• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Pure Binomial Project by St.Jimmy's PC Modding

Hi Guys! After the Unicorn Destroy Mod, I'm here today with a brand new project, called Pure Binomial! The name is inspired by the base idea of this mod, which is the binomial between clear and non-clear. In fact, the main point of the mod will be that the internals will be visible from three sides of the case: front and back will be almost entirely clear! Secondary color will be green.

I wanna do a special thank to my sponsors:

Seasonic - PSU Seasonic Prime Titanium 750W

Coolermaster - Coolermaster MasterCase Maker 5T

Aquatuning - Watercooling, cooling in general, lighting

Nanoxia/CoolForce - Fittings

VG Informatica Torino - Sleeved cables - (maybe) graphics card

So, let's start with the pics! :D

This is all for now! Let me know what you think :)

Hi guys! I'm sorry, I've been gone for far too long, due to the little time I had lately. But here comes a big update now! I've done a lot of panels, installed the reservoirs, made a custom pump stand, a vertical GPU mount and some tubes too. Still a lot of work to do but it's definitely taking shape!

I'm glad to announce my new collaboration with Apacer! These SSDs Panther AS340 are magnificent!

And now let's head to the updates! Not a lot of stuff for now, but it's definitely all about quality and not quantity!
The loop is pretty complex, I gotta say I spent several hours just thinking about the components order, to optimize the looks. I feel like those hours were well spent! Still back and bottom tubes to make, with satin tubes! Then some other structural mods and finally I'll get to detailing and painting!

A couple shots with the reflex :D

BIG NEWS! Pure Binomial Project has taken part to the Coolermaster Case Mod World Series 2017! Check out the official thread: http://community.coolermaster.com/topic/21878-pure-binomial-project-by-stjimmys-pc-modding/ :D

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I'm not a fan of all the advertising at the start, I don't give a shit who sponsors you, I only look at the build pictures.

I'm not a fan of all the advertising at the start, I don't give a shit who sponsors you, I only look at the build pictures.

Well, sponsors appreciate that, they support me and I support them. I'm sorry if you dislike this way of starting sponsored projects worklogs but that's how it works.

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
LOVE THE WORK MAN! You need more Sponsors IMHO.................You can en-bed them in your Signature also.

LOVE THE WORK MAN! You need more Sponsors IMHO.................You can en-bed them in your Signature also.

Thank you man, for the Van Halen's tribute too! :D

Sponsors are for the project, they don't always sponsor me in everything I do so the signature thing is a little unpractical.
Btw I'm always looking for new sponsors, I'm currently waiting for a reply from Cablemod and Mayhems :)

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Software W10HB
I assume the red parts will be changed in color(as they look sanded down or scuffed up), great work! MORE PICTURE'S!!!!! That big mat under the computer up top, is it a bench cover or mouse pad?

I assume the red parts will be changed in color(as they look sanded down or scuffed up), great work! MORE PICTURE'S!!!!! That big mat under the computer up top, is it a bench cover or mouse pad?

Thank you! You assumed right, the main colors of the mod are black and green and the red parts will be painted with of the two colors :)
It's an Alphacool Eisplateau, it's an antistatic mat. Pretty much the same material of a mousepad but it's way larger (like 60x100cm) and comes with antistatic bracelets to attach to it! It also has the main measurements of watercooling components like pumps, differente diameters of tubing, radiators and so on! Really useful!

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Software W10HB
Them SSD'S look like they were shoved in there, you have all that space and plexiglass.I assume you will be lighting the plexiglass? Why not float them................

Them SSD'S look like they were shoved in there, you have all that space and plexiglass.I assume you will be lighting the plexiglass? Why not float them................

All the plexy will be lit up. But I actually made them float, I mean, I couldn't make them float more, I still have to realise how to beat gravity :D
Where would you put them anyway?

Hi guys,

It's been awhile but I did a lot of progress since I have about two weeks left to complete the mod. Here are the pics of new panels, a few tubes and the start of stencil design and paintjob!

I will probably do two other updates at max, before the final result so make sure to stay tuned so you won't miss the final shooting! :D

Big update, we're almost at the end!
I also remind you that this mod is participating to the Case Mod World Series 2017 by Coolermaster! Here's the link to the official thread: http://community.coolermaster.com/t...roject-by-stjimmys-pc-modding/#comment-138446

Let's take a look at the pics of the progress so far :D

This is all for now, next update will be the final results! Stay tuned and support me in the competition if you like my work! Thank you :D

System Name Grond
Processor Ryen 5 3600x PBO ~ 4.4GHz / fabric at 1900
Motherboard MSI b550 Tomahawk
Cooling XSPC Raystorm CPU w/ am4 mounting bracket+ 2 RX360 radiator + xspc Razor R9-290 w/ backplate
Memory 32gb Crucial Ballistix @ 3800
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290 w/ XSPC Razor full cover block and backplate
Storage WD SN850 1tb-OS, SN750 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb, WD blue hdd 4tb
Display(s) Samsung 23" 120hz 3d LCD w/ 3d glasses, using 'lightboost' trick
Case NZXT H630 white watercooling case
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek ALC 1200+ Sennheiser HD 598
Power Supply XFX Pro 850 XXX semi-modular
Mouse Logitech G703 Wireless
Keyboard Steelseries 6 v2
Software Windows 10 Pro (Had some mystery error on Win7 and decided to go W10)
Good work, this looks great.

Here it is, the final shooting of Pure Binomial Project! Enjoy
I also made a time lapse video of the assembly with some presentation clips:

This post puts end to the worklog. I hope the judges appreciate this as well as the audience! I'll put a link to the poll when it'll be available! :)

Hi guys! Some new pics for VG Informatica, they didn't make it in time as sponsors, but when the mod was done they showed up and payed me to slap logo and site on it, so please don't bother with "I hate logos" and stuff like that, the mod was finished even without it but I took the chance to earn something :)

Also, last hours left to vote!! Make sure to leave a vote for the World Series 2017: http://makerhub.coolermaster.com/portfolio-item/mod-gallery-pure-binomial-project-alessandro-zaiti/

Thank you!!

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Tron called, he wants his ride back.

System Name Gamer
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D
Case Phanteks Eclipse P200A D-RGB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Gorgeous. I always thought we need to see more green LED's. Blue was the thing back in the day, nowadays seem's it's all red. I always thought green was better than both though.

Just curious, how much do you let something like this go for?

Gorgeous. I always thought we need to see more green LED's. Blue was the thing back in the day, nowadays seem's it's all red. I always thought green was better than both though.

Just curious, how much do you let something like this go for?

Thanks! Make sure you leave a vote at the link :D I love green too by the way, it can be way cooler than blue and red!

Talking about money, this exact mod would've cost about 3000-4000€ of craftmanship, as it took like five months to get it done, but I'm still studying so let's say that when I will only be doing this, I will probably charge about 500€ per month of work or something like that. Still depends on the type of mod obviously.
I could do that price if I'll be able to take on like two full projects at the same time and some custom accessories.

System Name Box of Distraction
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling Custom watercooling
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB @ 3466MHz CL14 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080Ti FE. WC'd & TDP limit increased to 360W.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB & WD Black 2TB storage drive.
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" 1440P 165hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Phillips Fidelio X2 headphones / basic Bose speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W G3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0 (mx red switches)
Software Win 10 & Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/infrared
I'm trying (well, failing!) to get my head around that loop! :laugh: It does look pretty spectacular though. :clap: