• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PSU Needed, Spare no money - No overkill

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
I will never buy another case without removable, washable air filters.
Surprisingly and luckily all the case brands also sold case fans.
And the better brands included quality fans. I have always liked Antec cases and their fans (their better ones, anyway) - even the Antec "Big Boy 200mm" fan that chopped off the top of my knuckle! And Fractal Design fans great and dead quiet too.

I think the tempered glass thing is a marketing ploy. I like a side panel window because it makes it easy to do regular visual inspections for dust build up (inevitable even with filters) and spinning fans without having to remove the panel. But a quality piece of plexiglass works just fine.

As for side panel fans, I am not a fan (no pun intended). I have found they can actually disrupt the desired front to back flow of cool air through the case. The exception is when the side panel fan blows into an attached tube that channels the air directly onto the CPU or GPU. I also don't like side panel fans because, being mounted on the big side panel, any vibration or noise can be exaggerated by the panel and reverberate through the case - at least with flimsy panels.

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
years ago i did on a test on one of my antecs using a side panel fan in both the intake and out position. I can't recall which position but one actually increased temps while the other did nothing. After that I just covered side panels with sound dampening or a filter. Side fans absolutely disrupt air movement within the case and can make your side panel vibrate.

Personally I use Antec, Scythe, and Enermax fans for their silence. I also have an entire collection of corsair and cooler master fans that sit in a box due to their noise level.