• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

QPAD MK-50 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

QPAD's MK-50 mechanical gaming keyboard could be what everyone has been begging for. Like its bigger brother the MK-85, you get the choice of key mechanism with the MK-50. The keyboard is available with all the different version of the Cherry MX mechanical keys.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name MASTER
Processor Core i7 3930k run at 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x4G kingston hyperx beast 2400mhz
Video Card(s) 2X EVGA GTX680
Storage 2X Crusial M4 256g raid0, 1TbWD g, 2x500 WD B
Display(s) Samsung 27' 1080P LED 3D monitior 2ms
Case CoolerMaster Chosmos II
Audio Device(s) Creative sound blaster X-FI Titanum champion,Creative speakers 7.1 T7900
Power Supply Corsair 1200i, Logitch G500 Mouse, headset Corsair vengeance 1500
Software Win7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3d mark 2011: testing
from 3rd picture i see short left shift key, crappy for me when gaming

Ross1

I got this keyboard a couple of weeks back. While the article says its still expensive, the fact is I couldnt find a cheaper mx brown keyboard in the uk anywhere. The only plausible one would be a silent razer blackwidow, however I have not seen a uk layout listed at any point.

Yes, its not exactly the best looking, or the best built. However the filco is £40 more (it also has a short left shift button btw) and thats a fairly significant difference. The cheapest rival would be the Zowie Celeritas, which you can get for around £5-10 more.

I still have a qpad mousepad I bought back in 2005? or thereabouts. Thing is still great, though not a mechanical device like a keyboard.

evulmunk33

BitFenix Rep
I got this keyboard a couple of weeks back. While the article says its still expensive, the fact is I couldnt find a cheaper mx brown keyboard in the uk anywhere. The only plausible one would be a silent razer blackwidow, however I have not seen a uk layout listed at any point.

Yes, its not exactly the best looking, or the best built. However the filco is £40 more (it also has a short left shift button btw) and thats a fairly significant difference. The cheapest rival would be the Zowie Celeritas, which you can get for around £5-10 more.
id recommend the zowie celeritas over the qpad, hands down...
it has slightly annoying quirks, but the feeling of the celeritas is really nice...

i like our own cm storm keyboards more of course, hehe, but really, if those two are all you can get id recommend the celeritas...