1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

QNAP TS-409 Pro Turbo NAS

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by DanTheBanjoman, Feb 13, 2008.

1. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    QNAP already added nearly every thinkable feature to their NAS firmwares. To make a new series innovation had to be found elsewhere. QNAP decided to double the capacity in their TS-409 Pro and add features to utilize this space. The four disks that the TS-409 Pro houses can therefore be put in any RAID level including 6. Besides adding RAID 5 and 6 support QNAP shows they take their RAID arrays seriously by adding support for online expansion and RAID migration. Combined with the already proven ease of use and list of software features the TS-409 Pro Turbostation promises to be a solid product.

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/QNAP/TS409/

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
    10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    any info on the twonky media server? i have a Lacie Nas that works fairly well but drives me crazy because to access the backend of the twonky media server to do updates on the software i have to call lacie and give them all my info. it is a pain. i would consider qnap if they may it easier.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Wanted to ask, if it supports NTFS as read-only, doesn't that spell trouble? I can't format 'large' drives/volumes ( >32 GB) on WinNT-derived OS'es to FAT32. Does the device format fresh drives by itself?