• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Quadro FX 770M oem driver problems.

Processor Intel Core i7-6700k - Stock, multi core boost enabled
Motherboard MSI Z170i Gaming Pro AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S + Arctic MX2 thermal paste, 2 case fans (front and rear).
Memory 2x8gb Kingston DDR4 2666mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Geforce 1060 GTX Gaming X
Storage 120gb Samsung 830 EVO SSD, 240gb Samung 840 Evo SSD, 1tb Seagate HDD, 960gb Corsair Force MP510B
Display(s) Dell Ultrasharp 1920x1080
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX SE
Power Supply SilverStone SST-ST85F-P
Mouse Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0
Keyboard Steelseries 6Gv2 - Cherry MX Black edition
Software OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20 multicore score: 2249. Cinebench R23 multicore score: 5149.
So i work as a computer techie at a large company and i have this error which i can not solve.
The company mainly uses Dell as supplier of desktop computers and laptops, but we have got an HP laptop for testing, if it can be a replacement for Dell.
Until now it has been nothing but headaches. It is a HP EliteBook 8530w.
The problem right now, which is quite significant, is the drivers (i think its them). Graphical perfomance is very sluggish, even the fading effect in the windows xp start menu is slow. And whenever i open the nvidia control panel, the screens starts to flicker horribly. But only when the spinning nvidia logo is showing.

So far ive tried regularly uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers supplied by HP. Uninstalling again, then using guru3d's driver cleaner and then reinstalled HP's drivers, and yet the problem still persists.
Ive tried many times now, and followed instensed the instructions for the methods ive used above.
Its just one of the many problem we've had with this laptop, so i dont think we will be switching from Dell to HP anytime soon :p

Any bit of help will be greatly apprieciated.

We're about to move from 8510w's to 8530w's. I only had (huge) performance issues when on battery. Setting PowermizerLevel to 1 in the registry and that issue is solved.

Cooling Noctua NH-U14S + Arctic MX2 thermal paste, 2 case fans (front and rear).
Storage 120gb Samsung 830 EVO SSD, 240gb Samung 840 Evo SSD, 1tb Seagate HDD, 960gb Corsair Force MP510B
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20 multicore score: 2249. Cinebench R23 multicore score: 5149.
We're about to move from 8510w's to 8530w's. I only had (huge) performance issues when on battery. Setting PowermizerLevel to 1 in the registry and that issue is solved.

Thanks for the reply. How do i do that? Only know how to change it in the nvidia controlpanel. But the most significant problem is the error with 3D, for example the screen flickering when showing the spinning nvidia logo in the controlpanel.

Like I said, registry, just do a search for the key. The flickering should be unrelated though. Is this the only one you have or does this problem exist on multiple machines? None of our machines has such an issue.

We only have this one, for testing. I found a older driver on HP's support page for this model, but the error still persists. My collegues figured it might be a hardware fault then. We are just throwing it back to the place where we bought it.
So i guess this thread might be redundant now :p But thanks for the help anyways, the powermizer tip might come in handy later with our Dell laptops.

You should just use NV's latest driver, modify the inf to include the device ID of the laptops card. Relying on driver updates from Dell/HP/etc isn't a great thing. For instance, Dell doesn't have Vista x64 drivers for our old Vostro 1500, was rather annoying when I wanted to use one as test machine. I'm not sure why NV insists on seeking support at the OEMs.

Anyway, overall I am happy with HP, performance is good, service so far unknown though. We only broke one so far. The issue was solved the next day without any further questions. They seemed to trust my judgment.