1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

qubit's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 GIVEAWAY competition!

Discussion in 'Games' started by qubit, Sep 9, 2011.

?

Fun poll! TechPowerUp is:

1. unimaginably awesome!! Nothing compares to TPU

51.3%
  2. home to the best tech community on the planet

61.3%
  3. home to the best product reviews, especially graphics cards

49.6%
  4. the best forum on the net

44.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. m4gicfour

m4gicfour

Thanks Received:
    That picture makes me laugh. That must be what SEGA's board of directors looks like. Their strategy the last ten years has been... odd.

2. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    Qubit, your gonna want to let me win CODmw3 so i can wipe my arse with it....:toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    Good, you go win MW4 while I take MW3 ;)

4. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    I must have both so I can kick extreme amounts of ass

[​IMG]

and push my system to the limit with these amazing games!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  5. m4gicfour

m4gicfour

Thanks Received:
    2 weeks left to get in on the giveaway people

Qubit why am I the one bumping YOUR thread? :laugh:

qubit says thanks.
  6. ironleg New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would like the call of duty modern warfare 3 game because I was ran over by a kid driving in a Toyota. I lost my right leg and I am disabled with a family of five. (true story). If i was to go hunting deer I would end up shooting half the hunters in the forest because a one legged man hopping around the forest trying to shoot Bambi with a severe case of I LEAN disease would be frond upon by the fish and game establishment. yes, I tried crutches once. my cousin went down across a draw to spook them to go by the hilltop I was at,( I was standing on a logging road,) my cousin said he heard the tink tink tink, of the crutches as I was trying to get to a better position. unbeknownst to me they were logging that area and a logging truck came around the corner and all my cousin heard was the trucker hitting his Jake brake to slow down and my crutches going TINK,TINK, TINK, TINK, and me yelling *hit,*hit!,*hit! as I dove off the logging road for cover. my cousin almost pissed himself laughing so hard and the trucker had to stop because his eyes were watering so much from him laughing too!
    So the moral of the story is I am on a fixed income, unable to buy the game and a menace to myself and other hunters. they could use me as the poster child as what not to do in a 5 min. vidieo on hunter safety and people with 1 leg trying to hunt. I love computer games! If I dont get a computer game I will probably have to take up kitting but they would probably dull the kitting needles. so I deserve the game for my thoughtless act of not hunting and 1.killing half of anything in the forest,
    2.becoming another hood ornament for a truck,
    3.and not impaling myself for trying to knit. help a gamer out.!

Attached Files:

• kick.jpg
      kick.jpg
      File size:
      32.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  7. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    I tried 5 times, TL;DR.

8. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Keep 'em coming, competition finishes 21st October. :)

9. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    my birthdays on the 23rd, so the 21st your time is the 22nd my time, so i'd have it for my birthday.

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    Oh noez!

This shooter hasn't got any nazis? Is that even possible? Who will we Americans justify killing, simply because they can be recognized as an unquestionable evil?

I absolutely must see! I must!

I mean, it's not like previous games in the series have done anything like this. They wouldn't have the balls to do something like setting of a nuke in nearly the opening sequence. Nobody could do that, because everyone knows that shooters only happen in space or WWII.

I must see who the villains are. Seeing as how the villains aren't nazis, if I don't approve I'll need to get out my old bible and rain hellfire onto Activision. I must get this game, and I must know!

Edit: For those apparently not aware, sarcasm was intended. Having spent a year in Germany, I heard this all the time. "Americans have it backward. They like to shoot people, but can't stand f**king. What the heck?" It got old fast. As so many of our illustrious colleagues point out, America isn't the only country in the world. It might do us a little good to remember that, rather than waving our cocks about whenever anyone disagrees with us...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  11. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    Iraqi? Afghans? Random Arabs?

12. Shihabyooo

Shihabyooo

Thanks Received:
    Please, we've had enough already. Not that we got bombarded or anything, But you get all these bearded war-loving fanatics yelling about how USA is evil and we must help our brothers in X country :shadedshu . well eff them and eff you too sir ! We're not even arab anyway.
    Anyways, by the time the Yankees mobilize, the Arabs would be extinct. Al-Asad and Salih are doing a helluva job :rolleyes:

13. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    I was being sarcastic, but now I'm curious where you're from :)

14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    If you give me the game Ill shoot something inanimate with a high powered rifle.

Irony says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  15. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    I must have the game due to being broke after my current system build (see my specs) and I want to be able to kick some whiny 12 year olds right out of the game when I bring in my Chopper Gunners and Juggernaut suits all over their too young to play I want to kick you in the face voices.[​IMG]

16. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    The reason I want this game?

First Ill kick back and get the barrels hot,
    [​IMG]
    Then laugh as the casual conversation occur's,
    [​IMG]
    Then set this fantastic babe down,
    [​IMG]
    Then the real fun start's,
    [​IMG]
    If he had just picked the class with a ninja perk,
    [​IMG]
    Having a great time with my friends.
    [​IMG]

Repeat 10 times a day, then your doing it right. :) Expect great gains in KD ratio's with this beautiful technique.
    *NOTE*I really want because,to acquire e-peen

Thanks to Q, seriously !!! Time's are getting really tuff for some people out there (financial issues) but I don't let it get the best of me, and I wish everybody the same!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  17. Shihabyooo

Shihabyooo

Thanks Received:
    I know you were, and so was I :).
    Guess !

18. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Competition ending soon - let's have your entries! :)

19. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:

I'm going for england. or at least the commonwealth.

Back to Qubit: (I like your name. I would've used it if it wasn't taken)
    As for the game, If you give it to me, I promise I'll talk to the underworld about their plans to make a portal where you're sitting.

20. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    At first I was all like:

[​IMG]

But then I was like:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  21. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Thanks Received:
    It was 5th grade English class, the day I decided that I was a lot tougher than I really was. My adverssary's name was Jeremy Kraft. He was the biggest kid in class, and also the most mentally challenged.

He had just stood up and given the most embarassing public display of stupidity that my 10 year old self had yet witnessed. When called upon to read his answers to the class, he was unable to read his own handwriting.

In all of my maturity at the time, I found this to be one of the most hilarious things that I had ever seen.

Naturally, he wasn't too impressed with the amount of laughter I was contributing to the situation, and he decided that he wanted to fight after school.

Now we come to the point that a normal 75 pound 5th grader would back down and apologize to the 180 pound kid that had every right to be upset. But not me, I was special.

Up to this point in my life, I had been a huge fan of the World Wrestling Federation, and there was no amount of reasoning with me that could convince me it was fake. In my world, people beat up people twice thier size on a daily basis. Why should this turn out any different? So I did what any reasonable 10 year old with an irrational belief in fantasy would do. I accepted the challenge.

[​IMG]

The rest of the school day passed without issue. I calmly awaited the bell, and when it finally came, I had not broken a sweat. We left the school and met up in the parking lot. Of course, we were smart enough not to fight there because we knew that the teachers would break it up if we chose there to start, so we were off to the fight arena, which was 5 blocks away from the school, and well secluded from any adult intervention.

It was an interesting walk there, with him telling me about the beating he was about to administer, and me laughing at him and making disparaging remarks about his intelligence and his weight. This was definitely not the smartest plan of action on my part, but I was confident in my ability to slay the giant, and nothing but time would make me change my mind. It didn't help matters that our little group of witnesses was laughing and encouraging me the whole time. Reason didn't have a chance to set in.

It was time, the walk was over and it was time to show the ogre who was boss. we squared off and looked each other in the eyes. Rage displayed in his and cocky overconfidence displayed in mine. a few circle turns and I was ready for the kill. He lunged at me, which I easily side stepped, and using the best logic that my W.W.F. inspired fantasy could provide me, I jumped on his back to put him in the sleeper hold. Now if you've ever seen wrestling, this was a surefire way to take him out. In reality, it was a way for him to jump in to the air and land on top of me. That was the moment the fight was really over, all of the wind was knocked out of me, and I was done.

I just wish someone would have told him that. He decided that he should add a little more punishment and started elbowing me in the head repeatedly. After 4 or 5 blows and a bloody nose, he had worked out his rage and let me go. It was finally over, and with it went my blind faith in the legitamacy of professional wrestling.

Since that day I have been trying to reclaim my honor through the destruction of enemies in various videogames. I have not yet had the honor of playing the Modern Warfare games, but I'm sure that killing some Russians will give me a pure shot of testicular fortitude.

Win, lose, or draw, thanks qubit for holding this contest.:toast:

blu3flannel says thanks.
  22. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:

That was pretty dang good. Even though you were once a fan of wwf, I think you just redeemed yourself and deserve a prize for that description of humiliation. :nutkick: (whether or not you just now entered it because it took you this long to compose it, or it really did occur.) :toast:

Damn_Smooth says thanks.
  23. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Thanks Received:
    It was a true story, I just got the motivation to write it all down now though.

24. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    I must be able to get MW3 for my sexy computer!!!!
    Also cable management is changed/much improved since this picture but I have no camera :(

Attached Files:

25. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Would you say no to a cripple

<-----