltake producting an powerspuly with rgb too, well couldnt be helped i guess, this is the years of rainbow colours:)
anyway am out of focus becouse of that gpu, it stole the whole show rly:)

Last edited:
Can you take some pictures of ports of the Pump/Res? I have been looking at picking up that pump/res.

I'll get around to that later, phone and camera both need charging, sorry.

idont even know such credible brand like thermaltake producting an powerspuly with rgb too, well couldnt be helped i guess, this is the years of rainbow colours:)

This PSU is no slouch for sure, I plan on using white and green for lighting, that's what I like about RGB, you don' t need the whole rainbow to look cool... ;)

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
A little update!

It's been rather long since I had chance to do much since my kids take up most of my time and then a little hiccup with a wrong package I recieved but we are now getting there! There is just 2 things on the way but I plan to start building the loop tomorrow anyway.

Which actually brings us to the fittings I'll be using, they are beautiful to say the least! Looking forward to using these. :D

Firstly I needed some aluminium!

That was easy enough but then I wanted to get it engraved but as you see below that didn't turn out so great and was rather hard to see under normal conditions.

After the failure with the engraving I decided that I'll try somewhere else for my engraving, that is yet to be done but in the mean time I was able to get the finish I wanted on the panels. A brushed finish on the outside and a rough mirror finsh on the inside (No power tools and shoulder injury makes this kind of work extremely difficult) and I'm quite happy with the look, I didn't want a 100% smooth mirror finish, or at least even now I don't think so anyway, it gives it a bit of a rough look which suits the overall look I'll be going for

Hopefully I'll be able to have this build finished soon now! :D